• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He does not fit our team right now and should be sold. But it is blasphemous to call him a bad player.

The guy gets most number of assists in a season with the ****ing Giroud leading the front line and people question his skills? But his skills are more useful in a team which already has a good defense and midfield. If you win the ball at the back and make sure the ball reaches him in the attacking half, you can trust him to make the right final pass

His drop in form for Arsenal coincided exactly when Santi got injured. When Cazorla-Coqueling partnership was shining, this guy was performing at the peak. Once our midfield became too weak, his output dropped. He does not have the physicality to run back and win the ball. But still you cannot question his commitment. He does track back a lot. He just does not have it in him to be put in the hard tackles. This is the limitation we knew he had when we bought him.

The only way to get the best out of him is to build a strong midfield. But Emery's philosophy seems to focus more on wings rather than attacking through the middle. I would still hold on to Özil if his salary is around 200K per week. Given that we don't have much budget and we pretty much have to rebuild the entire defense, wing and midfield he has to be sold to accommodate the new signings.

The reasons I feel he should be sold are because he is not a good fit for Emery's style and we have a poverty budget. But I will never question his skills as a player and his commitment. The time when he was in form, was the last beautiful football I watched from Arsenal and I feel lucky to have had him play for us.

say yes

forum master baiter
He’s the same as he’s always been just no one making excuses for him now. Also Emery doesn’t baby him like Arsène did.
I’m been a critic of Özil over the past couple of seasons but this simply isn’t true. He used to be a top player who could play away from home and regularly affect matches. He’s a shadow of that now.

Lacazette is basically Özil but a striker version; technically superb but with no physicality and a weak mentality.

Don’t agree with this either. Lacazette works hard defensively, turns up in big games and has what Deeney might call cajones. Can understand your criticism of his physicality (his biggest weakness is that he has no outstanding attribute there) but he’s a clutch player otherwise.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He does not fit our team right now and should be sold. But it is blasphemous to call him a bad player.

The guy gets most number of assists in a season with the ****ing Giroud leading the front line and people question his skills? But his skills are more useful in a team which already has a good defense and midfield. If you win the ball at the back and make sure the ball reaches him in the attacking half, you can trust him to make the right final pass

His drop in form for Arsenal coincided exactly when Santi got injured. When Cazorla-Coqueling partnership was shining, this guy was performing at the peak. Once our midfield became too weak, his output dropped. He does not have the physicality to run back and win the ball. But still you cannot question his commitment. He does track back a lot. He just does not have it in him to be put in the hard tackles. This is the limitation we knew he had when we bought him.

The only way to get the best out of him is to build a strong midfield. But Emery's philosophy seems to focus more on wings rather than attacking through the middle. I would still hold on to Özil if his salary is around 200K per week. Given that we don't have much budget and we pretty much have to rebuild the entire defense, wing and midfield he has to be sold to accommodate the new signings.

The reasons I feel he should be sold are because he is not a good fit for Emery's style and we have a poverty budget. But I will never question his skills as a player and his commitment. The time when he was in form, was the last beautiful football I watched from Arsenal and I feel lucky to have had him play for us.
Excellent post that sums up everything about Özil at Arsenal.
It's too bad that his partnership with Cazorla didn't last longer, and I agree that nobody can say that Özil is not quality, he just doesn't fit here anymore.

sammy89

Özil is a streetball player who got a deal. That type of player tends to develop a cult following cause people love seeing players who can casually pull off tricks and flicks, but these streetball players usually can't cut it in team sports. It's shocking he has got this far at the top, previous streetball favourites don't go for too long before getting dumped by top clubs(Robinho, Denilson, Ronaldinho etc). Get rid.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
God, Cazorla is the new Cesc. People bleat on about him and how we miss him blah blah blah

We don't need Cazorla

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Özil is a streetball player who got a deal. That type of player tends to develop a cult following cause people love seeing players who can casually pull off tricks and flicks, but these streetball players usually can't cut it in team sports. It's shocking he has got this far at the top, previous streetball favourites don't go for too long before getting dumped by top clubs(Robinho, Denilson, Ronaldinho etc). Get rid.
This might be the worst post I’ve read on here since the guy who wanted us to sign Jack Rodwell.

GOONER1991

Established Member

Wow. What a terrible take.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You know for those looking at City I think Mesut can adapt to a midfield three like Silva and De Bruyne did. He’s dropping deep nowadays anyway since nobody can get the ball effectively into the final third. His work-rate is good, he won’t win the ball back 10 times in a match but neither does David Silva. As long as be does his job in a three it could work.

I am worried about his contract if we stay a EL club, simply too expensive and you should get three players for his wages. If we get CL I’m not worried.

I know how much you guys love to put the blame on Özil but if I were you I would be much more worried by the lack of technical quality in our team. If it isn’t Mesut passing the ball, the passes are so slow, aimed at the wrong foot, or even completely missing the target. Our players are always standing still playing start/stop football, no supporting runs nothing. We have structural problems that run far deeper than Mesut right now.

alboots101

Established Member
I love the guy but if you can’t produce week in week out in the EPL you have to be moved on, or build a team around him and I can’t see that happening, what with his age and his relationship with Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom