• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Suarez, Kane, Firmino gets hurt then their wide forwards step up and play as a striker. Their back ups are Kevin-Prince Boateng, Llorente and Origi, not a 60m Auba/Laca.

We don’t have to replace Auba/Laca, that’s the point, we just have to buy actual wide forwards who can fill in when necessary. We should increase the quality in other positions before we think of serious squad depth like a 60m back up striker, we’re not City.

Who do you propose? Pepe? He is sought after by top clubs I think for big money. Anyone else?

drippin

Anyway we would then need 2 players who can surely fill in as a striker. Nketiah as 3rd is likely too big gamble at this point for a club like Arsenal.

blaze_of_glory

If Suarez, Kane, Firmino gets hurt then their wide forwards step up and play as a striker. Their back ups are Kevin-Prince Boateng, Llorente and Origi, not a 60m Auba/Laca.

We don’t have to replace Auba/Laca, that’s the point, we just have to buy actual wide forwards who can fill in when necessary. We should increase the quality in other positions before we think of serious squad depth like a 60m back up striker, we’re not City.
They frequently play together though. Auba can and has played wide forward, and scored goals. And they are friends who seem to motivate each other.

We should be looking to improve on the likes of Iwobi and Mkhi to help our two strikers, who are basically the only reason we have been able to score any goals this year at all with the way the team is set up to attack. If we can show next season that we aren't reliant on individual performances from strikers like we were this year then we can look at moving one of them on (likely Auba imo given age, etc).

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Who do you propose? Pepe? He is sought after by top clubs I think for big money. Anyone else?
Pepe would be ideal but I think he’s out of our price range atm. Zaha is an alternative if we can get him for a decent price at around 40-50m. Eddie 3rd choice striker

I like to believe Emery has a plan and I think he has seen enough of Lacazette. If we can manage 80 M for him we jump at that. We can use Lacazette then as a benchmark! When we finally sold a player for fee over his value!

In the future we maybe look back to this moment and think. This is were it all began!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They frequently play together though. Auba can and has played wide forward, and scored goals. And they are friends who seem to motivate each other.

We should be looking to improve on the likes of Iwobi and Mkhi to help our two strikers, who are basically the only reason we have been able to score any goals this year at all with the way the team is set up to attack. If we can show next season that we aren't reliant on individual performances from strikers like we were this year then we can look at moving one of them on (likely Auba imo given age, etc).
Exactly. Auba in particular often looks lost without Laca. They push each other on. The one thing that seems to work consistently for us is their partnership. It would be absolutely stupid to break it up unless there is a clear and guaranteed improvement which I just don't see realistically happening.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Rumour has it that Barcelona are interested in Lacazette. If they came in with a substantial enough bid for him (£70m+) then I would take the money and run.

Avoiding the criticisms that I have of Lacazette's game, having both Lacazette and Aubameyang unbalances our starting 11. Sell Lacazette and reinvest in other areas of the squad - could get two first team players with that money, without touching our budget and while maintaining one of the PL top scorers? This seems like a massive win scenario for me.

Arsenal fans are way too sentimental over players, which is why we lose them for little to no value.

Would be reluctant to include Umtiti into any deal - I think we could get better value elsewhere and his injury record worries me for what Barcelona would value him at.

Personally, I think this would be a great deal for all parties, and Lacazette would be a hit in La Liga.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
The problem is that 70M isn’t even that much money if we’re buying a replacement.

You’ll end up having to spend that on a Zaha or Pepe which is a sideways move at best.
Yeh exactly there's risk of them flopping, or us going backwards again until they get used to our system and the league (if they're from abroad)

People talking about balance but if we signed a creative number 8 and a proper wide man who takes on players and has a good delivery we can have a lot of success with auba and laca. I really think the 4231 worked well with Auba coming in from the left. The issue was our other flank had no width either and the RM would come inside also. With a proper winger, and a CAM/CM who actually gets more involved in our play, our attack could suddenly look extremely dangerous.

drippin

Pepe would be ideal but I think he’s out of our price range atm. Zaha is an alternative if we can get him for a decent price at around 40-50m. Eddie 3rd choice striker

How do you reckon Zaha is that cheap? Mahrez was 68 million euros and he was 1,5 years older at the time of sale. I think thats quite good comparison. Although isn't Zaha also HG? So price should be more in that sense.

I would think Zaha costs more like 80-90 million. Premier League teams have money nowadays so why sell best players cheap. Zaha also has contract until 2023 so no way they sell him cheap. These cheap suggestion assumptions like also about Dembele are weird to me.

Potential players who are cheap are usually the ones who don't have long contracts.

And are you sure Arsenal should risk Eddie starting games if one or two of our strikers get injured? We don't know his level. If one is long-term injured, then the second one will get much strain and injuries come easier. Also needs some rotation with european games.

And if the new winger goes to striker we lose our good width we needed with him.

Last edited:

ChefMan21

Does he want to leave? Would've liked to have heard something from him by now, and I haven't seen anything.

Can't say I like it when you have a transfer situation that rears its head for a two or three seasons in a row following interest from a bigger club, before the player eventually leaves. I look at someone like De Gea, who I would say is now at a much weaker Man Utd in terms of club stature, and there's every possibility he leaves this season - for less than he was originally worth because he's run down his contract after having his head turned. In some cases you even lose them for nothing while another club gains everything...

If his head has been turned then I think we should be seriously considering that pretty big wad of cash that's on offer.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
£70m would get us a top quality winger, with Auba in the middle our team would be more balanced. Then we focus on CB, LB, CM with our budget + the sale of Mustafi, Elneny and Co.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

From what I understand upgrade means he is better than Lacazette. Lacazette's last season in Lyon resulted in 28+3. Dembele has 13+5 this season. Same amount of games but ~600 minutes less for Moussa.

In EPL Lacazette has this season 13+10 with ~700 minutes more than Dembele. Last season 14+5 with ~400 minutes more than Dembele this season in Ligue 1. EPL is the best league in the World.

So he is not an upgrade yet. That is clear trolling. Seems potential though.

And how do you know he will cost 50 million dealing with Aulas? When Lacazette cost 53 million euros after many goal rich seasons in Lyon, but Dembele being younger? With prices going up? He has contract until 2023. Lacazette had maybe 2, not sure.
Clear trolling alright then.

At the same age at the same club Lacazette featured in 54 games and scored 22 goals. Moussa 40 appeareances 17 goals. Moussa had over 15 goals in one season in the championship as a teenager at Fulham, grabbed Scottish football by the scruff of the neck, has scored in the Europa League and Champions league as well. His French under 21 record is also better than Lacazettes. His big game record is fantastic.

Do I have bias, yes of course. I've watched him as a teenager develop into a young man flourishing in both Scotland and France. He is better than Lacazette now and also when Lacazette was the same age. He has more to his game than Lacazette and will only continue to improve.
As for the price tag. Lyon stand to make 30m on a player they bought less than 12 months ago. That in itself is a convincing reason to sell. Ourselves, United, Sp**s, Atletico are all currently credited with an interest in him which also suggests it's not just my green and white bias he is actually viewed as a talented forward who will only improve further.

DasBootist

Good luck getting a player with a 21 goals/assists (in 27 starts) return for £70,000,000 in the current market.

As countless others have said before me, it just wouldn't be worth it.

ChefMan21

If Barca were to give us Umtiti and Gomes, we got Rabiot on a free, and Brandt for very little, I think our side would be much, much stronger?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd only even think about selling this guy if we got a crazy offer like £60m + Umtiti and then we signed a really quality winger as a replacement.

Thats the only way this really improves us.. but what winger is there out there that doesnt pose a risk considering Lacazette's effect on the side ? Not many.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If Barca were to give us Umtiti and Gomes, we got Rabiot on a free, and Brandt for very little, I think our side would be much, much stronger?

Dembele and Umtiti for Lacazette and 40M and they’ve got a deal.

Otherwise they can f*ck off. Gomes is the Iberian Xhaka.

Latest posts

Top Bottom