• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which positions would you target?

Which positions do you target? (Maximum of 3)

• GK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LB

Votes: 66 61.1%
  • CB

Votes: 70 64.8%
  • CB

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • RB

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Attacking CM

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • Winger

Votes: 69 63.9%
  • Winger

Votes: 27 25.0%
  • Number 10

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • CF

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
After the performance they showed in last 3 weeks I completely lost faith of them. We have to sell most of them and start over

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Lee Dixon:

“One of the most disappointing things about Arsenal over the past few months is that, defensively, they are not getting any better.

“They are still making the same awful mistakes and Emery is still chopping and changing from a three to a four at the back, which can't be helping matters.

“He is obviously not happy with what he is seeing and trying to juggle the players to find the right defensive combination.

“I think there will be some major movement in that area in the summer because he realises it is one of the major issues for this team, and will know by now which players are not good enough.

“He changes the formation all the time because he is trying to find the magic mix with what he has got at the club, when maybe he does not have the right personnel for the team to have the correct mentality when they don't have the ball.

Charlie Nicholas:

"Emery has done a remarkable job with a bottom-six Premier League defence.

"He has made mistakes, but who wouldn't make mistakes with this defence?"

"Shkodran Mustafi has been a waste of £42m which is the biggest bug for me. Sead Kolasinac and Nacho Monreal are left wing-backs, while Sokratis Papastathopoulos lacks pace.

"The reality is, Emery needs four or five defenders and that is a concern as that is an overhaul. I have faith in Emery though as he knows exactly what he needs and what he must do in order to make this happen."

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I just think an upgraded midfield is more urgent than defenders because you can avoid a lot of the issues we faced yesterday by being able to counterpress effectively and have players who are capable of breaking lines as well as maintain threatening possession.

Yeah 100% agreed, if we can control games more the defence will improve too just because the opposition will have fewer chances to hurt us.

benjamin86

Established Member
Yeah 100% agreed, if we can control games more the defence will improve too just because the opposition will have fewer chances to hurt us.
I'd go with both, the defense gets exposed way to often and when it gets exposed it doesnt perform well.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Arsenal's shots per match are down this season, but possession has actually been up. The average possession has been 57%, which is the highest of any season as far back as I could find stats (2012-13). So it's not like Arsenal hasn't generally controlled the ball. It's just that there are always stretches where the other team gets possession in Arsenal's half and the defenders are at sixes and sevens.

Hinderz

Charlie Nicholas:
"Sokratis Papastathopoulos lacks pace."
uCD2o73.png

blaise

I agree with some posters here. Defence isnt our biggest problem. It has been midfield for years and our inability to withstand pressing which is what happens away from home regularly. We need more midfielders and a proper winger

Latest posts

Top Bottom