• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Cesc will always be the one for me, he holds a special place.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
RVP and Alexis hit very high peaks at Arsenal, but I think Cesc definitely has to be the best player for the sheer consistency and level of performance for a number of seasons, not just one or two. RVP would likely have been top if he didn't get hurt all the time, and Alexis' final season soured his time at the club.

Cesc was good the moment he stepped in the team and was good when he left. He did not experience his decline until after leaving.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Not re-signing Cesc when we had the chance was the final nail in the coffin for this team, one of Wenger's biggest mistakes.
That was a direct result of the previous summer when we tried to bring Suarez in with that ridiculous offer and in the end had to settle with Özil. Once we had Özil in our team, Fabregas didnt have any space. Considering Cazorla was also there and in good form too.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The answer should be Cesc because of consistency over the years and the youth, but he'd go missing for half a season sometimes.

I voted RVP, he was injured most of the time he was here but his last 2 seasons he was the best striker in the world. Also he was much nicer to me when I saw him in public than Cesc was so I'm going for Robin.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1. RvP was otherworldly during his last two seasons. Only Henry surpasses RVP at his peak. Even his cvuntery cannot reduce his greatness.

2. Cesc is a legend at CAM. But his Arsenal legacy is not that great. Would have been #1 but RVP was fcuking amazing.

3. Koscielny. Easily among the top five defenders in Europe for most of his career. Gave us his best years. Props to @GDeep™ for bringing him up.

4. Özil, again legendary. Arsenal legacy is still in progress. After Bergkamp and Pires, one of the best forwards we had.

5. Alexis. Hard worker, fantastic numbers. Left Barcelona too early. Left Arsenal too early. Would have been my #2 if he had stayed longer.

6. Nasri, Cazorla, Arshavin, Gervinho, Sczezny, Sagna, Rosicky, Monreal

What-If: Diaby, Wilshere, Gnabry, Iwobi

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
1. RvP was otherworldly during his last two seasons. Only Henry surpasses RVP at his peak. Even his cvuntery cannot reduce his greatness.

2. Cesc is a legend at CAM. But his Arsenal legacy is not that great. Would have been #1 but RVP was fcuking amazing.

3. Koscielny. Easily among the top five defenders in Europe for most of his career. Gave us his best years. Props to @GDeep™ for bringing him up.

4. Özil, again legendary. Arsenal legacy is still in progress. After Bergkamp and Pires, one of the best forwards we had.

5. Alexis. Hard worker, fantastic numbers. Left Barcelona too early. Left Arsenal too early. Would have been my #2 if he had stayed longer.

What-If: Diaby, Wilshere, Gnabry, Iwobi

Koscielny should not be on any list, he has cost us too many trophies and big games with his mistakes. A solid Arsenal player but I'd rate Sagna and even Mertesacker above Koscielny when it comes to defenders.

Sagna should get a shout too.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

What-If: Diaby, Wilshere, Gnabry.
How dare you compare Özil to Bergkamp and Pires. I’m sick of people overrating him.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Koscielny should not be on any list, he has cost us too many trophies and big games with his mistakes. A solid Arsenal player but I'd rate Sagna and even Mertesacker above Koscielny when it comes to defenders.

Sagna should get a shout too.
That's the definition of a defender. Defensive errors are always remembered by everyone. Mertesacker? Two good seasons at Arsenal is not long enough

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Fabregas, cant believe there is a poll. People forget how good he was. Rvp second, but was always injured so not sure, His praktisk was good though

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

That's complete rubbish, RvP was injured most of his Arsenal career and had only 1-2 full seasons with us, it's hard to put him on any list.

Fabregas and Cazorla were the most exciting players to watch and they were core players in their time here, with Fabregas playing more he would take first place before Cazorla who had that injury.
Koscienly would be third, consistent for years, loyal and likeable guy.

Some of the players like RvP, Özil, Sanchez were good but never consistent enough, and they were too concerned with the money rather than football.

Don't know where to put Sagna who was a good defender for years.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That's complete rubbish, RvP was injured most of his Arsenal career and had only 1-2 full seasons with us, it's hard to put him on any list.

Fabregas and Cazorla were the most exciting players to watch and they were core players in their time here, with Fabregas playing more he would take first place before Cazorla who had that injury.
Koscienly would be third, consistent for years, loyal and likeable guy.

Some of the players like RvP, Özil, Sanchez were good but never consistent enough, and they were too concerned with the money rather than football.

Don't know where to put Sagna who was a good defender for years.
Van persie had many great half seasons.
Half season of Ronaldinho vs 10 seasons of walcott, who would you think is the better player?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Van persie had many great half seasons.
Half season of Ronaldinho vs 10 seasons of walcott, who would you think is the better player?
He did, but was also one of the reasons why we never won anything at the time. 2005-2009 midfield was unplayable, I don't think any midfield in the world could match them at the time and RvP was playing FIFA with Diaby instead of winning titles. Can't put him anywhere because he didn't make any impact on our results until his last year and was never core player because of that.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He did, but was also one of the reasons why we never won anything at the time. 2005-2009 midfield was unplayable, I don't think any midfield in the world could match them at the time and RvP was playing FIFA with Diaby instead of winning titles. Can't put him anywhere because he didn't make any impact on our results until his last year and was never core player because of that.
Ability-wise he is up there with other top players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom