• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hard to put into words what he’s meant to me as a player. Grew up very near to me, and in many ways he’s lived my dream all these years excelling for Arsenal and then Wales in a major tournament.

Coming back from a brutal leg break to eventually end our trophy drought was a great moment. His peak for us was obviously that season, and I’ll maintain till my dying day we’d have won the league if he hadn’t got injured at West Ham.

He’s been a great professional, classy on and off the pitch and nothing but well spoken, even when he’s copped countless abuse of fans and media knobheads. He’s always just been a really hard worker.

When his contract was up and he could’ve phoned it in like countless others he left it all out on the pitch. Legend.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hate saying the absence of this or that player was why we ever went to sh!t, but **** me, Rambo's confidence, belief and personalty was such a miss. I#d actually put his absence as the reason we didn't get at least 4th. Unbelievable. These last few weeks have been like watching a bunch of kids launch turds at each other as soon as daddy went to the shops.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For Arsenal, this is the end as he’ll be replaced by a lesser player most likely.

For Ramsey, he’s moving on to bigger and better. New country, new league, a CL club, better team mates, better manager, more money.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Really looking forward to seeing how he does in Italy.

From the glimpses you see of the group feels like Ramsey, Cech & Danny is a big loss for us off the pitch.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Class act, Rambo. Always giving his best effort. Scoring cup winners. Scored some pretty fantastic goals in his days with Arsenal. A true professional. He will be sorely missed.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The club made him an offer which he accepted and then they withdrew it and no new offer was made. I don't see how Ramsey is to blame for that.

The club's wage structure was skewed by Mesut's huge contract and the unwarrantedly high wages paid to Mkhitaryan in the board's (failed) attempt to prove they hadn't cocked up in the Sanchez saga. Can't see how Ramsey is to blame for that either.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He frustrated me a lot but I'm actually very sad to see him go. I almost value the sheer effort and commitment he gave this last season knowing he was off more than the Cup winning goals(speaking solely in terms of my appraisal of his time here).It can't be overstated just how rare it is in today's game to see professionals like Ramsey. Seeing him today really cemented what the desire and heart he showed this year had already proven, which is that he loves this club. In a time with so many mercenaries who go hiding when things get tough it is very sad to see a true Arsenal man go. I hope he's very successful in Italy.
Well put. It`s actually infurating thinking about Mikhi earning 200K a week when around the same would have been enough to keep Ramsey here. Twice the player and like you say a true Arsenal-man. Only Koscielny and possibly Monreal left at club that I have some real affection for and that I consider proper Arsenal-men.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hate saying the absence of this or that player was why we ever went to sh!t, but **** me, Rambo's confidence, belief and personalty was such a miss. I#d actually put his absence as the reason we didn't get at least 4th. Unbelievable. These last few weeks have been like watching a bunch of kids launch turds at each other as soon as daddy went to the shops.
How many players in this team could you say are as highly ambitious as Ramsey?

I used to call it a weakness of his. More fool me! :lol:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
was one of rare people who trusted in him during his dark periods, both form and injuries.
at the same time, it was so clear that as soon as he gets some glory he chases so much and stays fit for enough time to get an offer from bigger club that he would take it and not look back.
it's all fine, his life his choice, but I find the way he did it very disrespectful to the club who gave him everything.
am not buying his final goals because it's what he is all about, scoring goals. he left us down way too many times with his constant need to be the one who scores, those 2 big ones he did barely equals all the ones he ****ed us up with.

our best player for few seasons, still, am not taking that away, but he ain't getting no love from me, maybe it has to do something with all the support I got for him when probably even he himself thought we'll sell him to some mid table club

Formerly known as a RamseyLover....

Polar Bear

Thanks for everything Ramsey. You were always at the heart of the best times we have had in the last 10 years, always giving the vital assist or vital goal. When we really look back at the last 10 ****ty years we will see that the only bright moments were you at the center of it.

These last few months you were gone to Juventus, BUT what you did on the field I will never ever forget, you never once downed tools, you played very well, scored goals, assisted goals and worked your socks off. That really shows me your TRUE personality and TRUE heart... I respect you a lot. I know you will be missed badly.

m-due

All the best Rambo, you will always be remembered here. Hopefully there will be an Arsenal v. Juventus matchup next season. :( What a messed up April/May. Wake up Arsenal, mediocrity personified.

Wryer

I believe so.
It just irks me that Ramsey and his representatives are suggesting that a deal was agreed and the club pulled the carpet under him. There was no agreement to begin with and the club decided to move on.

Looking at Ramsey's reactions, looks like I was plain wrong. He looked crestfallen and there was no way you can pretend that.

Good man.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I bet he cried more tears of joy after the game knowing he was getting away from this shambles.

The club made him an offer which he accepted and then they withdrew it and no new offer was made. I don't see how Ramsey is to blame for that.

That's just not true. The club offered him a contract he stalled on signing, then the club withdrew it once they saw he wasn't gonna sign it, I think it was a sign of goodwill to not make Ramsey look bad. But I'm sure once he found out about Juve's interest he had no intention of staying at Arsenal.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Dedicated and committed professional. Came back from a dreadful injury to become a star. Well done.

Him and Wilshere filled me (and most Arsenal supporters) with hope, and at least Aaron fulfilled his promise partially.

Thank you for the trophies and the memories, Aaron.

CJJ

Established Member
Its been a long time since a player has left that i feel has earned the utmost respect, but Ramsey is one of them. Great servant and outstanding professional.
I truly wish him all the best, and i hope he never has to play against Arsenal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

No chance in hell we would not at least have nicked 3-6 more points with him in the side.

Same old story over the years. When we've been up for it to win the title the best players got huge injuries and even when we've been pretty ****ty we got that injury on top that denied us a lucky top four or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom