• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

A serious club would get rid of both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan and sign two top wingers. What a pity.

In todays game it's evident our 4 wide players (the two wingers and "full-backs") are nowhere near good enough. Yet we're in a position where we're stuck with them for a game like today.

That's 4 players for 4 positions, we'll probably get 1 full-backs and 1 wide-man and people on here will be like "I think we've had a good window overall".

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
A serious club would get rid of both Iwobi and Mkhitaryan and sign two top wingers. What a pity.

In todays game it's evident our 4 wide players (the two wingers and "full-backs") are nowhere near good enough. Yet we're in a position where we're stuck with them for a game like today.

That's 4 players for 4 positions, we'll probably get 1 full-backs and 1 wide-man and people on here will be like "I think we've had a good window overall".
I honestly couldn't believe we didn't sign another centre back or attacker last summer. The squad looked really lightweight, especially in defence, relying on Mustafi, Holding and Sokratis basically. The unbeaten run kinda took my mind off it but that December bad run really exposed our squad. And now it looks like everyone's running on empty again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We missed holding and bellerin more than Welbeck holding and bellerin were on form and our best defenders this season losing them for long term is big blow and we never recovered after that

zhaggy

Today was the first time ever i actively chose not to watch the game.
I'm not even mad any longer, just some sort of acceptance and emptyness, sort of when you Come to terms with a failed relationship.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Our RB need a back our LB need player better than kola. Our defense center back position need a quality player the midfield need a very good signing to replace ramsey and of course the most important thing is to get 2 very good wide players. These 6 positions need serious improvement i doubt with 50m we can do it

Gunner-Union

Our RB need a back our LB need player better than kola. Our defense center back position need a quality player the midfield need a very good signing to replace ramsey and of course the most important thing is to get 2 very good wide players. These 6 positions need serious improvement i doubt with 50m we can do it

And those 6 positions is just the bare min tbh lol.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

You can get Brandt and Fraser for £50m, possibly less. That would cover wide areas and Brandt can play midfield as well. Then we need to sell Elneny, Mustafi, Chambers and Mkhitaryan and reinvest in the defense. If you can sell someone like Iwobi for an inflated fee and sign another wide player then we should be looking to do that as well.

Gunner-Union

You can get Brandt and Fraser for £50m, possibly less. That would cover wide areas and Brandt can play midfield as well. Then we need to sell Elneny, Mustafi, Chambers and Mkhitaryan and reinvest in the defense. If you can sell someone like Iwobi for an inflated fee and sign another wide player then we should be looking to do that as well.

Then maybe add laschelles and dacoure
But unlikely

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
And those 6 positions is just the bare min tbh lol.
Yes this is the minimum thing we can do but the important thing in summer is to get tow wise players and ramsey replacement we can't go next season with mkhi and Iwobi start every game

Gunner-Union

Yes this is the minimum thing we can do but the important thing in summer is to get tow wise players and ramsey replacement we can't go next season with mkhi and Iwobi start every game

I agree and I don’t think many people know what a difference good pacy wide players can make and how it will help the cf

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It sucks even worse that it was a nothing player like Rashford who basically injured Holding.

He was really growing as a player. Hope his injury doesn’t set him back too much.

Wryer

The lack of courage, awareness, execution and imagination in our full backs and wide forwards is a-b-s-o-l-u-te-l-y shocking.

In this day and age when these positions are vital, and with most top teams putting a lot of focus in, we seemed to have regressed.

Watching Iwobi try two consecutive low-reward, high-risk pass during a transition phase (ie, high counterattack risk) was mind boggling. And he still have time to whine when he failed to make the passes.

This is a single point of failure on the pitch which creates trouble at both ends of the pitch.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He might have to do a Moussa Dembele and move away from the final 3rd to maximise his potential
Love to be plagiarised by the Telegraph:
Untitled.jpg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Love to be plagiarised by the Telegraph:
Untitled.jpg
This is pretty on point in terms of analysis. I think even some of the ones we keep are expendable but have to be kept for now. Only thing I disagree on is keeping Welbeck - I'll always have time for Welbeck but I wouldn't give him a new deal. Also think Nketiah is closer to first team football than a lot of people suggest, but I also think a loan is a good idea for him as he needs to play much more often, so that part I agree with.

Reactions: A_G

boyinneedofhumor

Today was the first time ever i actively chose not to watch the game.
I'm not even mad any longer, just some sort of acceptance and emptyness, sort of when you Come to terms with a failed relationship.
What could go worse than that (believe me), is when your missy chooses to stick to the channel when you decided not to, and update you of the score each time a goal went in.

And she doesn't even follow football, save when you watch...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is pretty on point in terms of analysis. I think even some of the ones we keep are expendable but have to be kept for now. Only thing I disagree on is keeping Welbeck - I'll always have time for Welbeck but I wouldn't give him a new deal. Also think Nketiah is closer to first team football than a lot of people suggest, but I also think a loan is a good idea for him as he needs to play much more often, so that part I agree with.

We played a lot better in the start of the year when Welbeck was in the side. He’s such a useful player to have.

Personally I think there’s scope to give Nketiah more game time and extend Danny.

Welbeck is good in wide areas and if we were to hopefully move on both Mkhi and Iwobi he’d be a decent option to have alongside ESR and Nelson.

Reactions: Jae

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We played a lot better in the start of the year when Welbeck was in the side. He’s such a useful player to have.

Personally I think there’s scope to give Nketiah more game time and extend Danny.

Welbeck is good in wide areas and if we were to hopefully move on both Mkhi and Iwobi he’d be a decent option to have alongside ESR and Nelson.
This is a good point, I think his type of game suits Emery's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom