• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He was our most important offensive player of the season.

yes he has scored less goal than Auba but was much more involved in pretty much everything else and has been carrying our ****ty offense for most of the season.

Selling him would be a mistake. I'd rather sell Aubameyang if we have to sell one of our striker.

Aevi

Hale End FC

yes he has scored less goal than Auba but was much more involved in pretty much everything else and has been carrying our ****ty offense for most of the season.

Selling him would be a mistake. I'd rather sell Aubameyang if we have to sell one of our striker.
If we could get a similar fee for him then sure, but because if their respective ages I don't see that happening. And we'd be selling for money to begin with if we went down this route, so it'd have to be Lacazette between the two for me.

Check

If we’re going to sell one of Laca/Auba we should replace them with a wide forward who can fill in at CF, someone like Zaha for example.
Get Zaha and Ziyech in for the wide positions to replace mkhi/Iwobi and promote Nelson and Saka into the first team.

He actually is my favourite player at the moment at the club, but if it means we can finance Zaha and Ziyech, it's a no brainer. As someone else pointed out in this thread it is the same situation as Liverpool had with Coutinho. They bought VVD and Allison with that money. If we can manage to sell Mkhi and Laca we'll raise about 100m. That should be enough to buy Zaha and Ziyech.
A front three of Zaha-Auba-Ziyech is a versitale front three with the ability to tear defenses apart.

If our remaining budget is about 65m without selling we should target Tierney and a CB. With the other transfers going out we should be able to buy a Ramsey repclament (Nkunku or Brandt for max 25m)

avalonhse

Persie had more quality in his right foot than Aubameyang and Lacazette had combined.

And he left to ManUtd, caused more damage to Arsenal than Aubameyang and Lacazette had combined.

As someone else pointed out in this thread it is the same situation as Liverpool had with Coutinho. They bought VVD and Allison with that money. If we can manage to sell Mkhi and Laca we'll raise about 100m. That should be enough to buy Zaha and Ziyech.

Here is my point:
- RvP wanted to leave, let him leave
- Cesc wanted to leave, let him leave

If Laca wanted to leave, just leave. But until now, there is no sign of it.

I dont understand why we think Arsenal is a bigger club than Tot. Will Kane and Ali be allowed to leave next year? Do we have a pride?

Liverpool let Coutinho leave because he wanted to, then use the money to reinvest to people want to stay. They dont sell Salah unless he wants to leave.

Right?

Last edited:

If we find a star wide forward who can create chances left and right for Auba to bang them in then we don't need a striker that is involved as much as Laca has been this season. We just need Auba to bang them in.

If we can get 80 M for Laca its hard for club of our stature to refuse it.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm shocked to see some of you indifferent to selling Lacazette. He's literally been the only spark in our ENTIRE side this season, when he recieves the ball in the opposition third anything can happen.

If we sell him we have even less spark in the attack which is just criminal considering it is already crap

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
And he left to ManUtd, caused more damage to Arsenal than Aubameyang and Lacazette had combined.

Here is my point:
- RvP wanted to leave, let him leave
- Cesc wanted to leave, let him leave

If Laca wanted to leave, just leave. But until now, there is no sign of it.

I dont understand why we think Arsenal is a bigger club than Tot. Will Kane and Ali be allowed to leave next year? Do we have a pride?

Liverpool let Coutinho leave because he wanted to, then use the money to reinvest to people want to stay. They dont sell Salah unless he wants to leave.

Right?
What?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I'm shocked to see some of you indifferent to selling Lacazette. He's literally been the only spark in our ENTIRE side this season, when he recieves the ball in the opposition third anything can happen.

If we sell him we have even less spark in the attack which is just criminal considering it is already crap

I do agree Laca has been our best player this season and I love him as a player.
but to say 70, or whatever, millions couldn't be used to bring his replacement who would maybe fit Auba even better, and the whole team (talking class skillful winger here) kinda makes no sense.

still, in no way am I advocating to sell Laca

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
He actually is my favourite player at the moment at the club, but if it means we can finance Zaha and Ziyech, it's a no brainer. As someone else pointed out in this thread it is the same situation as Liverpool had with Coutinho. They bought VVD and Allison with that money. If we can manage to sell Mkhi and Laca we'll raise about 100m. That should be enough to buy Zaha and Ziyech.
A front three of Zaha-Auba-Ziyech is a versitale front three with the ability to tear defenses apart.

If our remaining budget is about 65m without selling we should target Tierney and a CB. With the other transfers going out we should be able to buy a Ramsey repclament (Nkunku or Brandt for max 25m)
I don’t think we’ll get 100m for mkhi and Laca (maybe 80 at most) but otherwise I completely agree with this. Add Tierney and a physical CB to that and we’re definitely heading towards the right direction.

Zaha/Nels/Saka - Aub/Zah/Nket - Ziyech/Nels
Özil/Ziy/ESR
Rabiot/Matteo - Torreira/Xhaka
Tier/Nacho-Kosc/Sok-Konaté?/Hold-Bell/AMN​

That’s a much more balanced side with more quality imo. Not unrealistic at all with an initial budget of 50-60m plus sales if we win the EL.

Next summer we can then focus on getting another CB and a quality replacement for Özil.

Last edited:
Heard some rumours PSG was interested in Guendouzi for 60M a while ago. If thats true, I’d rather sell him:lol:

Laca is our best player ffs...

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The problem is that 70M isn’t even that much money if we’re buying a replacement.

You’ll end up having to spend that on a Zaha or Pepe which is a sideways move at best.

70 million euros is an absolute joke for a striker who has showed he can contribute in EPL. He was bought for 53 million and has 3 years left, maybe even extension option. Prices have gone up even more. He had 35 games with 13+10=23 in EPL.

No way Arsenal listens to offers below 90 millions. Lukaku was 85 million euros. He has 32 games with 12+1=13 in EPL. Lacazette is better than Lukaku, a lot more versatile and can even hold up ball better than this giant. He can even receive the ball without losing it straight away.

Again, that 70 million rumour is a joke at this point, made to annoy fans. We can play with 2 strikers also. And not many Auba & Laca quality players are happy to even sit in bench. We are very lucky to have them.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
70 million euros is an absolute joke for a striker who has showed he can contribute in EPL. He was bought for 53 million and has 3 years left, maybe even extension option. Prices have gone up even more. He had 35 games with 13+10=23 in EPL.

No way Arsenal listens to offers below 90 millions. Lukaku was 85 million euros. He has 32 games with 12+1=13 in EPL. Lacazette is better than Lukaku, a lot more versatile and can even hold up ball better than this giant. He can even receive the ball without losing it straight away.

Again, that 70 million rumour is a joke at this point, made to annoy fans. We can play with 2 strikers also. And not many Auba & Laca quality players are happy to even sit in bench. We are very lucky to have them.

Yes I agree.
With the current market, the only amount I'm ready to sell Lacazette is a £100M+ offer.

Call me crazy but in a market where Kepa Allisson Lukaku Coutinho or the player from the portuguese league that City is going to buy and Morata are worth so much, then Lacazette is worth that kind of money.

drippin

Yes I agree.
With the current market, the only amount I'm ready to sell Lacazette is a £100M+ offer.

Call me crazy but in a market where Kepa Allisson Lukaku Coutinho or the player from the portuguese league that City is going to buy and Morata are worth so much, then Lacazette is worth that kind of money.

I almost put 100 million there, but felt I had to take it down a notch to not get too bad reaction. :) Maybe the "absolute joke" gave a hint that I might personally value him even more.

A good player with 3 years left on contract (maybe they have also put extension option with new negotiators) won't be cheap for anyone. Nothing to worry about, I think he is even happy here.

I think he will stay for a year surely, and then he will also see if we get to UCL with new purchaces (if not through UEL this year). Even with 2 years on contract he won't be cheap. He was in Lyon long and seems like a very professional & loyal person.

drippin

I think the idea in this rumour is Arsenal fan voted Player of the Year with possibly no UCL -> make a Barca rumour -> Get huge amout of clicks from annoyed fans saying: "Not again, fock this poverty club".

This won't happen cheap with 3 years left on contract. It's very clear. Lacazette very likely isn't for example Pogba type to get his way out. Didn't do that for Lyon at least.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

The problem is that 70M isn’t even that much money if we’re buying a replacement.

You’ll end up having to spend that on a Zaha or Pepe which is a sideways move at best.
Or offer 50m for Dembele. Which is an upgrade anyway, imo.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom