• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ex-Gunner Watch

Is it wrong to still love Giroud

• Yes he’s no longer a gooner

• No he will always be a top man

Results are only viewable after voting.

BobP

Memri Fan

I love the thought of seeing him on the touchline at the Emirates one day not too far away

He was being linked with the top job at Lyon recently.

He's done an exceptional job to keep Nice roundabout where they were last season after having lost the entire spine of the team over the summer.

Think he needs that one big season where he gets Nice into the top 4 before the big clubs come calling.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
a lot of people have chosen Fabianski as their goalie of the season, according to Twitter

letting both him and Woj go was not clever in hindsight

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Adebayor with some harsh truths about our teams in the Emirates era. A lot of talent, technical qualities and the like but just didn't have that edge or mentality to go one step further. Hopefully we're in the process of changing that.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Bollocks, wasn’t about mentality at all, came down to money, we never had the resources.

Easy to talk about mentality when your club can spend 200M every summer on top players.

I agree, but I would say the 07/08 title race came down to mentality. The way we reacted to the birmingham game(Well Gallas mostly) cost us the title that season. Team was too young to deal with that heartbreak and the supposed exeperienced leaders of the team had a meltdown.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I agree, but I would say the 07/08 title race came down to mentality. The way we reacted to the birmingham game(Well Gallas mostly) cost us the title that season. Team was too young to deal with that heartbreak and the supposed exeperienced leaders of the team had a meltdown.

Same thing in 09/10 the way we fell apart against ****ing Wigan of all teams. Or in 2011 when we ending up drawing 4-4 with Newcastle after being in the lead, the defeat to Birmingham. You can't tell me that mentality didn't play a part. Then you had someone like Arshavin who started off on fire but quickly became lazy. For me Van Persie, Sagna and Fabregas were the only players of that period who had both the quality and mentality to really be a champion. The rest either had talent but lacked something mentally or just simply weren't good enough. There was a fragility throughout those teams, everyone and their mothers could see it. I do think our lack of defensive game plan also didn't help and highlighted the limitations of some of our players. Like Koscielny in his first season took a while to get going because he was basically forced to defend on his own alongside the clown Djourou and was making loads of mistakes and couldn't really handle the responsibility. Szczesny was still young so lacked the experience. Clichy was one of the most mentally weak players around when the going got tough, was filled with mistakes. Song's attitude was poor, started out as a defensive midfielder but by 2011 he hadn't much interest in defending. Nasri had good spells and bad spells. Other guys like Denilson, Chamakh, Bendtner and the likes weren't at the level required and some of the others were just very young guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom