• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner-Union

I do think his injury record is playing a part In Barca wanting to sell. If he can stay fit then he’s a great defender and would be a good signing BUT

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Too low a price to even come to the negotiating table you feel?

Much to low.
It's Red Bull, they have exactly no need to sell players, especially their best and now with Nagelsmann next season.

I would even say, that they could go for the title next season.
Don't think we should look at players from Leipzig with our budget, only if players are close to the end of their contract (like Bayern with Werner).

Their scouting should be an example for us (RB Salzburg and Leipzig). Many young players, nearly no one is a flop and all increased their value very fast.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Much to low.
It's Red Bull, they have exactly no need to sell players, especially their best and now with Nagelsmann next season.

I would even say, that they could go for the title next season.
Don't think we should look at players from Leipzig with our budget, only if players are close to the end of their contract (like Bayern with Werner).

Their scouting should be an example for us (RB Salzburg and Leipzig). Many young players, nearly no one is a flop and all increased their value very fast.

Definitely sounds like the model we should be targeting going forward.

Wenger's loyalty to many of the crop of youngsters, who came through during his time who were not up to the standards of Arsenal, cost us big.

We need a new approach & this seems our best bet.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He may have been im just stating is has been done before regarding knee injury prone players.
surely there is plenty of knee injured players who cam back perfectly fine. I couldn't name them cause I don't remember such things.
none of us really know about his health, it might be blown out of proportion.
I'll trust professionals to deal with that

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I really wanted him, but his injury problems are a major cause for concern..

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yeah no thanks. Cba with injury prone players anymore.

Has he really been so injury prone though? Before this knee injury, Umtiti had played 40 or more games in 4 of the previous 5 seasons (and just missed with 38 in the year he didn't make 40). He hasn't really been more injury prone than the average player. Virgil van Dijk reached 40 appearances for a Premier League club for the first time just this season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Has he really been so injury prone though? Before this knee injury, Umtiti had played 40 or more games in 4 of the previous 5 seasons (and just missed with 38 in the year he didn't make 40). He hasn't really been more injury prone than the average player. Virgil van Dijk reached 40 appearances for a Premier League club for the first time just this season.

Maybe not injury prone as per say but the knee stuff sounds nasty. Says he needs an operation as well. Who know how that is going to effect him.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Maybe not injury prone as per say but the knee stuff sounds nasty. Says he needs an operation as well. Who know how that is going to effect him.

Well, as I've said before in this thread, Arsenal needs to be sure (or as close as possible). But the link from this morning says that after the "conservative treatment" he's undergone "there's optimism that could be end of issues." So that sounds hopeful. I'll let the doctors figure it out.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Their scouting should be an example for us (RB Salzburg and Leipzig). Many young players, nearly no one is a flop and all increased their value very fast

Still got to factor in their feeder system:
RB Leipzig at the top of the chain, then RB Salzburg who have their own domestic feeder club in FC Liefering, then there's RB NY - who are a bit useless - plus by now two clubs in Brazil: RB Brasil and CA Bragantino.

Even excluding the smaller clubs, they got the power and infrastructure of two CL tier clubs combined. So they basically have twice the Scouting DP anyone else has. They got various options to develop players.

In terms of conceptual, infrastructural and analytical work they're really admirable. They're transfers are 99% hits because they exactly know what they need in a player and then go for those profiles. And then they've got the money to back that up. Shame they're just a plastic club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom