• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

hahaha that would mean they value Laca at like 150m++

I think as a pair they won’t get as much as you’d think on the market.

Both are extremely injury prone and Dembélé hasn’t settled nearly as well as they’d have liked. Most of their fans want him gone so they can have a run at Griezmann.

As for Umtiti he’s never managed more than 25 league games in a season there and has very dodgy knees apparently. If they do end up getting De Ligt I think he’ll be gone quickly.

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Our players are never ever ever worth these crazy sums we see now. We always overexpect. Lacazette wouldn't go for much more than £50m and that's a fact. We have bullshit in charge of our negotiations and our best assets don't even play to their potential due to myriad factors.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
In the football world is Lacazette more hyped now or less than when we signed him?

Would love 150m but really he is now two years older & dropped from 28 league goals to 14 in 17/18 & 13 in 18/19.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Laca is not half the player

Liverpool is a much better team without Coutinho.
Barça too, and are already looking to sell him.

He's a Youtube player.

Our players are never ever ever worth these crazy sums we see now. We always overexpect. Lacazette wouldn't go for much more than £50m and that's a fact. We have bullshit in charge of our negotiations and our best assets don't even play to their potential due to myriad factors.

Morata went for more than that and never had a good goal scoring record.
We're just bad at selling our players.

Today's market is just crazy and we're not even able to capitalize on that ffs.

Lacazette is a much more complete player now, contributing with more than goals and assists. He is involved with pretty much everything. If Man City or Liverpool had Laca as their main striker, he would easily win the golden boot.

If 24 year old Lukaku goes for 80M, 28 year old Laca goes for 80M too. Problem is there are not too many buyers avalible for 28 year old 80M players.

Our best player. Only reason we should be looking to sell him would be if our transfer budget is poverty, and we had 2 replacements we could reinvest the money in. Nicolas Pepe and Zaha quality.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Clear trolling alright then.

At the same age at the same club Lacazette featured in 54 games and scored 22 goals. Moussa 40 appeareances 17 goals. Moussa had over 15 goals in one season in the championship as a teenager at Fulham, grabbed Scottish football by the scruff of the neck, has scored in the Europa League and Champions league as well. His French under 21 record is also better than Lacazettes. His big game record is fantastic.

Do I have bias, yes of course. I've watched him as a teenager develop into a young man flourishing in both Scotland and France. He is better than Lacazette now and also when Lacazette was the same age. He has more to his game than Lacazette and will only continue to improve.
As for the price tag. Lyon stand to make 30m on a player they bought less than 12 months ago. That in itself is a convincing reason to sell. Ourselves, United, Sp**s, Atletico are all currently credited with an interest in him which also suggests it's not just my green and white bias he is actually viewed as a talented forward who will only improve further.

Yes he is talented and I agree with points related to that. But stats tell us clearly he isn't an upgrade right now. That is trolling.

You said he is upgrade right now so points about "same age" stuff are not relevant. But thank you for info about him.

Aulas is quite a business man from what I know so why would he sell a striker with great potential for not great money if they can keep him easily with his contract situation and surely his price will go up?

I'm pretty sure for Aulas it doesn't matter how much he paid for him. He is in no hurry, we saw the same with Lacazette. Big interest from top clubs is only good for him in any case.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Another point that must be taken into account that players need to adjust to EPL. Usually for a season. To a new team also. So we cannot change too much of our team if not totally necessary.

For me Lacazette as a player of the year goes clearly in the category "not for sale". He cannot and quite likely won't force his way out yet. Probably even wants to see next season with Arsenal.

avalonhse

Clear trolling alright then.

At the same age at the same club Lacazette featured in 54 games and scored 22 goals. Moussa 40 appeareances 17 goals. Moussa had over 15 goals in one season in the championship as a teenager at Fulham, grabbed Scottish football by the scruff of the neck, has scored in the Europa League and Champions league as well. His French under 21 record is also better than Lacazettes. His big game record is fantastic.

Do I have bias, yes of course. I've watched him as a teenager develop into a young man flourishing in both Scotland and France. He is better than Lacazette now and also when Lacazette was the same age. He has more to his game than Lacazette and will only continue to improve.
As for the price tag. Lyon stand to make 30m on a player they bought less than 12 months ago. That in itself is a convincing reason to sell. Ourselves, United, Sp**s, Atletico are all currently credited with an interest in him which also suggests it's not just my green and white bias he is actually viewed as a talented forward who will only improve further.

You are wrong to say 30M is is a convincing reason to sell.

It is Aulas we are talking about. How much current profit is not what his caremost, all he want is selling at the highest as possible. It means he is ready to sell Dembele next season at 70M, instead of 50M this season.

As you said, ourselves, United, Sp**s, Atletico all currently credited with an interest in Dembele, Aulas will not sell someone who can grow more. He is very patient.

1CK1S

You are wrong to say 30M is is a convincing reason to sell.

It is Aulas we are talking about. How much current profit is not what his caremost, all he want is selling at the highest as possible. It means he is ready to sell Dembele next season at 70M, instead of 50M this season.

As you said, ourselves, United, Sp**s, Atletico all currently credited with an interest in Dembele, Aulas will not sell someone who can grow more. He is very patient.

Especially when he'll make Dembele the face of that squad next season.

LGooner98

is Laca still the back up of Giourd in National team? if so, that has changed a bit since he joined us. For me, he only won the player of the season is because he is better than the rest who had poor performance , but not because Laca is a top class player. He wasn't and still isn't

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Both are extremely injury prone and Dembélé hasn’t settled nearly as well as they’d have liked. Most of their fans want him gone so they can have a run at Griezmann.

Agree with this, O.Dembele clearly has the talent but I think there is also a lot of risk in signing him, he is injured a lot and has question marks over his professionalism and consistency.

Could be a very frustrating player who could go either way, as good as he may be I wonder if it would be safer to put the money elsewhere in our current state.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
is Laca still the back up of Giourd in National team? if so, that has changed a bit since he joined us. For me, he only won the player of the season is because he is better than the rest who had poor performance , but not because Laca is a top class player. He wasn't and still isn't
He isn't even a back up, he doesn't get called up at all.

ChefMan21

Has he come out and said he's not interested yet? If not then I think there's every chance his head has been turned and we need to consider the possibility he's leaving. If it has been turned then he needs to leave this transfer window for the reason below. Sometimes players don't care what fans want, only what their personal ambitions and situations warrant. This is the reality.
Does he want to leave? Would've liked to have heard something from him by now, and I haven't seen anything.

Can't say I like it when you have a transfer situation that rears its head for a two or three seasons in a row following interest from a bigger club, before the player eventually leaves. I look at someone like De Gea, who I would say is now at a much weaker Man Utd in terms of club stature, and there's every possibility he leaves this season - for less than he was originally worth because he's run down his contract after having his head turned. In some cases you even lose them for nothing while another club gains everything...

If his head has been turned then I think we should be seriously considering that pretty big wad of cash that's on offer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

@drippin its not trolling. I believe he is a better player now. He can do more than Lacazette and will only continue to get better. It's a no brainer to me. But that's my opinion and it's a firmly held one. You dont need to agree. Nobody needs to agree. 100 times out of 100 I'd rather Moussa Dembele over Lacazette.

Top Bottom