• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

• Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

• Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

• Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

• Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

• Theo Walcott (397 apps)

• Denilson (153 apps)

• Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

• Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

• Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

• Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Not gonna lie, it's probably Elneny. Senderos is a decent shout too, had a few decent CL games in 06 but **** me he was so out of his depth most of the other times he played.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Senderos was something else. Looked like a proper defender but was regularly turned inside out. Absolute clown. Then again, so is Mustafi.

Giroud, Walcott and even Iwobi should not be on this list btw. Also bit harsh on Coquelin. They were decent players. Unlike Park Chu-Young, Sanogo and Elneny.

Let's play Aubamawang

Had to go with Mustafi really. But honourable mentions for Senderos and Denilson. What a pile of dross they were. At least Bendtner had an ego, even if it were unwarranted.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The presence of Squillaci reduced any Arsenal player that came within 30 feet of him on the pitch, to a pile of wobbly dog sh!t. Incredible how he did this.

Gamefaced

I'm going for Almunia can't believe he was number one for sooo long. Awful keeper who never won us games but helped us to lose a lot of them. I remember thinking this guy didn't always make big obvious goalkeeper blunders, but he would let in goals where you would think... Hold on! a world class keeper would of save that even a decent one.
I kept seeing goals go in against us thinking he should of save that, he made decent strikes look like world class strikes with his useless dives and poor reflexes.
Then I remembered seeing a stat at the time, which showed that a high percentage of shots against him went in, compared to other keepers, that's when i knew i wasn't seeing things and it confirmed it to me this guy was crud! We had a third rate keeper in goal as our number one and stuck with him really tragic was so happy when he finally got replaced.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Theo and Giroud have no business being on this list. Elneny should be on there.

Mustafi gets my vote because of his ability to sap the confidence of any player near him. Like @Jury mentioned with Squillaci it’s like he produces waves of fear/uncertainty. I can’t remember Senderos.

Denilson=Elneny

Iwobi (pains to say) and Almunia are pretty bad as well. The rest were just somewhat inconsistent.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I'm going for Almunia can't believe he was number one for sooo long. Awful keeper who never won us games but helped us to lose a lot of them. I remember thinking this guy didn't always make big obvious goalkeeper blunders, but he would let in goals where you would think... Hold on! a world class keeper would of save that even a decent one.
I kept seeing goals go in against us thinking he should of save that, he made decent strikes look like world class strikes with his useless dives and poor reflexes.
Then I remembered seeing a stat at the time, which showed that a high percentage of shots against him went in, compared to other keepers, that's when i knew i wasn't seeing things and it confirmed it to me this guy was crud! We had a third rate keeper in goal as our number one and stuck with him really tragic was so happy when he finally got replaced.

Im sure I remember him coming up big in the game against Sp**s with a penalty save shortly before bentdner got that quick goal from the corner seconds after coming on :bounce:

Top Bottom