• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Would you rather

What would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We can't have Sp**s winning the Champions League before us. It's bad enough that Chelsea managed it.

At least with Chelsea it was all thanks to Roman Abramovich spending billions.

Sp**s spent no money and built a new stadium, basically us 10 years ago. If they win the CL we can't take the piss outta them for being losers.

But alas I will always go with Arsenal winning.

progman07

Established Member
I don’t get the big deal about us getting back in the CL? It will be nice to be back in there but it’s not gonna change how the club is run? The lack of ambition will remain the same.
I'd like to see how Emery can perform on his first transfer window where he has a say, and with CL he has a much bigger pool to choose from, than without.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Sp**s winning CL before Arsenal would be too hard to take.

We wouldn’t do f*ck all in the CL, we lose to top 6 teams in the league often enough and we won’t sign anyone of note anyways so 2nd option is a defo no brainer for me.

Whoever is ok with Sp**s winning CL must be new to this Arsenal melarky.

jus2nang

Option A. I'm not interested in Sp**s - I'm concerned about the fortunes of Arsenal. They're going from strength to strength regardless. No champions league for us next season sends us plummeting in my opinion and damages us for a few years.

Definitely option A.

One could argue that Sp**s' success has a direct impact on Arsenal.

First of all they'll become stronger than us financially. Secondly they'll be more attractive for potential transfer targets (them winning the CL will have a bigger impact than us failing to qualify for another season).

Them becoming more attractive is bad news for us.

It's already difficult for us to compete for players against other PL teams without being considered the inferior side in North London.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Have to concentrate on ourselves. Success breeds success, as long as we win something that’s all that matters.

Winning the EL and getting CL will improve our status to potential transfer targets too, the club will be “on the up”.

Let’s do our thing.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
One could argue that Sp**s' success has a direct impact on Arsenal.

First of all they'll become stronger than us financially. Secondly they'll be more attractive for potential transfer targets (them winning the CL will have a bigger impact than us failing to qualify for another season).

Them becoming more attractive is bad news for us.

It's already difficult for us to compete for players against other PL teams without being considered the inferior side in North London.

Us becoming less attractive is a bigger concern, or at least it should be. They are in the Champions league next year regardless. Their stock has risen regardless (a bit like Liverpool's did after reaching last years final). We aren't going to be competing for any kind of real talent by not winning this Europa league.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Let Sp**s win and we beat them in the super finale and 1 up them

We need some hunger in our team anyway

Being underdogs Next season will be our route

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If we both win the finals then we should just forfeit the super cup imo. Don’t think I’d be able to watch us play against the champions league winners Sp**s as the EL winning team. We’ve been through enough at that point.

Jae

We've been laughing at Sp**s for years, there was always going to come a time when it was going to bite us on the arse.

Anyone who votes for the second option is a proper fan in my eyes. F*ck what other teams are doing, we need to be doing what's best for ourselves, and that's winning the EL.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we were serious about improving as a club than being in the CL shouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference.

EL is only relevant becomes it gets you into the CL and we want them to win that?

FinnGooner

Established Member
Being champions of Europe would give the Spuds massive base to build on. They will already be rolling in the dough having gotten to the final, but the trophy will cement their place as a potential super club that'll top players will be attracted to.

That's bs. As long as they refuse to pay the same wages and transfer fees as the Real Madrids, Cities, PSGs and Barcelonas of this world, they won't compete in the same market. When Porto won the CL, they didn't become a super club. Neither did Liverpool after their 2005 CL win.

If Sp**s win the CL do you really think players will go: "Oh **** they're good. They must now win the CL every year. I'll go there and take a pay cut because trophies are now guaranteed.". Sp**s's attractiveness has already gone up with the new stadium and the fact they're in the CL final and have finished in the PL top 4 consitently. Whether they win the final or not, it doesn't make a huge difference in terms of their stature as a club. Money still rules at the end of the day.

Of course it'll hurt like hell if they win the CL and life will be bleak for us Arsenal fans for awhile, especially for those living in London, but one trophy does not reinvent a club

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Option A but obviously on an alternative vote basis - reserving the right to transfer to Option B, exercisable till midnight on 30 May.

I subscribe to my late uncle’s “old Jewish proverb” - when you have a choice, take both.

Giroud12

Might be a bit controversial but I think I might dislike Chelsea more than Sp**s. When you´re not living in the UK I don´t think the whole local rivalry feels the same, especially when Sp**s has been a nothing team for decades. I grew up with Man U as the main rivals and the way Chelsea has bought success just feels wrong. Losing to Chelsea would be horrible, especially as they are as worse as us (if not worse) and fluked their way to the final. So option 1 for me.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
That's bs. As long as they refuse to pay the same wages and transfer fees as the Real Madrids, Cities, PSGs and Barcelonas of this world, they won't compete in the same market. When Porto won the CL, they didn't become a super club. Neither did Liverpool after their 2005 CL win.

If Sp**s win the CL do you really think players will go: "Oh **** they're good. They must now win the CL every year. I'll go there and take a pay cut because trophies are now guaranteed.". Sp**s's attractiveness has already gone up with the new stadium and the fact they're in the CL final and have finished in the PL top 4 consitently. Whether they win the final or not, it doesn't make a huge difference in terms of their stature as a club. Money still rules at the end of the day.

Of course it'll hurt like hell if they win the CL and life will be bleak for us Arsenal fans for awhile, especially for those living in London, but one trophy does not reinvent a club
Porto was limited by being in a poor league and Liverpool by ownership issues though. Lets not forget that winning the CL made Hazard choose a Chelsea that finished fifth over Man U who were the best team in the league with the best manager. So clearly at least some players do think a club that wins the CL is going places.

Already when you hear some of the word the Ajax kids who Barcelona are chasing have said about Tottenham, it's obvious they are already an attractive club to the best talents in Europe. And who is to say that if they win the CL they won't go out and splash the cash and pay higher wages just like Liverpool did? No one said Tottenham winning the CL will make them a super club overnight, but it's a process that would greatly benefit it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Porto was limited by being in a poor league and Liverpool by ownership issues though. Lets not forget that winning the CL made Hazard choose a Chelsea that finished fifth over Man U who were the best team in the league with the best manager. So clearly at least some players do think a club that wins the CL is going places.

Already when you hear some of the word the Ajax kids who Barcelona are chasing have said about Tottenham, it's obvious they are already an attractive club to the best talents in Europe. And who is to say that if they win the CL they won't go out and splash the cash and pay higher wages just like Liverpool did? No one said Tottenham winning the CL will make them a super club overnight, but it's a process that would greatly benefit it.

I think Money convinced Hazard. Sp**s will always be a stepping stone for players and I can't think of a team who have became huge as a direct result of winning the champions league. Not Porto, not Inter. The other winners were already highly desirable and Chelsea don't count as arab money made them attractive well before that famous night.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Will always put my teams interests first, everything else can be annoying but at the end of the day irrelevant. If Tottenham win, good for them. I am not English, i have not been raised up to 'hate' as a supporter and i don't have many friends that support them. I will tip my hat for the and say well done and then i will take a summer break from football, and return with excitement for next season.

Ofc i'd rather we win EL and Sp**s CL.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Might be a bit controversial but I think I might dislike Chelsea more than Sp**s. When you´re not living in the UK I don´t think the whole local rivalry feels the same, especially when Sp**s has been a nothing team for decades. I grew up with Man U as the main rivals and the way Chelsea has bought success just feels wrong. Losing to Chelsea would be horrible, especially as they are as worse as us (if not worse) and fluked their way to the final. So option 1 for me.

Hear hear. I dislike Utd and Man City way more than i dislike Sp**s.

Top Bottom