• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Really hate the DLP & #10 combo.

Always thought it was Wengers jumping the shark moment & cost him... Now Emery opts for it in a vital away game.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wrong, you can play better football with these players. Beautiful football is about philosophy not players.
I don't think we can achieve that with mkhi or Iwobi been our wingers they don't have the ability to make us really play good football every game

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Why? It'll bring us back to CL and have European trophy

Too many embarrasments in the season.

The same mental shortcomings in the players is still there from The Wenger days and Emery doesn't seem to have the correct approach for that. He hasnt even seemed to adress that. He has not adress our defensive shortcomings but tried instead to play our way out of it, a very Wenger approach.

Pre-emery I was arguing for Henry or Paddy and that is harder now that Henry tested his wings and failed and Solskjaer seemed to have dipped after the burst he came with but on the other hand Zidane is back at Real...

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Top 4 and Europa are still within reach, so he's doing a good job on that front. I hope we play better, more entertaining football next season though, this is very hard to get behind. If we are going to suck, at least be fun to watch.

This mentality kills us.

You cant build a house from The roof down

You start at the foundation.

We should have focused on defense first, Tactical formations so we could later add to that solid foundation.

Offense wins games
Defense wins championships

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
It will be interesting to see what people say about him if he doesn't win EL or get top 4.
I wonder if we could somehow get that manager from Ajax, he knows how to integrate young players, plays great football and have excellent results.

MustOezil

We need a better coach
You rather look good and lose?

Fvck that! Winning counts

No one here is saying they would rather lose with beautiful football than win playing ugly. Not sure why you seem to take it that way.

But Emerys football is indeed boring and unexciting, so when he doesn't win, it is much more depressing.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This mentality kills us.

You cant build a house from The roof down

You start at the foundation.

We should have focused on defense first, Tactical formations so we could later add to that solid foundation.

Offense wins games
Defense wins championships
While this is not popular opinion, there is some truth in it. Only problem I see here is that we don't have money to rebuild defence to the level where we don't need to bother if we have Iwobi and Mkhi on the wings.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lot of people hitting on Emery in his first season. Crazy stuff.

1. He can only work with what he’s got and we have holes in our squad compared to other teams going for top 4

2. Like Wenger, he’s suffered long term injuries to key players Welbeck, Bellerin, Holding. When the squad is thin these payers matter.

3. He’s not a style manager, he’s more reactive. He’s thoughtful and tries to work out a game plan for the opposition with his videos, notes and tactics. Different to Wenger, Pep, Klopp, who try to play more or less the same way and let the opposition adjust. It’s a different type of management but not necessarily wrong.

The bottom line is anything in top 6 is very good for the first season in the Prem and better than Klopp’s. People need to calm and the board need to back him with some decent cash this summer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
One thing Wenger did quite well fairly often was finish strong. We saw a great start to this season followed by our usual dip in form but we have failed to finish strong. Our rivals are all but gifting the top 4 to us and we keep blowing it.
Not impressed with the past month or so at all.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People need to calm and the board need to back him with some decent cash this summer.
What planet do you live on. Neither of these things are possible.
Lot of people hitting on Emery in his first season. Crazy stuff.

1. He can only work with what he’s got and we have holes in our squad compared to other teams going for top 4

2. Like Wenger, he’s suffered long term injuries to key players Welbeck, Bellerin, Holding. When the squad is thin these payers matter.

3. He’s not a style manager, he’s more reactive. He’s thoughtful and tries to work out a game plan for the opposition with his videos, notes and tactics. Different to Wenger, Pep, Klopp, who try to play more or less the same way and let the opposition adjust. It’s a different type of management but not necessarily wrong.

Just want to start this reply by saying I agree in sentiment and I also like Emery but the following came to mind
1. Working with what you have is great but starting Elneny and a 19yo against Palace was ****. He's also over used Mustafi all season.

2. Injuries have derailed us a bit. No argument there.

3. It is open to much more criticism because when he gets it wrong we get hammered and we've had a few of those recently.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Come on mate, Klopp finished 8th in his first season.

Injuries to Mavropanos, Holding and Kos and short injuries and bans for Sokratis hasn’t given Emery much choice over Mustafi.

It’s easy to criticise but we don’t know what the medical staff have been telling him about red zone fitness and rotation.

My only criticism of Emery is that I can’t understand a thing he says in pressers, and I used to love Wenger’s as much as the game. :lol:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Emery definitely has deserved some criticism this year but any manager in their first season would get some, he's learning.

Also most Arsenal fans thought we'd finish 6th and now it looks much worse since we had a chance to go 3rd and run away with top 4 but we're now in a similar position to where I, and many others thought we'd be come the end of the season. I won't even bother about injuries because that has hampered us no if buts or maybes.

I'm still very optimistic we'll get CL somehow, be it Europa or top 4 and top 4 may be decided this weekend if things don't go our way.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Come on mate, Klopp finished 8th in his first season.

Injuries to Mavropanos, Holding and Kos and short injuries and bans for Sokratis hasn’t given Emery much choice over Mustafi.

It’s easy to criticise but we don’t know what the medical staff have been telling him about red zone fitness and rotation.

My only criticism of Emery is that I can’t understand a thing he says in pressers, and I used to love Wenger’s as much as the game. :lol:
In Klopp's first season you didn't have the top 4 stumbling to the finish line. Not a lot of points gets top 4 this season. I've hardly criticized here just said it how it is. You're asking me to 'come on' then clarify the below for me please.
  • Do you honestly believe starting Elneny and Guendouzi was a good decision against Palace? That the manager didn't severely underestimate the opposition?
  • His style, BECAUSE it is more reactive, will be open for more criticism. Particularly when he gets it wrong.
Explain what I have said here that is so wildly off the mark....

Ashybashy86

It will be interesting to see what people say about him if he doesn't win EL or get top 4.
I wonder if we could somehow get that manager from Ajax, he knows how to integrate young players, plays great football and have excellent results.
Nothing, simply because it’s his first season. That’s fair enough, but I don’t rate him or think he’s the man to take the team to the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom