• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

MkhiMagic

Lots of potential but horrible decision making at times. First yellow was never yellow, but afterwards be smart, keep it simple. He made a moronic mistake being on a yellow. Don't care how old you are, that's just poverty.
Wasn’t commenting on this game, harsh to send him off. What potential do you see in him? I can’t think of one thing he does well. Just another poor English footballer who’s only in the league because he’s a decent athlete. Zero ability on the ball. His first touch and overall technical ability is awful.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Wasn’t commenting on this game, harsh to send him off. What potential do you see in him? I can’t think of one thing he does well. Just another poor English footballer who’s only in the league because he’s a decent athlete. Zero ability on the ball. His first touch and overall technical ability is awful.
To me he had shown exactly those qualities during his run in as makeshift RB.

He's fast, tracks back, seems to have good awareness for interceptions, he handles pressure well, can combine up the pitch and offers an outlet going forward. His technical ability to me always seemed sound.

It's been mentality and concentration with this guy for me, but maybe I missed something. Is he a dead on starter for us at RB? Shouldn't be. But I rate his ability.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He didn't need to make the tackle on Maddison. He shouldn't have been on a yellow anyway but still a silly decision there.

Wasn't that good up to that point. He needs to not be so sloppy. Unbecoming for a player of his talent, it's very frustrating.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
There was always risk to tackle like that so he did cost us today game because it was 0-0 and we were starting to grow into the game

Sane__

Nonsense.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He didn't need to make the tackle on Maddison. He shouldn't have been on a yellow anyway but still a silly decision there.

Wasn't that good up to that point. He needs to not be so sloppy. Unbecoming for a player of his talent, it's very frustrating.

I always trust your views on our youth, but honestly I'm beginning to think he is not that talented. He doesn't get a look in at CM either and has so many frustrating games.

I know it's not his best position but some of his touches and passes are sloppy at best.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We shall see. I’m 100% convinced he’ll never be a good or even decent footballer. The fact that some people here rate him boggles the mind.
Have to agree. The ONLY game I thought he was any good was vs United. Otherwise I have not witnessed a single moment in any of the matches that he has played which leads me to believe he will ever be anything more than a mid-table player

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Offer him + £25 million for Wan-Bissaka.

We get a fantastic RB who could potentially play at CB as well & rid ourselves of another burden.

Maddison milked the challenge for all its worth but he shouldn't have lunged in anyway. Dreadful decision making.

He's a good athlete but his casual laid back attitude at the business end of the season has me concerned about his mental fitness to build a career here.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
one of the 3 man midfield, or even as a winger.
fully behind this guy
not a fullback, yet gets assessed after constantly playing there

darkgunner

We shall see. I’m 100% convinced he’ll never be a good or even decent footballer. The fact that some people here rate him boggles the mind.

Been way better than Mkhitaryan this season mate. The boy suffered a broken leg, came back and started regulating things in that RB position, a position he has never played before. Sent Lichtsteiner into retirement and Jenkinson into exile.

He spent the last few games mostly bailing us out of goal situations caused by the laziness and ineptitude of the aforementioned Mkhitaryan in doing his defensive duties.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Note that he 'nonsensed' your statement without so much as even offering one example of why it is nonsense...

. Sent Lichtsteiner into retirement and Jenkinson into exile.
Wow, big bloody whoop. My dead granny could have played better this season than either of those fools.

I'm still happy to see what this lad can bring to the table but I am yet to really witness anything special. Expected him to really solidify his place after United game but he has been average.

Wryer

He was at the receiving end of a con job and the best he could do was to chat sweet nothings with the cheater. He almost looked apologetic that Maddison will be found out.

Where's the fire in the belly?

darkgunner

Note that he 'nonsensed' your statement without so much as even offering one example of why it is nonsense...

Wow, big bloody whoop. My dead granny could have played better this season than either of those fools.

I'm still happy to see what this lad can bring to the table but I am yet to really witness anything special. Expected him to really solidify his place after United game but he has been average.

Is it not special that someone can play in a position that they've never played before in their entire career, and simply just be "average"?

A lot of the time, he not only looks like the most competent of our defence in terms of defending, but is the only one who doesn't consistently give off that calamitous vibe which attackers can smell from a mile away.

In our current defence, he is the last player I would be looking to get rid of at the moment. How some people can say he has zero technical ability, athletic ability or talent, whilst actually having the worst player in the team in their username and as their profile pic is beyond me.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In our current defence, he is the last player I would be looking to get rid of at the moment. How some people can say he has zero technical ability, athletic ability or talent, whilst actually having the worst player in the team in their username and as their profile pic is beyond me.
I haven't called for his head though. And I don't feel he is a major concern. But using the example of replacing Lichsteiner and Jenkinson is laughable... They've both been poverty.
And no I don't think that simply being average in a different position is cause for celebration. Arsène Wenger was a big advocate for playing youngsters out of position and even stated once that "If he is good enough he should be able to play there"
I too want to see him in the midfield, supposedly his preferred position, but I also haven't seen anything yet which screams 'world class potential' like so many on here seem to feel is there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
D5aXnboWsAEiOV8.jpg:large

Top Bottom