• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is this taking so long?

Are we really going into the summer with Baily, Praet, Fraiser and Nkunku as our main targets?

I agree what I read in Unai thread from Rex and Celestis. We need multi year project, and we need DOF or technical director to be over it, making sure the right talents will be scouted and signed. And above all else, keep Emery away from players signings.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Are we really going into the summer with Baily, Praet, Fraiser and Nkunku as our main targets?

I agree what I read in Unai thread from Rex and Celestis. We need multi year project, and we need DOF or technical director to be over it, making sure the right talents will be scouted and signed. And above all else, keep Emery away from players signings.
Why this taking long because club got zero ambition they targeted Monchi but have no plan B it seems as usual

teamsoutheast

Why this taking long because club got zero ambition they targeted Monchi but have no plan B it seems as usual

Massive assumptions being made here. You speak as if you are in the board room meetings on a daily basis. Truth is , we don't know what has/hasn't been agreed so best to wait and see.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Massive assumptions being made here. You speak as if you are in the board room meetings on a daily basis. Truth is , we don't know what has/hasn't been agreed so best to wait and see.
I know but I feel the club thought they got Monchi to be fair the deal was done before he changing his mind. I just hope we appoint new dof before 1st of june

teamsoutheast

I know but I feel the club thought they got Monchi to be fair the deal was done before he changing his mind. I just hope we appoint new dof before 1st of june

My gut feeling is that a decision/agreement has already been made but there has been no official announcement yet.

scytheavatar

Established Member

The process of recruiting players is a long one, you are overestimating the power of a DOF if you expect one to come in and say "don't sign Praet/Fraiser/Nkunku, sign Pepe instead!" It's better to take our time to find the right guy for the role than to rush for some buffoon who'll make things worse for the club.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The process of recruiting players is a long one, you are overestimating the power of a DOF if you expect one to come in and say "don't sign Praet/Fraiser/Nkunku, sign Pepe instead!" It's better to take our time to find the right guy for the role than to rush for some buffoon who'll make things worse for the club.
but...but..in FM i can immediately sell all the players in a single window :D

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Absolutely agree but we're quickly approaching squadbuilding time for next season. Someone should come in during May so they're settled and prepared once the window opens.

We have taken enough time mate. Its time to hire some. We are heading into our most important transfer window ever and we cant be having Emery being over the transfers.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If it is Edu who has decided to take the job then he probably won’t come until after the Copa America.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
If it is Edu who has decided to take the job then he probably won’t come until after the Copa America.
That finishes on July 7th. That gives him five weeks to do everything if the window shuts when the season starts. No time for pre season integration either. I hope he's working behind the scenes now.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Didn't the club come out and say that summer transfer planning was at an advanced stage a little while back, most likely with Sven targets.

I am pretty sure a DoF was employed today they would have very little say on what happens this summer but would be working towards next summer. So there is no rush, take time and get the right man in.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
At last we get one good news about the club. Suspect it could be one of only few good ones this summer, but better than nothing.

I'm actually excited by this, we get someone with a connection to the club and an understanding of the expectations of where it should be. Not like this current Spanish caravan lot that took over after we fired so many of our long term employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom