• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The whole situation confused me tbh. I'm still not convinced it was 100% all down to Emery but I'll probably never know either way.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I love Ramsey he was a great servant for the Club but I would not call him a legend.

Unfortunately he’s not the player around which you build your team/tactics as he’s just too injury prone. Even with less workload this season he managed to get sidelined in the most important part of the season. We just can’t rely on a player that misses big parts of the season every year due to muscle niggles and injuries. He’ll be a great addition to Juventus as a complementary piece but not the focal one as it would be the case with Arsenal.

Escy

Nice to see the majority of Arsenal fans all ****ed off home and didn't bother to hang around to give Rambo the send off he deserves. No class...

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...fer-news-aaron-ramsey-contract-rumours-denied

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Ramsey-wants-major-pay-rise-stay-Arsenal.html

What this shows is Arsenal we’re trying to resign Ramsey a few years ago - but his team stalled. His agent started his own firm mid negotiations which was one reason touted for the delayed contract talks but tbh I think he was trying to pull a similar stunt to Walcott/Özil/Sanchez etc.

I think if we caved and gave him the 300k contract the media would be spinning a different narrative. Yes he’s on form now but let’s not forget all those years of injuries and poor displays - he simply isn’t a 300k player.

I saw his tears but personally I think he tried to hold the club over a barrel. Whilst it’s easy to slag off Arsenal, I think on this occasion they actually did try to sign him earlier. I don’t have much proof and it’s mostly speculation on my part but I don’t buy Ornsteins reports or this notion that Emery green lighted his exit and etc.
If you pay attention, Emery has consistently distanced himself from all contract talks plus it contradicts his assessment of Ramsey when he first arrived here. I believe Ramsey engineered this, but hey convince me otherwise.

Escy

He's worth what Juventus are paying. As there is no transfer fee his wages are higher and that's the case whether he signed a new contract at Arsenal or for another team. No point comparing his wages to say Aubameyang unless you take into account his 56m transfer fee. Clubs look at the total cost over the term. The only player you can compare Ramsey's wage demands to are Özil's as he signed in the same situation and going by that he was being reasonable.

Arsenal tried to take the piss and he called their bluff. When will they learn?

I think the Sp**s business model is better, offer new contracts on an almost yearly basis to your top players and keep them on long contracts.

LGooner98

I feel that it's all about the wrong timing. The club should have regretted spending all that money on renewing Özil's contract and with the money being spent on Miki,i feel that the club decided to cut down their spending. Well, every players have good and bad performances but Ramsey was the one who scored important goals like the FA cup. He's been here for 11 years, you can really see that he has Arsenal in his heart, especially on the pitch in his last season , unlike some other players who always just say it on social media in order to get supports and likes from the fans.
Frankly speaking, I was a big fan of Özil but in the recent year and I was very happy when he decided to stay. However, I got tired of defending him since last season. Considering the money he gets, I would expect him to be able to lift the team during bad games or have some impact. I still consider him as a talented player that is a joy to watch on his good days but he is not very suitable to our style, or even the English Premier league. If selling Özil in the summer could free up the money for buying decent and suitable players, then I hope we could offload him (together with Mustafi, Elenny, Lich and Miki please).

I wish Rambo all the best in Italy. Will definitely miss him and his energy on the pitch.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Frimpong comes off like that crazy uncle who had a trial with Arsenal back in the 80s but everybody knew he wasn't going to make it, except the uncle himself.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Probably that is the reason he plays for that team who no one has heard of in Cyprus.

Just remembered that didn't visit Ramsey thread for a long time so didn't say goodbye. Wish him all the best at Juventus.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...fer-news-aaron-ramsey-contract-rumours-denied

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...Ramsey-wants-major-pay-rise-stay-Arsenal.html

What this shows is Arsenal we’re trying to resign Ramsey a few years ago - but his team stalled. His agent started his own firm mid negotiations which was one reason touted for the delayed contract talks but tbh I think he was trying to pull a similar stunt to Walcott/Özil/Sanchez etc.

I think if we caved and gave him the 300k contract the media would be spinning a different narrative. Yes he’s on form now but let’s not forget all those years of injuries and poor displays - he simply isn’t a 300k player.

I saw his tears but personally I think he tried to hold the club over a barrel. Whilst it’s easy to slag off Arsenal, I think on this occasion they actually did try to sign him earlier. I don’t have much proof and it’s mostly speculation on my part but I don’t buy Ornsteins reports or this notion that Emery green lighted his exit and etc.
If you pay attention, Emery has consistently distanced himself from all contract talks plus it contradicts his assessment of Ramsey when he first arrived here. I believe Ramsey engineered this, but hey convince me otherwise.

The fact that people on this forum believe that Ramsey was gonna choose Arsenal over Juventus we just didn’t offer him the money proves how much football fans are mugs.

Ramsey stalled signing the contract tried to pull a Walcott/Özil, but a player that spend large parts of every season injured ain’t gonna get that paycheck. Then once Juve was interested i bet he never looked at an Arsenal contract again.

All these tears over Ramsey even though we’ve lost better players shows a lot of fans don’t have fathers in their lives and need to grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom