• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That dribble, though. Must have thought he was playing with the reserves. :rofl:

Nice game overall

Gamefaced

He had a really mixed game, the mistakes, but sometimes good going forward with the ball at his feet being a good outlet, on the whole played the majority well.
I sometimes find him to be too relaxed and laidback in defence, he can often react to slow and defend half heartedly allowing players to get round him when he has the obvious pace to counteract it. I give him a bit of leeway as i know it's not his favoured position, but he is doing a job for the team... but still he needs to concentrate more and show more fight in defence as it's a critical point in the season for us.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Gotta say I can't figure out this player at all. Looked like he'd got out of bed 5 minutes before kick-off, then second half playing like TAA. He has the ability to be a key player for us just needs to wake up sometimes

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I like how he's able to recover from bad starts, had a mare to start, but figured it out after a while and played great for the rest of the game. This happened in a few other games too. Of course you don't want him to start badly, but it's a good sign of his mentality that he can turn it around.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Proper weirdo this lad. Can't figure him out at all. Butchered for 45 minutes, got better and an assist.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dopey first half, incredible second. It's admirable that he's able to recover so substantially from initially poor starts.

The next step - less bad starts.

It was pointed out by quite a few that he had to often deal with 2v1s which contributed to his poor first half - and while that did happen, his awareness still could have been better. It's just a case of being focused. As I say, a focused AMN is 100x the player.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
What I noticed is that in the first half just before their goal he was attacking, lost the ball and they broke. He didn't even run back. Not as much as a jog back. As a right wing back if you lose the ball you have to sprint back,even if it is just to cover your central defender while he has moved out to cover you and maybe slow the counter attack up.

There's not a chance if that is Andy Robertson he is doing that. He is sprinting back whether there's no point or not.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
What I noticed is that in the first half just before their goal he was attacking, lost the ball and they broke. He didn't even run back. Not as much as a jog back. As a right wing back if you lose the ball you have to sprint back,even if it is just to cover your central defender while he has moved out to cover you and maybe slow the counter attack up.

There's not a chance if that is Andy Robertson he is doing that. He is sprinting back whether there's no point or not.

AMN is not a fullback, or a wingback. Clearly lacks some basics for that position, like the one you just mentioned.
why even compare him to a fullback to make any point

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Thank absolute f*ck for this lad, an unsung hero of this team imo.

He definitely grows into games and is shaky, but just imagine if we were stuck with Jenks and Litch all season?

Really like this kid, and his fight at the end.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
AMN is not a fullback, or a wingback. Clearly lacks some basics for that position, like the one you just mentioned.
why even compare him to a fullback to make any point

Because regardless of your best position you have to fulfil the roles you are and have been doing for the last 3-4 months.

And losing the ball and running back in position to try and retrieve it isn't a skill set solely for one position. It's a basic requirement of any player.

Lose the ball run to win it back.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Because regardless of your best position you have to fulfil the roles you are and have been doing for the last 3-4 months.

And losing the ball and running back in position to try and retrieve it isn't a skill set solely for one position. It's a basic requirement of any player.

Lose the ball run to win it back.

don't agree cause you are talking perfect world here.
first of all as a wingback you have extra cover behind and they should be dealing with that properly, as playing wingback means you need to offer more offensively then a fullback in 4 man D. that alone makes comparison to Robertson not really relevant.
2nd of all, Niles is not a up and down the flank player, he does have concentration problems and once again, is not natural there. yes, he keeps doing similar mistakes game in game out and could have learned from it surely, but not everyone is the same, our form/tactics/players missed/out of form, are not of help either.

my main concern about your initial post was that you compared what would a in form fullback in a in form club do, against not so in form club, not so in form player in a different system playing out of position do. unrealistic in a first place

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
don't agree cause you are talking perfect world here.
first of all as a wingback you have extra cover behind and they should be dealing with that properly, as playing wingback means you need to offer more offensively then a fullback in 4 man D. that alone makes comparison to Robertson not really relevant.
2nd of all, Niles is not a up and down the flank player, he does have concentration problems and once again, is not natural there. yes, he keeps doing similar mistakes game in game out and could have learned from it surely, but not everyone is the same, our form/tactics/players missed/out of form, are not of help either.

my main concern about your initial post was that you compared what would a in form fullback in a in form club do, against not so in form club, not so in form player in a different system playing out of position do. unrealistic in a first place

What I'm saying is what a player with passion and determination who wants to make sure he stays in the starting 11 would do compared to what AMN is.

We clearly didn't have enough cover as they scored. Had he ran back and tried to help he may have been in the box to make a block.

Even at under 10s football if your right back loses the ball in the opponents half youd be telling them to run back. It really is simple however if your don't see anything wrong with that and just jogging back is sufficient then your part of the problem too. I want players who work tirelessly and when lose the ball retrieve it. Not dander back because he thinks we have cover.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I get furious when I see that lackadaisical jogging.

But then he shows his class afterwards.

Potential to be a hell of a player. Just no idea in which position.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Probably my favourite in the squad now that Ramsey is gone.

Local lad, from the youth team and a good player. Just going to keep getting better as long as he stays injury free.

Doubt he’ll ever be world class but he has the makings of a very solid player.

Top Bottom