• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Eric Bailly

We have an established Sokratis, an improving Holding and a promising Mavropanos. Mustafi has done well this season and Koscielny may still have a season and a half in him. Good young players coming up in the youth teams.

Why on earth would we waste money on a proven failure? Manu have only ever sold us cheap rubbish. In this case they would seek to make lots of money from a player who they are dying to get rid of just because they're selling to us.

Let them live with their mistakes as we live with ours. No thanks. PASS.
Good point on Mavro and Holding coming good. I however could be better than the two judging from his earlier United form. Would absolutely acquire if if their is a chance that he manages to replicate his previous form!

Last edited:

Plutarch

This rumour has sprung back into life. Not completely ridiculous, I suppose. Emery did say we might buy a centre back, and Mourinho obviously doesn't like Bailly. I'd say he's a good defender but his recent injuries would worry me.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not really too sure on this guy, injury prone and comes across as a bit of a clown. Almost as rash as Mustafi at times. I do feel that Sokratis and Bailly would be a nice balance for a pairing.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not really too sure on this guy, injury prone and comes across as a bit of a clown. Almost as rash as Mustafi at times. I do feel that Sokratis and Bailly would be a nice balance for a pairing.
No wonder Maureen plays with three CBs with him

GOONER1991

Established Member
This is a rumour that won't go away. Historically, I've liked Eric Bailly, and think there is truly a terrific player in there, if a manager can work through his confidence and injury issues.

Saying that, I don't think that he is the type of CB we require. Sokratis plays the aggressive CB role - normally to a good level. What we require is our Koscielny replacement. It's easy to point at Van Dijk, but that's what we need - a dominant, composed defender who can lead from the back. Bailly isn't that player for me. If we were to shift Mustafi and bring in Bailly, that would be good to rotate/replace Sokratis, however I still think we would require someone for the LCB role.

A Sokratis/Bailly partnership would not work.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
This is a rumour that won't go away. Historically, I've liked Eric Bailly, and think there is truly a terrific player in there, if a manager can work through his confidence and injury issues.

Saying that, I don't think that he is the type of CB we require. Sokratis plays the aggressive CB role - normally to a good level. What we require is our Koscielny replacement. It's easy to point at Van Dijk, but that's what we need - a dominant, composed defender who can lead from the back. Bailly isn't that player for me. If we were to shift Mustafi and bring in Bailly, that would be good to rotate/replace Sokratis, however I still think we would require someone for the LCB role.

A Sokratis/Bailly partnership would not work.
Interesting things about Koscienly, I always remember him being aggressive and winning the ball early, with Per dropping behind. With 33 and injuries he did change his game.
I think we could use fresh aggressive defender and Sokratis would be the guy who drops back, later we could replace Sokratis with Holding who seems to read the game well.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Interesting things about Koscienly, I always remember him being aggressive and winning the ball early, with Per dropping behind. With 33 and injuries he did change his game.
I think we could use fresh aggressive defender and Sokratis would be the guy who drops back, later we could replace Sokratis with Holding who seems to read the game well.

Sokratis might pick up a few fewer yellow cards if that were the case. He's been very good, for the most part, but two suspensions based on yellow cards have hurt.

Gunner-Union

Kurt zouma is another like Bailley where I think there’s a really
Good defender in there that just needs unlocked

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Better then Mustafi, there’s a top player in there he has just lost his way.
Used to love him before he went to Utd. His injuries and Mourinho messed him up.

Utd is the cauldron of dead talent. Pogba, Bailly, Alexis, Martial.

Baah! If we had those guys we'd have been punching for the title.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom