• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Denis Suarez: Returning to Barcelona after injury

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Gallas worse than all of those.
Can't agree with that. Before his meltdown at St. Andrews, he was captain of a team that was ahead of an excellent United team for months. He formed a great partnership with Kolo (and Senderos for a few games) before that Birmingham game. I also remember people praising his captaincy before then as well. Gallas was a much better player than the ones I listed too.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The loan fee is negligible, it's not like he took funds away from signing someone else since permanent signings weren't possible in January. I'd say Lucas Perez, Mustafi, Elneny, Asano, Gervinho, Squillaci, Silvestre, Amaury Bischoff, Stepanovs, Jeffers and Park Chu-Young off the top of my head.
£9,000 a minute. We could have loaned someone else more useful to the cause.

Bischoff, Stepanovs and Park candidates. Perez and Squillaci possibles.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Don't disagree with that at all. They had a chance to get a pure winger like Carrassco at the start of January but wasted all their time haggling over the Suarez fee, by the time they went back to the former it was too late.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't agree with that. Before his meltdown at St. Andrews, he was captain of a team that was ahead of an excellent United team for months. He formed a great partnership with Kolo (and Senderos for a few games) before that Birmingham game. I also remember people praising his captaincy before then as well. Gallas was a much better player than the ones I listed too.

Severely damaged fan relations in the community and was a dressing room cancer that had previous at Chelsea when they were utterly dominant.

Wenger should’ve steered clear after he threatened to score an own goal if he didn’t get played at CB.

@Mo Britain

Wages per minute is too simplistic a metric. We paid Perez a wage for two years on top of the transfer fee during which time he contributed hardly anything.

Suarez will be off the books for good in the summer after only a few months.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Severely damaged fan relations in the community and was a dressing room cancer that had previous at Chelsea when they were utterly dominant.

Wenger should’ve steered clear after he threatened to score an own goal if he didn’t get played at CB.
Surprised you'd believe those scumbags at Chelsea. He explained what happened when left:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
My underlying point was that we never should have bought him, to begin with, given the other holes in the squad

It isn't like he was playing much before he got injured anyway. Besides, I suspected the entire exercise was a way to get Suarez acclimatised before a move in the Summer but that plan went sideways quickly.

I will never understand why he got so few minutes, it's not like we had prime Pires and Ljungberg ahead of him. He didn't come from Ligue 1 or the Dutch league. He isn't some 18 year old kid now playing top-level football for the first time He's also a player Emery knows well.

There is something Park Chu Yung level strange about this entire transfer.

Arsenal didn't buy him. They took him on loan. It's not like they passed up other players on loan for Denis Suarez. He was available. Others weren't -- at least under the terms of an option to buy rather than an obligation. It makes no sense to blame Denis Suarez for the inability to bring in others. Arsenal clearly tried and failed to do so.

He was barely here before he was injured and wasn't yet match fit since he hadn't been playing regularly for Barcelona. Not sure how you could have expected him to come in and hit the ground running under the circumstances. What happened just happened.

You seem to be trying to cook up a conspiracy theory where none is necessary. I don't see anything strange at all about the transfer. He was a player who had a lot of success under Emery before. He had some measure of success at Barcelona under Enrique, but the current manager didn't rate him. He was available on Arsenal's terms. He got hurt just a few weeks after he got here. Honestly, there's nothing to see here.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
It’s a famous AM story. I asked him for an autograph when I saw him on the street as a teenager. Told me to f*ck off.
:rofl:

Not sure about that Guardian link, this is a bit strange:
On one occasion, in December 2008, Gallas is said to have torn into his younger team-mate after a scoreless draw at Aston Villa, with Touré apparently disappointed that Arsène Wenger did not defend him.

There was no scoreless draw at Villa in 2008...

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Toure comes across as almost "too nice" in that article. :lol:

But yeah, Gallas was an absolute clown and poor excuse for leader when the going got tough. We didn't lose to league at Birmingham, we lost it because of our reaction to it in the weeks following which wasn't helped by his meltdown.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:rofl:

Not sure about that Guardian link, this is a bit strange:
On one occasion, in December 2008, Gallas is said to have torn into his younger team-mate after a scoreless draw at Aston Villa, with Touré apparently disappointed that Arsène Wenger did not defend him.

There was no scoreless draw at Villa in 2008...

That’s jokes :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Elneny has played 50 odd games. Better or worse one knows why he was signed and yeah he looked like a decent bench option. But we did not really have a need for another small tidy midfielder and he hasn't been played even when he was fit. So no, I don't think Elneny was a worse signing than him no way.

Elneny signing was definitely nowhere near worst . He actually improved our midfield visibly that season believe it or not and he scored against Barca.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I just saw on the Premier League show on TV that Suarez is costing us 100,000 / min of play.

:lol::lol::lol:

dbig

Bischoff, Stepanovs and Park candidates. Perez and Squillaci possibles.
Could have brought Pascal Cygan back from retirement. He's an invincible, after all.

Top Bottom