• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But you have a Lacazette avatar? Are you one of those guys that fancies him cos of his 'sauce'?

No I think Lacazette is good but he's not been here long enough or been through enough at Arsenal to have an emotional connection

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
There used to be a time where we didn't win **** but I could always take pride in our way of football. When even Johan Cruijff himself said we played football the right way. When I'd laugh at Chelsea and United parking the bus.

What have we become. We've lost our identity and we need a massive revamp to get it back. And since this is no FM it will take years..

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
There used to be a time where we didn't win **** but I could always take pride in our way of football. When even Johan Cruijff himself said we played football the right way. When I'd laugh at Chelsea and United parking the bus.

What have we become. We've lost our identity and we need a massive revamp to get it back. And since this is no FM it will take years..

Fvck pride, fvck identity, fvck beautiful football

Fvck that approach it is precisly that approach that has reduced us to this pathetic team struggling to get 5th place

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Fvck pride, fvck identity, fvck beautiful football

Fvck that approach it is precisly that approach that has reduced us to this pathetic team struggling to get 5th place

Do you see us playing good football while we struggle to get fifth?

There are a few teams that play quality football, Liverpool, City, Barcelona.. oh well that's odd, those teams are playing for prizes as well! How can that be?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Do you see us playing good football while we struggle to get fifth?

There are a few teams that play quality football, Liverpool, City, Barcelona.. oh well that's odd, those teams are playing for prizes as well! How can that be?

More money=higher level of athletes

Barca doesn count because they play in a sunday league during regular weeks

But they to have players that can and does run more and faster

Mkitharyan, Iwobi, mustafi, amn wouldnt even make the bench in those teams

Maybe not even our supposed top players would

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
More money=higher level of athletes

Barca doesn count because they play in a sunday league during regular weeks

But they to have players that can and does run more and faster

Mkitharyan, Iwobi, mustafi, amn wouldnt even make the bench in those teams

Maybe not even our supposed top players would

Those players would have been binned years ago at those clubs.

nick gould

Troops and DT have been saying it for a while we have been papering over the cracks for far too long now. We don't have truly world class players.

Auba makes good runs and is quick. He scores goals because of that but his hold up play is very weak.

Lacazette is quite strong for a small player and is capable of top class hold up play and dribbles. But his movement is really poor. He is not easy to find.

Xhaka, good passing range. Good stamina, powerful short but very weak when pressed. Can't dribble even is his life depended on it.

Kos used to be world class, same with Nacho in my opinion but their playing days are behind them now.

That leaves Leno. So far he is great. I need to watch him for another full season to decide if he is world class. I am not going to waste my time with the rest. Maybe Bellerin but the boy can't defend, he can't make the right decisions in attack.

Last edited:

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I don't think it matters if we have a massive clear out and not replace everyone, not going to be much more damaging than keeping what we have. Rather see us miss out on top 4 because the team lack experience instead of lacking brains and determination.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The club are going to need to be clever in the transfer market. We won't have hundreds of millions so some people will need to be sold and young promising types signed. People like Ander Herrera are absolutely not the signings we need to be making. Someone like Brandt for £22m is the sort of obvious signing we need to be making (that depends on competition for him though).

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The club are going to need to be clever in the transfer market. We won't have hundreds of millions so some people will need to be sold and young promising types signed. People like Ander Herrera are absolutely not the signings we need to be making. Someone like Brandt for £22m is the sort of obvious signing we need to be making (that depends on competition for him though).
Worried about the links to Andre Gomes. Another slow, flaky ass bin man

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I can see us promoting saka and bringing back nelson and esr to the first team, maybe willock aswel.

say yes

forum master baiter
Incredibly depressing squad we’ve amassed. Lacking in quality everywhere. I mean look at this ffs:

Goalkeepers:
Leno
Cech (retiring)
Martinez

Defenders:
Koscielny
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Mavropanos
Monreal
Kolasinac
Bellerin
Jenkinson
Lichtsteiner

Midfielders:
Ramsey (Juventus)
Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Elneny
Maitland-Niles
Özil
Iwobi
Mkhitaryan

Attackers:
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Welbeck (contact expiring)
Nketiah

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Incredibly depressing squad we’ve amassed. Lacking in quality everywhere. I mean look at this ffs:

Goalkeepers:
Leno
Cech (retiring)
Martinez

Defenders:
Koscielny
Sokratis
Mustafi
Holding
Chambers
Mavropanos
Monreal
Kolasinac
Bellerin
Jenkinson
Lichtsteiner

Midfielders:
Ramsey (Juventus)
Xhaka
Torreira
Guendouzi
Elneny
Maitland-Niles
Özil
Iwobi
Mkhitaryan

Attackers:
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Welbeck (contact expiring)
Nketiah
I'd keep -

Leno

Koscielny(backup)
Sokratis
Holding
Mavropanos(backup)
Bellerin
Monreal(backup)

Xhaka(backup)
Torreira
Guendouzi(backup)

Auba
Laca
Nketiah

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'd keep 9 and actively try and get rid of the rest. Could maybe get 100m from selling. God I wish someone had the balls to do it even if it made things worse for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom