• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sead Kolašinac: The Assist Man's Bodyguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feels like everyone and their babysitter need to do extra work when he is on the field.

Seems to have lost his attacking touch in recent matches which was probably the only reason justifying having him in the team.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't mind him honestly. He can play 20 games per season for us at a very high level of performance.

Just do't play him against teams who have players like Zaha.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Like him a lot, very efficient as a lwb. But if the way forward is more centered around a traditional back 4, i suspect he won't do. Although, i would be willing to let him develop during the pre-summer if to see if Emery can get his defense better adapted to this league. Don't think we should sell just yet

OSBK

Established Member
The parts i rate about him- powerful, quick, exciting bombing forward

What i dont rate- his engine, he cannot do 90 minutes running up and down and in fact i woukd say he struggles with 45mins. His end product, how can a guy get in that amazing position 5+ times a game or half and have such a poor end product.

His mistakes are caused by his fatigue, somehow he needs to up his fitness levels.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This guy annoys me no end. We seem to change our entire formation and tactics to accommodate him.

I would swear we had Roberto Carlos at LB! Then again if we did, we wouldn't need to do so much compensating.

Any defender we have who can't play in a back 4, needs to be shown the door. Their primary job is to defend.

It isn't even like his assist rate is out of this world, Bellerin has been out for months and has the same number of assists while being able to defend.

I'm also worried about his fitness levels and body type. Kolasinac is kind of heavy for a full back, you can carry that kind of size at centre back or midfield but I like my full backs trim. He could end up having a short shelf life at the top level if he doesn't take care of himself.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He's really **** when he's not steaming onto a through ball with acres of space to gallop into, take a touch and drill it in hope across the box.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Bellerin has been out for months and has the same number of assists while being able to defend.

Which Bellerin are you talking about? While probably our best defender in terms of the RB/LB spots, he is still a garbage defender. Pace helps him a huge deal.
We miss him, clearly, but I am always amazed how players seem to get better while they are out.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Which Bellerin are you talking about? While probably our best defender in terms of the RB/LB spots, he is still a garbage defender. Pace helps him a huge deal.
We miss him, clearly, but I am always amazed how players seem to get better while they are out.
He was very ropey at the start of the season but his defending had gotten better just before his injury. It'll probably be a good while before he's as effective. In any case, it's quite an even argument over who's the better defender. Kola is very strong and he's pretty good 1v1 but his positioning is awful - rarely has the 1v1 because the opponents are always goalside of him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was very ropey at the start of the season but his defending had gotten better just before his injury. It'll probably be a good while before he's as effective. In any case, it's quite an even argument over who's the better defender. Kola is very strong and he's pretty good 1v1 but his positioning is awful - rarely has the 1v1 because the opponents are always goalside of him.
Ah, sense at least in the forum.
100%. Kola tends to bust a gut going forward as well and gets caught up field, or as you say, poor positionally. Arguably this is where hector's pace saves him.. both require work in positioning. although i think bellerin can learn to adapt as his pace fades over the years.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

At least Rob Holding was improving before he turned into Maldini during injury, but Bellerin has never been convincing. I like him, he's a good RB and our best fullback now that Monreal is declining but Bellerin cant really cross or defend. He's lethal on the counter though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Kola in defence

giphy.gif

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

Fair point well made, my Bellerin shout out was meant to be damning with faint praise.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Killed all our attacks down the left, and unfortunately that is Ozils side. Özil kept freeing him, and he kept fcuking it upm

We need an upgrade on both our wings, but Kola is the priority.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Kola is a good squad player to come on when needed, we need a proper LB/WingBack. What a cross for that final goal though, perfect in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom