• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Neres

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Interesting. I think PL teams are generally pretty dire in terms of giving young players a chance. It's basically just Iwobi and Guendouzi (and AMN) carrying that stat though. I think all three have made more minutes than warranted though.

There were definitely opportunities to involve youth prospects at RB, Wing, CM throughout the season. Even at ST I think more minutes could have been given to Nketiah. I think it's a shame, especially long term. Though I understand the short term pressure on Emery.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure if we should be spending over 50% of our summer budget on this kid when we have Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Amiechi or Saka who could be doing the same thing as he in next two years.
Odds stacked against more than one making it here. Spending big money on a winger could open up a position for one of them on the other side.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
His goals and assists record domestically and Europe say youre wrong. Unless 10 appearances 2 goals and 2 assists are not doing much in Europe same as 27 league appearances 8 goals and 11 assists.
Those numbers aren't helping your argument mate.

Miracetti

Last season he was Ajax top scorer and second in terms of assists. This season i think they would sell him but the deal was not completed. They bring another experient winger and started to play Neres in other positions and he struggled and was benched. He played even as CM or CF. This why his numbers are lower now.

His position is in the RW. He started 9 games in the RW this season with 5 goals and 2 assists. Also he tends to score in almost all big game, what is something rare among young players.

Some people here are talking about hype. I dont think he is hyped. He was Ajax top scorer last season, was scoring in their big games, was elected the best player of the league in the first half of the season, produced some Ronaldinho-esque moments but you would never find any thread about him in football sites, meanwhile everybody was excited about Justin Kluivert that is a clear inferior player. If one thing i believe David Neres is not good at selling himself. Something similar happens with Sadio Mane, for example. Players that are rated lower than others that are clearly inferior footballers.

That said i dont think he is made to play in the PL. He is lightweight and too risk in his style. Probably would lose the ball all the time in the first months and angry everybody.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Last season he was Ajax top scorer and second in terms of assists. This season i think they would sell him but the deal was not completed. They bring another experient winger and started to play Neres in other positions and he struggled and was benched. He played even as CM or CF. This why his numbers are lower now.

His position is in the RW. He started 9 games in the RW this season with 5 goals and 2 assists. Also he tends to score in almost all big game, what is something rare among young players.

Some people here are talking about hype. I dont think he is hyped. He was Ajax top scorer last season, was scoring in their big games, was elected the best player of the league in the first half of the season, produced some Ronaldinho-esque moments but you would never find any thread about him in football sites, meanwhile everybody was excited about Justin Kluivert that is a clear inferior player. If one thing i believe David Neres is not good at selling himself. Something similar happens with Sadio Mane, for example. Players that are rated lower than others that are clearly inferior footballers.

That said i dont think he is made to play in the PL. He is lightweight and too risk in his style. Probably would lose the ball all the time in the first months and angry everybody.
Hleb was lightweight but he was the god of dribbling.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Given how much exposure he's had this season (and there'll hopefully be more on the way vs the Spuds) I dont see us signing him

Top Bottom