• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stephan Lichsteiner Leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I can't believe we've triggered the extension! I thought he had one more year and was going to suggest he be sent on loan for the remainder.

This transfer came 2 or 3 seasons too late.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Are we really extending him ? If so, maybe it's with a view that koscienly and cech (and hopefully mustafi) will be leaving this summer and we need to keep someone who has a bit of experience ?

Seems a very strange decision given how desperate we seem to be to cut costs

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Are we really extending him ? If so, maybe it's with a view that koscienly and cech (and hopefully mustafi) will be leaving this summer and we need to keep someone who has a bit of experience ?

Seems a very strange decision given how desperate we seem to be to cut costs
No we not extending.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why would we extend? I see no other reason than having his presence in dressing room. It makes no sense now, unless very cheap. We have Bellerin (when is he fit?), quite well performing AMN, (Chambers) and the possibility to buy a new one (unlike last season with not money for it).

drippin

Terrible signing.

Terrible negativity with aim to troll and not seeing the whole picture.

He cost nothing and we had not money to buy backup for Bellerin. In hindsight easy to say he didn't perform well for 1st season in EPL. Also in hindsight we can see we needed the backup.

Good experienced signing for free which made sense from the beginning.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We didn't not extend his 1 year option we his contract will run out in 1 of June this year.

He been terrible I was worried about his pace but damn he look out of his depth. Time to retire I think.

drippin

We didn't not extend his 1 year option we his contract will run out in 1 of June this year.

He been terrible I was worried about his pace but damn he look out of his depth. Time to retire I think.

Maybe, or some other league. Anyway why everyone else gets a free pass for 1st season in EPL?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Terrible negativity with aim to troll and not seeing the whole picture.

He cost nothing and we had not money to buy backup for Bellerin. In hindsight easy to say he didn't perform well for 1st season in EPL. Also in hindsight we can see we needed the backup.

Good experienced signing for free which made sense from the beginning.
He was washed up. Don’t see other top clubs making signings like this.

Last edited:

drippin

He was washed up. Don’t see other top clubs making signings like this.

So you say in under 1 year player becomes totally useless? Heh. And you can predict how people perform in EPL in 1st season.

Anyway, your point is that we didn't sign any backup, even for free. And we got national captain for Switzerland in our dressing room. That would've been great hey.

drippin

Because maybe they are more young players Lich is old and won't improve anymore

I'm saying we definitely don't want to extend.

And I'm saying he can perform in some other leagues quite probably. He is Switzerland captain ffs?

And asking why his 1st season in EPL is not seen as 1st season in EPL, which is usually seen as tough for newcomers. But means straight away he should be at retirement home with some great grandmas.

And thank him for service and defensive grit & mentality we needed at the time.

Last edited:

Axel9090

Under no circunstances should we extend. He was a good free option but he'll be 36 mid season next year. At RB we cant be having that.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Good luck to him. Can't have any complaints on the way he handles himself but he just isn't cut out for the league at this point in his career.

Hopefully don't go the cheap route on our next RB signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom