• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
How was Arsenal supposed to know on Jan. 30 that Suarez would suffer a groin injury a few weeks later? o_O

My underlying point was that we never should have bought him, to begin with, given the other holes in the squad

It isn't like he was playing much before he got injured anyway. Besides, I suspected the entire exercise was a way to get Suarez acclimatised before a move in the Summer but that plan went sideways quickly.

I will never understand why he got so few minutes, it's not like we had prime Pires and Ljungberg ahead of him. He didn't come from Ligue 1 or the Dutch league. He isn't some 18 year old kid now playing top-level football for the first time He's also a player Emery knows well.

There is something Park Chu Yung level strange about this entire transfer.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not sure why there's so much hate toward Denis Suarez here. The guy injured his groin against BATE in February and it hasn't been right since. He should get some credit for trying to carry on, but you can't expect someone carrying such an injury to make a big splash. We'll never know how well Denis might have performed had he been healthy and that's a shame. But it's one of those things. It's not like he injured himself on purpose. Show some compassion people.
I don't feel hatred for the guy but this move didn't even feel right when he wasn't injured. he barely played, he showed very little and he wasn't the player we needed anyway. Doesn't seem to have done much to win over the fans (who were initially supportive of him) or his team-mates.

He obviously didn't want to get injured but he doesn't seem to have wanted to be here, so the feeling's mutual.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
You are on a forum where people think Elneny is a good signing because he was cheap. Given that D. Suarez came for free on loan this is probably classed as world class signing.
Elneny has played 50 odd games. Better or worse one knows why he was signed and yeah he looked like a decent bench option. But we did not really have a need for another small tidy midfielder and he hasn't been played even when he was fit. So no, I don't think Elneny was a worse signing than him no way.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
How, we didn't really sign him and he didn't really play? I'd say it was up there with the weirdest. Xhaka was/is a worse signing. and Mustafi?... **** me with a flaming Dothraki sword.
Of course we signed him on loan. he's been on our books since January and he has been paid every week.

Same as for Elneny, the fact you don't like an individual player does not make him one of the worst signings when the manager(s) have played him. Mustafi has few supporters here now - but it wasn't always the case - and there are people here who still think Xhaka is a good player. If you can send me video highlights of Suarez's best Arsenal performance it would make for interesting viewing.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
In the last 20 or so years? No, I wouldn't say plenty. You have to factor in what a player costs when you evaluate a transfer's worth.
The loan fee is negligible, it's not like he took funds away from signing someone else since permanent signings weren't possible in January. I'd say Lucas Perez, Mustafi, Elneny, Asano, Gervinho, Squillaci, Silvestre, Amaury Bischoff, Stepanovs, Jeffers and Park Chu-Young off the top of my head.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Of course we signed him on loan. he's been on our books since January and he has been paid every week.

Same as for Elneny, the fact you don't like an individual player does not make him one of the worst signings when the manager(s) have played him. Mustafi has few supporters here now - but it wasn't always the case - and there are people here who still think Xhaka is a good player. If you can send me video highlights of Suarez's best Arsenal performance it would make for interesting viewing.
We were paying his wages with a view to buying him. I wouldn't call that a signing, even if it's 'signed on loan'. We've really signed far worse players that have proven to be far worse by contributing regularly to our sh!t seasons. For me, they're worse signings, because they'll either run their huge contracts down or we'll lose money on them should we ever be lucky enough to shift them. All the while, they're ****ing useless where it matters. So it's a lose, lose , lose.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The loan fee is negligible, it's not like he took funds away from signing someone else since permanent signings weren't possible in January. I'd say Lucas Perez, Mustafi, Elneny, Asano, Gervinho, Squillaci, Silvestre, Amaury Bischoff, Stepanovs, Jeffers and Park Chu-Young off the top of my head.

Gallas worse than all of those.

Oh and Cygan.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Lucas Perez, Mustafi & Francis Jeffers were worse off the top of my head.

Maybe Gallas as well.
Using the criteria of games played, transfer fee, wages, contribution only Jeffers is a possible candidate out of those three with Lucas Perez (also often lionised here) a possible.

Gallas captained the team and actually had some very good games for us.

Suarez cost, by the way works out at about £9,000 per minute played.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom