• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If we getting him for free and with low wages then it worth a risk

In fact, I'd say there is no risk. As Spencer points out, he's not ready to play in the Premier League, but he might with some seasoning on loan in the Championship. With the minimal fee involved in signing him, no big deal if he doesn't work out.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It’s a weird one because you can see that he’s too good for league one but he’s going to be the same age as Dele Alli by next season so you wonder how high his ceiling really is. I don’t think a Championship loan is the best for him, try and send him to a Palace or Watford imo.

If anything it makes me rate Bielik all the more as he’s younger than Aribo and has completely dominated League 1. Whether we sign Aribo or not he has to get game time next year.

benjamin86

Established Member
It’s a weird one because you can see that he’s too good for league one but he’s going to be the same age as Dele Alli by next season so you wonder how high his ceiling really is. I don’t think a Championship loan is the best for him, try and send him to a Palace or Watford imo.

If anything it makes me rate Bielik all the more as he’s younger than Aribo and has completely dominated League 1. Whether we sign Aribo or not he has to get game time next year.
Kante was playing in Ligue 2 at same age if that adds any context.

I don't think he would play for Watford or Palace. Definitely not Watford they are fairly well stocked in midfield even if they sell Doucoure with Capoue, Quina, Chalobah, Cleverly, Hughes and Wilmot all able to play in Gracia's 2.

Gunner-Union

If we get him see if he’s ready for next season after training with us you never know how being with better players and fitness etc could improve him tons.
That article claims he’s a forward when from what I’ve heard he’s more of a dacoure box 2 box mid

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Kante was playing in Ligue 2 at same age if that adds any context.

I don't think he would play for Watford or Palace. Definitely not Watford they are fairly well stocked in midfield even if they sell Doucoure with Capoue, Quina, Chalobah, Cleverly, Hughes and Wilmot all able to play in Gracia's 2.

I’m thinking whether Watford lose Doucoure basically. Same with Palace as I think Hodgson prefers aggressive central midfielders to playmakers like Max Meyer.

My fear is we send him to the championship and still don’t really know what we have with him.

But yeah he’s on a free so I guess it’s not that big a deal, just hope we give Bielik and Willock chances next year if we’re looking for young players.

benjamin86

Established Member
I’m thinking whether Watford lose Doucoure basically. Same with Palace as I think Hodgson prefers aggressive central midfielders to playmakers like Max Meyer.

My fear is we send him to the championship and still don’t really know what we have with him.

But yeah he’s on a free so I guess it’s not that big a deal, just hope we give Bielik and Willock chances next year if we’re looking for young players.
Quina should replace Doucoure, the games i saw him play he looked fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised if he's next seasons (under appreciated) break out player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Quina should replace Doucoure, the games i saw him play he looked fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised if he's next seasons (under appreciated) break out player.

Interesting, haven’t seen much of Watford this year tbh, I’ll keep an eye out for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom