• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

• Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

• Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

• Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

• Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

• Theo Walcott (397 apps)

• Denilson (153 apps)

• Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

• Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

• Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

• Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Results are only viewable after voting.

dave_rwr

Established Member
Getting sick of all these little comments about my list. They’ve all been voted for at least once and 90% of the replacement players suggested haven’t even been eligible.

More importantly though, it’s my thread and I’ll do what I want. Thanks a lot.

:lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Getting sick of all these little comments about my list. They’ve all been voted for at least once and 90% of the replacement players suggested haven’t even been eligible.

More importantly though, it’s my thread and I’ll do what I want. Thanks a lot.
Your damn list is worse than Schindler's.

goonerfamily

Gibbs was a poor player all things considered, frankly he's at his level in the Championship. I don't remember Clichy too fondly either, but it would be a bit harsh for him to make this list.

I voted for Mustafi given his price-tag, but Almunia cost us titles and of course the CL so he should probably get it all things considered

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
How is Diaby not the list? Worst player by far. Diaby produced more poor performances than all the other players combined. Squallaci, Traore and Sanogo were all awful too.

Denilson was technically astute player and very underrated and wrongly scapegoated by certain fans.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member
Chu young park

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "He will add true quality to our attacking forces and will be a valuable addition to the squad."

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Eh? Fabianski is better than Leno.

He improved a lot in his final season with us, and when he left us, he was already a great keeper.
But you don’t only remember the final season of a player.
For most of the time he was at arsenal, he was ****.
This are only a few of the many humiliating mistakes he made:

0:28

I admire him a lot, he worked very hard to become the great player he is. It’s like seeing a walcott turning into a ronaldinho. I’m a keeper myself so I know how hard it is to make improvements in goal keeping.
But sorry, I have to say he really sucks before that. An absolute disaster before he had his last year with us.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
He improved a lot in his final season with us, and when he left us, he was already a great keeper.
But you don’t only remember the final season of a player.
For most of the time he was at arsenal, he was ****.
This are only a few of the many humiliating mistakes he made:

0:28
I remember these and his other mistakes very well because they were due to him not getting a run in the team. Every time he got a start you could see his confidence wasn’t there and hence the mistakes.

A talented player who didn’t get a fair chance from Wenger. Would say the only player in 25 years that Wenger didn’t really give a fair chance.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Walcott looks a bit out of place on that list. He was always somewhere between average to good relative to the team he was surrounded with, except for maybe his last season.

Mustafi is the one player I've been so down on that I actually believe James Collins would've been an upgrade right now. How a youngster hasn't taken his spot ages ago is beyond me. If we're talking just like peak woefulness, he's hard to beat.

Reckon Denilson and Almunia come 2nd and 3rd, in that order. Denilson was years of basically nothing, never really peaked in any way, was just consistently underwhelming yet given many minutes. Almunia did at least have a few blinders, but they was so spread apart that they were almost meaningless. He might have the biggest swing of anyone on that list in terms of ceiling vs. floor.

Shout-out to Gael Clichy as well who I remember as being incredibly error prone. He was replaced by Kieran Gibbs ffs. Was way too shaky defensively to justify his complete impotence going forward. He was basically Sagna if you took away all of Sagna's defensive ability. He was also a nailed on starter, which has to count for something.

Think Bendtner actually had a few decent runs in the starting XI when he was given the chance at a very young age. Completely fell off though and never developed into anything, but I'm not sure he was ever really "regular" in the team compared to players like Mustafi, Denilson, Almunia etc. IIRC the only time he ever got an extended run at his actual position was when RVP went down towards the end of the season where Ramsey broke his leg, and he actually performed quite well.

Coquelin also managed to string together basically an entire season's worth of genuinely great performances. He really looked like the answer to your DM woes for a while, shame he fell off completely though.

Fabiabski is actually one of my favourite ever Arsenal players, after Vieira, RvP and Ramsey.

A top top keeper.

Fabianski has genuinely been a top 5 keeper in the Prem ever since leaving. A contender for best keeper in the league right now, won us so many points. IIRC he was actually good towards the end of his Arsenal tenure but Wenger had clearly lost faith in him.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Djourou, mustafi when hes having a bad gamae reminds me of him a lot. Still remember Nani destroying him and one of the youth team coming on (Yennaris?) and being far better. Always made mistakes but you could see a defender in there somewhere just never managed to pull it together for whatever reason.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom