• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst regular player of the Emirates era

Who do you consider to be the worst (regular) player of the Emirates era?

• Phillipe Senderos (117 apps)

• Manuel Almunia (175 apps)

• Emmanuel Eboue (214 apps)

• Lord Nicklas Bendtner (171 apps)

• Theo Walcott (397 apps)

• Denilson (153 apps)

• Francis Coquelin (160 apps)

• Olivier Giroud (253 apps)

• Alex Iwobi (146 apps)

• Shrokdan Mustafi (111 apps)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Mustafi is dire but it must be Almunia in my humble opinion. The guy pissed away what should have been a CL title(though Henry's uncharacteristically sh*t finishing that match didn't help either). I'm not sure it gets worse than that.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Mustafi is dire but it must be Almunia in my humble opinion. The guy pissed away what should have been a CL title(though Henry's uncharacteristically sh*t finishing that match didn't help either). I'm not sure it gets worse than that.

Unfair to blame Almunia for that tbh, I think Lehman is more at fault for losing that final.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Unfair to blame Almunia for that tbh, I think Lehman is more at fault for losing that final.
Your job as a professional is to be ready when called upon. A keeper being beaten at the near post between the legs in the biggest match of his career has nowhere else to look for blame.

roz

Fake News Merchant
I used to really, really dislike Denilson had completely forgotten about him and tbh would much rather have him than el nen.
Has to be big Phil though, at least I have some memories of other cack players contributing. Not Phillipe though...
“And unfortunately, when you saw him on the pitch, he lost his playing abilities, he didn’t play well. But against his own team-mates, he played better.” William Gallas

KingVerse

Senderos for me, but he was also one of the biggest disappointments too. This guy had so much potential, then Drogba just ruined him in one game and he was never the same after that. If Arshavin played over 100 games he's a good shout too, along with Almunia.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Senderos for me, but he was also one of the biggest disappointments too. This guy had so much potential, then Drogba just ruined him in one game and he was never the same after that. If Arshavin played over 100 games he's a good shout too, along with Almunia.
Arshavin? Some of his skills were insane.
He is one of the best post invincible players, up there with van persie, sanchez, hleb, nasri, cazorla, fabregas.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arshavin Arsenal career is similar to Özil where you know he could have been great for us, but they just lacked the mentality.
Fleeting moments of ecstasy, years of meh.

I wouldn’t put Arshavin or Özil in this list, particularly Arshavin who justified his fee with his initial impact alone.

KingVerse

Arshavin? Some of his skills were insane.
He is one of the best post invincible players, up there with van persie, sanchez, hleb, nasri, cazorla, fabregas.

He had a bright start then faded out pretty quick and became lazy in an instant. IMO of course. Hleb is another player I never got, zero end product. All he did was running with the ball, dribbling, for minutes then lose the damn ball. I was shocked when Barca wanted to sign him from us. Turns out he didn't do much for them either.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Hleb was always a divisive player, you either loved him or loathed him.
He was very unique, incredible dribbler and short range passing I personally credit him for our most aesthetically pleasing football in recent times. People say Cesc and although he was the crown jewel I feel like Hleb was the main reason why our football was tantalisingly good at times he just never ever lost the ball.

Zero end product and lacked courage however. I wasn’t too sad to see him go, he kinda typified Wenger’s later signings of impotent, less physically imposing players.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He had a bright start then faded out pretty quick and became lazy in an instant. IMO of course. Hleb is another player I never got, zero end product. All he did was running with the ball, dribbling, for minutes then lose the damn ball. I was shocked when Barca wanted to sign him from us. Turns out he didn't do much for them either.
If you don’t like them you don’t like football

KingVerse

Hleb was always a divisive player, you either loved him or loathed him.
He was very unique, incredible dribbler and short range passing I personally credit him for our most aesthetically pleasing football in recent times. People say Cesc and although he was the crown jewel I feel like Hleb was the main reason why our football was tantalisingly good at times he just never ever lost the ball.

Zero end product and lacked courage however. I wasn’t too sad to see him go, he kinda typified Wenger’s later signings of impotent less physically imposing players in the second half of his reign.

Yeah, I mean obviously Hleb did do some things right. In that he has a legion of cult following and my opinion of him is probably the unpopular one. But all I remember from his days playing for us, was the part I described earlier. Nonstop dribbles that lead to nowhere. It was kinda annoying.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah, I mean obviously Hleb did do some things right. In that he has a legion of cult following and my opinion of him is probably the unpopular one. But all I remember from his days playing for us, was the part I described earlier. Nonstop dribbles that lead to nowhere. It was kinda annoying.
Lead to nowhere? He dribble past 4-5 players and pass to fabregas/rosicky, that’s why they have got that many assists. And not forget adebayor’s wasted tonnes of chances too.

KingVerse

Sorry I found that the arshavin video only shows his goal and finish, not enough to demonstrate how good he was. I have edit my original comment and replaced that with a better highlight video.

I'm not basing my opinion on a highlight reel. I saw all their games live on TV. I mean, they did some good for us too and those 4 goals Arshavin scored at Anfield will always be a great memory. It's the decline afterwards that bugs me, which indeed they never show in those youtube videos.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I'm not basing my opinion on a highlight reel. I saw all their games live on TV. I mean, they did some good for us too and those 4 goals Arshavin scored at Anfield will always be a great memory. It's the decline afterwards that bugs me, which indeed they never show in those youtube videos.
I watched almost every game too.
Arshavin was still very good in attack, dribble past defenders, playing one twos and beautiful through passes. It’s just he was not doing enough in defending. Wenger and fans criticised him for not closing down and not enough defending. He then got benched. But that doesn’t mean he was not still the amazing dribbler he was.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Lol yeah I think people forget how trash Arshavin became it was quite pathetic actually.

Wenger also drew a lot of critism regarding Arshavin.
First for not making him automatic starter (very very similar to the Özil situation this season).
Wenger was also criticised when it became blatantly apparent the dude was washed up and we were dragging our feet about offloading him.

Overall he was kind of a flop but with key highlights, galvanising the team into 4th when he joined, Liverpool demolition and his game against Barcelona. I even remember when most of us theorised that Arshavin tenure was the reason behind Wenger’s reluctance to spend big on established marquee signings!

Top Bottom