• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fc honka

Thought he started okay, at least he didn't lose the ball all the time like Mkhi. But that's not even close to enough for a player on 350K a week.

He has really lost his flair I think, best for him to move on.

Have to agree. The spark in him is gone.
The last really good run of form was before he got his contract. After that we have seen some good matches but unfortunately a lot of matches like today, where he rather turned back to his own goal or passed sideways.

blaze_of_glory

Probably better if he goes, for everyone's sanity. I've stopped caring. Been great for us but nothing lasts forever (except Ozil11 as my icloud password).

We are going to struggle mightily to replace him and everyone else on their way out though, given the funds we apparently have to work with.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He one of many in this weak mentally squad that lose thier entire confidence when things don't fall for them. I saw him was hugely frustrated but he supposed to be one of the leaders of this team.

Nobody will buy Özil who is in decline sadly just like Alexis at manutd the clubs acted dumb when givr them contract

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

If we don’t make CL, he needs to go. I still think he’s a great player, but with this team around him he’ll do nothing and with his wages we can’t improve the team much so we’re stuck. Making the champions league is a must, otherwise we need to gut the club and start over.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
At least he was trying but if you play with these kind of **** players who are not delivering in away games you are finished as a club.
Sorry but trying isn't really good enough when you earn that kind of money. We could have two players with equal or better ability for that kind of money. Time is up for Özil. Those defending him now clearly do not want what is best for the club. He is the only AM in the league who is too scared to take a shot. Never takes the game by the scruff of the neck anymore. At best you get a good goal or a classy pass. That isn't good enough at this level.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
With the money Mesut earns we could buy all 3... We completely screwed ourselves by giving him that contract

And we'd have to buy a proper replacement. What do you reckon a quality #10 costs in terms of wages, transfer fee, agent costs etc compared to keeping Özil?

And that signing a quality replacement might lead to us not signing someone we really need in a different department.

Lose the weak links first. Then you can build.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Reminds me of Wenger. Despite deeper problems we’re going to scapegoat Özil and ask for him to be sold after every game, even when he doesn’t play bad and the rest of the team, including the manager stink the place out.

His contract was another in the catalogue of **** ups by Ivan, but he has escaped this club with little or no criticism.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He wasn't bad last night, but even if he was he is the least of our problems. We have a limited budget and we should sell Özil? Some guys on here :lol:

We need a CB, CM and winger. Mesut will stay.
Don't mind him to stay if he get back to form in form there no better attacking mid than Özil in this league

scytheavatar

Established Member
He wasn't bad last night, but even if he was he is the least of our problems. We have a limited budget and we should sell Özil? Some guys on here :lol:

We need a CB, CM and winger. Mesut will stay.

Think about it, ATM who is our most creative player? The guy who is the most likely to make things happen against defenses which are not breaking down? Is it Özil? Because IMHO it's Kolasanic who has been driving our attack and creating most of our goals. Ask yourself this question, how did we reach the stage where a left back is the only effective creative force in the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom