• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

JuanCarlosValeron

Favourite players: Sagna and Hleb
Best player: Cesc
Best signing: Sagna
Best individual performances: Diaby v. Pool away (12-13), Cazorla at City (14-15)
Favourite matches: Sp**s away (07-08), Villa away (07-08), Stoke away (09-10).
Worst matches: CL final, Birmingham and Mike Dean away (07-08), Phil Dowd at St James (10-11)

Wryer

Sagna is easily forgotten btw. Would rate him higher than Kos and have him as our best defender since the Invincible era.

Totally consistent for many years, performed in big matches too. Obviously lacked the dynamism of the modern fullback but he was a top defender.

Unlike Kos, didn’t have big game blunders.

Good call.
I personally think Sagna wouldnt look out of place amongst the invincibles. He had the consistency, professionalism and tenacity. French.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Good call.
I personally think Sagna wouldnt look out of place amongst the invincibles. He had the consistency, professionalism and tenacity. French.
Defensively very solid, very consistent player, not many mistakes, good stamina, strength and pace, provide lots of overlapping runs in attack, timing of the runs were good too.
But his dribbling was not great, combination play could be improved, and his crossing were so poor.
I like him a lot and think he was a very good player. But the invincibles full backs were better in attacking.

Let's play Aubamawang

In terms of changing the way we play and being a leader, definitely Cesc.

But having been an Alexis fan since before his star turn in South Africa, it's no surprise I voted for him. Love him or loathe him, there's no denying that he tried harder than anyone. Press, press, press. Scored many spectacular goals as well. And he actually made us look good away from home! We might have won more whilst he was here if more players showed the same level of fight in them...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Interesting that it’s all attacking players. If we’d put even half as much focus on defenders we’d be talking about the invincibles as the beginning of a dominant era, not the end.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Interesting that it’s all attacking players. If we’d put even half as much focus on defenders we’d be talking about the invincibles as the beginning of a dominant era, not the end.

Ok, who makes a best back four and goalkeeper of the Emirates era?

Goalkeeper is tough one but you probably lean towards Cech just because his star factor.

Sagna at right back although Bellerin definitely deserves a shout.

The middle for me is old partnership of mert and Kos.

Left back a toss up between Clichy and Monreal but I probably go with the Nacho man

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Ok, who makes a best back four and goalkeeper of the Emirates era?

Goalkeeper is tough one but you probably lean towards Cech just because his star factor.

Sagna at right back although Bellerin definitely deserves a shout.

The middle for me is old partnership of mert and Kos.

Left back a toss up between Clichy and Monreal but I probably go with the Nacho man
Goalkeeper is between Szczesny and Cech.
Szczesny had some inconsistent moment but he also made some very crazy saves.
Cech had already past his peak when he joins, but still quite solid for us.

I agree with the rest but kolo worth a mention too.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
More honourable mentions - Alex Song

ShyYellowDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: A_G

OSBK

Established Member
Could Drogba score like this? Another big difference.

NearCourageousFowl-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_oraoy6WxDR1vvwgg7o3_r1_500.gif

As you requested:

giphy.gif

Just for fun. Long live Don!!!

Drogba scored some unreal goals, his volley vs liverpool in 2011 was insane. Giroud scored the odd nice goal but all i really remember from giroud was him getting bullied by ryan shawcross level players every week. If giroud had the character and passion of drogba then we wouldve won a crapload more than we did, instead giroud was too busy celebrating draws at bournemouth.

avalonhse

Drogba scored some unreal goals, his volley vs liverpool in 2011 was insane. Giroud scored the odd nice goal but all i really remember from giroud was him getting bullied by ryan shawcross level players every week. If giroud had the character and passion of drogba then we wouldve won a crapload more than we did, instead giroud was too busy celebrating draws at bournemouth.

You should have a better humor. :rofl:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Robin Van Persie. Technically brilliant with a cannon of a left foot. Too bad he was made of glass and turd.

The Canon of RVP has been rewritten now
(and it soon will be about alexis to)

For all intents and purposes HE WAS RIGHT!

Top Bottom