• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ryan Fraser

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How many super short players can we realistically fit in the lineup before its an issue?

Was trying to think of teams that have multiple players like Lucas & Fraser.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We should focus on getting 3 quality players in. Trying to fix all of our problems in one window will just result in more average players at the club.
100% Agree.
Winger, Centre Back, Left back. All well thought out players who will take us up a level and let Emery better play his system.

The only issue is we also need a number 8 to replace Rambo. We might sacrifice getting a starting LB for one more year? If we get a good CB maybe it won't be a terrible idea if funds are limited.

In terms of other positions I dont mind left field experimental signings or promoting youth. (to replace the departing Jenko/Lich, Elneny, Welbeck).

But as you said quality over quantity. You get in a good player and he's an asset to the team and the club financially. You bring in a mediocre player and theres the potential there for him to turn into a burning hole in the wage bill that you cant shift... we have suffered enough from that and I think thats something the whole fan base can agree on.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

100% Agree.
Winger, Centre Back, Left back. All well thought out players who will take us up a level and let Emery better play his system.

The only issue is we also need a number 8 to replace Rambo. We might sacrifice getting a starting LB for one more year? If we get a good CB maybe it won't be a terrible idea if funds are limited.

In terms of other positions I dont mind left field experimental signings or promoting youth. (to replace the departing Jenko/Lich, Elneny, Welbeck).

But as you said quality over quantity. You get in a good player and he's an asset to the team and the club financially. You bring in a mediocre player and theres the potential there for him to turn into a burning hole in the wage bill that you cant shift... we have suffered enough from that and I think thats something the whole fan base can agree on.

You’d hope we can pick up a cheap LB for now with two quality additions.

For me fixing the midfield is urgent, maybe a Rabiot/Tielemans alongside a creative player like Maddison.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You’d hope we can pick up a cheap LB for now with two quality additions.

For me fixing the midfield is urgent, maybe a Rabiot/Tielemans alongside a creative player like Maddison.
I'm a massive fan of Tielemans, and Rabiot presents insane value even given his terrible attitude/arrogance.

In terms of midfield I'm not sure what Emery wants if im honest with you. Does he want someone who really enables play like a Banega type player or a like for like Rambo replacement. If its like for like then I really really question the way we handled the contract negotiations.

The right midfielder + a winger will make our play that whole lot more smooth. In terms of wing options I'd take people like Fraser, Guedes, Carrasco etc. Players who give width/pace and can help create chances from wide positions.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Thought his performance today was rather alarming, tbh. Like he would here, today was a day where his team was expected to control matters and he to produce the goods, he did **** all bar the corner. Think we should look elsewhere. I don't usually change my mind so quickly but i saw a lot i didn't like.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
In terms of midfield I'm not sure what Emery wants if im honest with you. Does he want someone who really enables play like a Banega type player or a like for like Rambo replacement. If its like for like then I really really question the way we handled the contract negotiations.

I'd have to think he would be looking for a Banega type since apparently the Ramsey decision was based both on financial and footballing reasons. A Banega would fit Emery's past tactical profile.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd have to think he would be looking for a Banega type since apparently the Ramsey decision was based both on financial and footballing reasons. A Banega would fit Emery's past tactical profile.
We haven't really been linked to any so far though

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm a massive fan of Tielemans, and Rabiot presents insane value even given his terrible attitude/arrogance.

The right midfielder + a winger will make our play that whole lot more smooth. In terms of wing options I'd take people like Fraser, Guedes, Carrasco etc. Players who give width/pace and can help create chances from wide positions.

We need skillful wingers, the Saint-Maximin
Chukwueze type of player.

Ramsey/Tielemans/Rabiot/van de beek are not the type of player we should go for. I don’t want my central players to drift into other position and we lost on the counter because we are exposed with huge gaps and spaces in the central midfield area. We don’t need to replace ramsey. We need to replace Cazorla and Fabregas.

These are better players: Aouar, Tonali, Cuisance, Ndombele

When you choose midfielders, you always choose the iniesta/kaka (AM), Xavi/pirlo (CM) and busquets/gattusso (DM) type of players.
Gerrard and Lampard type of players are absolute **** and they will not be success in modern football and modern tactics.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak

Ramsey/Tielemans/Rabiot/van de beek are not the type of player we should go for. I don’t want my central players to appear in other position and we lost on the counter because we are exposed with huge gaps and spaces in the central midfield area.

These three are better players: Tonali, Cuisance, Ndombele
Ndombele has apparently opened negotiations with Real.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We haven't really been linked to any so far though

Except Banega -- constantly -- of course. :lol:

I think most of these early links are more speculation and agent talk than anything else. People think "Arsenal needs a Ramsey replacement" and try to come up with possibilities. Anything for a story to generate clicks. Thankfully the summer is almost here and it will become clearer as we go along.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey/Tielemans/Rabiot/van de beek are not the type of player we should go for. I don’t want my central players to drift into other position and we lost on the counter because we are exposed with huge gaps and spaces in the central midfield area.

These are better players: Aouar, Tonali, Cuisance, Ndombele

When you choose midfielders, you always choose the iniesta/kaka (AM), Xavi/pirlo (CM) and busquets/gattusso (DM) type of players.
Gerrard and Lampard type of players are absolute **** and they will not success in modern football and modern tactics.

Thing is though the differences between an Iniesta and Kaka are huge. Kaka was all about dribbling at pace in transition, breaking lines and causing havoc. Iniesta was an elite passer and play linker in the final third.

Same with Gattuso and Busquets. One was a pit bull in midfield while the other one is better at recycling possession and applying pressure rather than winning tackles.

Ever since I heard Wenger saying in the CL you need to control the midfield if you want to do well I think it’s what we should address first. If we do qualify we could get bounced at the group stage with UEFA’s new seeding rules.

Torreira, Rabiot/van de Beek and Maddison that’s a midfield full of running, technical ability and more important chance creation.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Thing is though the differences between an Iniesta and Kaka are huge. Kaka was all about dribbling at pace in transition, breaking lines and causing havoc. Iniesta was an elite passer and play linker in the final third.

Same with Gattuso and Busquets. One was a pit bull in midfield while the other one is better at recycling possession and applying pressure rather than winning tackles.

Ever since I heard Wenger saying in the CL you need to control the midfield if you want to do well I think it’s what we should address first. If we do qualify we could get bounced at the group stage with UEFA’s new seeding rules.

Torreira, Rabiot/van de Beek and Maddison that’s a midfield full of running, technical ability and more important chance creation.
Of course there are differences in those players.
But my point is, we don’t want the full of running midfielders. We need them to be super technical and tactically disciplined so we won’t lose our shape.
Aouar, Tonali, Cuisance, Ndombele are very good players. We should build a midfield that play beautiful short combination and the opponent can’t even get a touch of the ball.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Every team have at least one skillful dribbler with crazy skills.
Sane, mahrez, salah, shaqiri, willian, son, martial......
Even lower teams have deloufeu and zaha.

I have been waiting for walcott to leave Arsenal for years. I can’t have Fraser in my team, which I will have to wait many more years to get my arsenal back.

Last edited:

Not sure this is the right direction for us. If we had our star wide-forwards maybe it could be a good addition. Like Liverpool when they had Mané and Salah they added Shaqiri.

I think we need bigger quality out wide!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

20 million, 24 years old, only Hazard has more assists, plus 7 goals?

Think he'd improve us more than some would think. Wasn't entirely convinced watching him vs Sp**s but definitely could get behind this signing now after watching our wide players vs Brighton.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not sure this is the right direction for us. If we had our star wide-forwards maybe it could be a good addition. Like Liverpool when they had Mané and Salah they added Shaqiri.

I think we need bigger quality out wide!
Would buy fraser plus another winger talented one like Neres for example both could cost us total 50m

Top Bottom