• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ability-wise he is up there with other top players.
I don't doubt that, but his ability didn't helped when he didn't play. Best players make difference on the pitch and they make players around them better, which is why I think Fabregas and Cazorla were so important.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Tempted to put JVP put he only gave us 18 months.

Fabregas was amazing overall, even though I hated his role from early 2009 onwards when we changed to the one striker formation.

He still had good stats but he lacked the agility and nimbleness to really shine as a second striker, plus we lost our metronome when he was no longer at our midfield base.

Wryer

Cesc's career after leaving us clouded many people's view on him. He didn't really regress, but he just didn't truly fit in Barcelona and Chelsea. I bet on hindsight he has regretted how it turned out. He was phenomenal for us in his last 2-3years, in terms of output and being there at the most crucial of times. Him, Rosicky, Hleb and Flamini was probably the best midfieldover Arsenal's last 10 years. Passing up on wilhis return always remain a bad decision on hindsight, but it really didn't make sense at that point in time. So I've no complains.

He was overwhelmingly the best for us during the Emirates era. RVP is a distant second for me.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Ramsey, because he’s the one who ended our trophy drought with 2 FA cup winning goals.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's complete rubbish, RvP was injured most of his Arsenal career and had only 1-2 full seasons with us, it's hard to put him on any list.

Fabregas and Cazorla were the most exciting players to watch and they were core players in their time here, with Fabregas playing more he would take first place before Cazorla who had that injury.
Koscienly would be third, consistent for years, loyal and likeable guy.

Some of the players like RvP, Özil, Sanchez were good but never consistent enough, and they were too concerned with the money rather than football.

Don't know where to put Sagna who was a good defender for years.
what is rubbish?

He's currently 8th top scorer in our history. He'd be no. 4 if he played ten more games!

Tied with most goals in a season (30) with Henry

He's scored at 0.5 per game, not counting his assists That is elite Probably only behind Henry, Wright and Ted Drake.

Cazorla was more exciting? What is more exciting than 30 goals in 38 games?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
The big 5 is obviously rvp, cesc, Özil, Alexis and Santi but does Adebayor deserve a mention? As bad as the fallout over his move was he put up very good numbers for a couple of years and was unplayable at times.

More honourable mentions - Alex Song, Rosicky, Arteta, Walcott, Koscielny, Sagna, Ramsey.

I think Wilshere would be spoken about as top 5 if his career had gone to plan. Such a shame.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The big 5 is obviously rvp, cesc, Özil, Alexis and Santi but does Adebayor deserve a mention? As bad as the fallout over his move was he put up very good numbers for a couple of years and was unplayable at times.

More honourable mentions - Alex Song, Rosicky, Arteta, Walcott, Koscielny, Sagna, Ramsey.

I think Wilshere would be spoken about as top 5 if his career had gone to plan. Such a shame.
Hleb, Nasri, Cazorla, Van persie, Arshavin, Sanchez, Fabregas

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Hleb and Arshavin belong to my honourable mention list to be fair. Both great little players but one left only two years into the Emirates era while the other fizzled out after a good couple of seasons.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sagna is easily forgotten btw. Would rate him higher than Kos and have him as our best defender since the Invincible era.

Totally consistent for many years, performed in big matches too. Obviously lacked the dynamism of the modern fullback but he was a top defender.

Unlike Kos, didn’t have big game blunders.

Check

RvP for me. It's a shame he was injured quite a lot but at his peak he was the best player we had since we moved to the Emirates. Cesc coming in second and Sanchez coming in 3rd.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Cesc was my favourite player in the emirates era and definitely the best overall imo.. RVP had the highest peak though so I voted him.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

The one "other" voter is @Erlis.

Wonder who he means :lol:

Robin Van Persie and Fabregas didn't watch play for Arsenal and I watched Santi for a very short time before the injury. So, I don't know how good or bad they were for Arsenal.

However, Robin Van Persie and Mesut Özil are two players who are very famous even among the people who are not regular watchers of football or foreign leagues. People simply know their names. Their fame goes beyond arsenal, imo they are world class players. Fabregas does not have their fame. I watched him play for Chelsea and I was never that impressed with him, honestly.

Alexis had a good first season I watched him play, but he wasn't as good before he left for MU. It seems he is not doing that well in that club. Özil can do more.

P.S. I think deep down you are a fan of that "other" too.

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Cesc, and the second isn't even close.

He was the central piece of Wenger's brand of football for years. He was making our team playing one of the most (if not the most) attractive football single handedly even when his supporting cast was full of donkeys.

Thanks to Cesc we've seen some sexy football even when we were playing with a team full of Denilson as a CM, Bendtner as a ST, Eboué as the RW

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Went with Cesc. If Van Persie wasn't such an injury crock I would have picked him. Of the five players listed three of them left us in the most ****ish of ways :lol:

Dj_sds -

Cesc hands down. The football we played when he captained the side was truly mesmerizing. His through balls were second to none. He made all the attacking players around him look much better. Should never have left. Ruined his own legacy.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Robin Van Persie and Fabregas didn't watch play for Arsenal and I watched Santi for a very short time before the injury. So, I don't know how good or bad they were for Arsenal.

However, Robin Van Persie and Mesut Özil are two players who are very famous even among the people who are not regular watchers of football or foreign leagues. People simply know their names. Their fame goes beyond arsenal, imo they are world class players. Fabregas does not have their fame. I watched him play for Chelsea and I was never that impressed with him, honestly.

Alexis had a good first season I watched him play, but he wasn't as good before he left for MU. It seems he is not doing that well in that club. Özil can do more.

P.S. I think deep down you are a fan of that "other" too.

I thought your tagline was a joke done by the mods but it's actually true, you've only been following the club since Xhaka joined :lol:

Reactions: A_G
Top Bottom