• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Players we were strongly kinked with that didn't amount to much elsewhere ... Thing is, I still feel a fair few of the players could have done well here. It's about timing and the right environment most of the time. As great as some of our players turned out, would they have been as good elsewhere and had the same progression trajectory? The wrong/right turn can be the difference between superstardom and 'mediocrity'. It's a funny old game.

But... Higuain. Fat scaredy-cat mug.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Higuain was quality at Madrid, put up great numbers despite being behind Benzema and Ronaldo in the pecking order. His career went downhill when he went to Italy. Scored plenty in the league for sure but did nothing of note in the CL, bottled the WC final etc

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Higgy 2013, or when Juve bought him?

We would've benefited even in 2016 but we obviously didn't have the 80M. Voted Juve's MVP both seasons he was there, but then Ronaldo became available.
Never impressed me and never really seemed like a player that would fit our playstyle /PL. Think playing in Italy rejuvenated his career and masked his deficiencies at top level. Too similar too Giroud, but finishing wise one level higher.

I believe Benzema would have us seriously pushing for the league multiple times between '13 and '17. Guy has the technical ability and can create something around the box.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Never impressed me and never really seemed like a player that would fit our playstyle /PL. Think playing in Italy rejuvenated his career and masked his deficiencies at top level. Too similar too Giroud, but finishing wise one level higher.

I believe Benzema would have us seriously pushing for the league multiple times between '13 and '17. Guy has the technical ability and can create something around the box.

Too similar to which Giroud? The one that played for us that acted like he had never controlled a football in his life at times? The same one who couldn't sprint 40 yards?

Higuain is washed up now but he had more technical ability in his left toe than Giroud did in his entire body. He also had the pace to finish off some devastating counters while at Madrid. How many potential counters have we had over the years that died at Giroud's feet?

Higuain wasn't the best striker in the world but you don't make 190 appearances for Real Madrid and their fickle fans, if you aren't a top level striker.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
To many players we signed I wish we didn't really, I'd say Goucuff at one point we were linked with him every summer, turned out to be a major flop wherever he went.

Top Bottom