• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
just like any young player; when he actually plays he needs more starting 11 players around him to take some pressure away.

you dont play 2 man mid in PL game where one is 19 and other one is using him as one who needs to control.
definitely doesn't need a loan
Exactly. Other than the obvious which you have pointed out, how does he learn anything playing next to Elneny.

FluffyDoozi

Should be played deeper. He doesn't have the engine or physicality to play box to box on the premier league as he is being asked to do so. He has the skillset to be a world class metronome though.
Kid has massive potential and you can see that he has the mentality to become a top class player. You can see why the manager instantly trusts him. I remember a quote by Wenger about how he tells that a player is very talented, "watch out if other talented players regularly pass to him". You can see that they do pass to him and trust him. They saw him as a first team player from game 1. They go to dinners with him, joke around with him on social media and training etc. Özil did say that he is the most talented young player at the club. Called him a baller.
They don't do that to Niles or the other kids.

I watched games of AMN last season in midfield and was so infuriated with him (United aside). He was actually hiding from play. I am sorry but if you are playing central midfield for a possessive team like Arsenal and you are quiet and not making yourself available, chances are high that you don't belong. He could be a top class right back if he concentrated there.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Should be played deeper. He doesn't have the engine or physicality to play box to box on the premier league as he is being asked to do so. He has the skillset to be a world class metronome though.
Kid has massive potential and you can see that he has the mentality to become a top class player. You can see why the manager instantly trusts him. I remember a quote by Wenger about how he tells that a player is very talented, "watch out if other talented players regularly pass to him". You can see that they do pass to him and trust him. They saw him as a first team player from game 1. They go to dinners with him, joke around with him on social media and training etc. Özil did say that he is the most talented young player at the club. Called him a baller.
They don't do that to Niles or the other kids.

I watched games of AMN last season in midfield and was so infuriated with him (United aside). He was actually hiding from play. I am sorry but if you are playing central midfield for a possessive team like Arsenal and you are quiet and not making yourself available, chances are high that you don't belong. He could be a top class right back if he concentrated there.
Yes. Matteo's attitude on the pitch is why he'll go far. Fearless and always wants the ball.

He has a lot to learn, and shouldn't be played as often as he is, but that says more about our ****e depth in midfield than it does him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He takes too many touches on the ball. He falls asleep off the ball, he can't win headers, he gets caught in possession, he can't recover and he lacks pace and power. Tactically he vacates the centre and drifts to the flank to collect the ball. That is a major distance issue.

Positives are his immense personality, eye for a pass and range of pass as well as ability to drive on occasion.

All of the flaws can be coached out of him. He can develop more power but he won't get much quicker. He needs to take the physical trajectory of Rabiot who went from skinny to muscular in the space of two years. We have to remember that he is 19 and when he is 22 his physical profile will be very different. but he needs to cut his hair short, chisel his upper body and fix his running style. He can't prance around the pitch trying to buy fouls. He needs to get strong enough to hold people off in possession.

That aside, we already have someone who if we gave him the same amount of game time that we gave Douzi this season, he probably would have established himself as a starter.

I'm telling you that AMN needs to be trusted in the centre of the pitch. At right back he displays recovery speed, aerial ability, positional awareness, strength on and off the ball, speed with the ball, excellent 1v1 defending and stand up tackling. One major aspect that has been undervalued is that he was known to be too relaxed. Are we not noticing him making repeated goal saving challenges every game now? He made one vs Watford, he did the same vs Palace. His recovery is insane. Imagine putting that in the middle of the pitch. He takes very little time on the ball. He has developed this season and needs to be moved infield into a midfield 3 asap next season.

Torreira doesn't have the pace or physicality to compete for 90 minutes every game being a box to box. He needs to be at the base of a 3, reading the game and putting out fires.

The third and final spot needs to go to a midfielder who can shoot, create and dribble but has the physicality to press and recover. In certain games you can have someone like Guendouzi playing a different role but we need to buy that player. Not a slow weak player who can't dribble. ESR may be ready for that role in a years time. However someone like Nkunku can do the job.

Midfield is never about having one player who has all the attributes to succeed. Vieria is the only player who has ever managed to do that. You need to have a combination of talent but recovery and physical power has to be present in modern football.

---------Nkunku------AMN
-------------------Torreira

On paper people will moan about the lack of names or star quality. That is a midfield that you cannot run through. That makes you run. That moves the ball quickly. That can dribble and turn with agility. It discourages you from playing as they can press and win the ball. Every one of them.

Put 3 players in front of them who can do 4 things. Receive the ball under pressure, run in behind and dribble, pass with intelligence. You would literally be laughing.

That is basically how Ajax set up.

AMN can't maintain a decent pass percentage at fullback half the time let alone CM. Not against your theory per se

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
What happened to his long-range passing? I remember him producing some unreal stuff in his first games for us, now he's playing like Elneny.

DasBootist

What happened to his long-range passing? I remember him producing some unreal stuff in his first games for us, now he's playing like Elneny.
Basically players receive instructions on how to play before and during a match. Guendouzi being a rather young member of the team, foolishly followed his manager's instructions.

Last edited:

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

He seemed scared to play it forward tonight. No passing through the lines, just the safe sideways or backwards pass. It’s frustrating watching him.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He seemed scared to play it forward tonight. No passing through the lines, just the safe sideways or backwards pass. It’s frustrating watching him.

This is probably down to the manager and some sort of safe ball circulation. What worries me more is his headless and erratic behaviour when under pressure deep in our half or deep in the opposition half.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I loved how composed he is in defense. Great drive, composure and hustle

Will be a starter in a season or two.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If Spanish Mourinho keeps saying to him how to play, he could eventually become Elneny.
Kid is a creative mind, he will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them, but telling him to play safely and not to use his best attributes is beyond stupid.

If I remember correctly, Denilson was actually decent player when he came here, but very soon Wenger gave him instructions to complete 95% of his passes and created a "legend" out of him.

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

He played too much this season, but still it has been a very useful season for him personally. The kid had barely played at the highest level before we signed him, now he has 40+ games under his belt.

I'm sure he has learned a lot, even if he isn't in great form at the moment.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
His biggest problem is his lack of positional discipline. He constantly vacates his position in midfield which leaves massive gaps for the opposition to exploit on the counter. And then he can't/doesn't track back because of his physical limitations. He's also very poor from set-pieces defensively. Last night's open goal chance that Valencia missed at 0-0 was because he lost his man at the far post as he was busy wrestling with Maitland Niles.

Hope

Less
Single handedly killed all the momentum with erratic touches and over killed passes.

Ffs he is starting to annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom