• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign

ArsenalFever

Well obviously I don't rate him as highly as you do, Don't think he would of produced near what he did at United if he were to come here.
My angle is, we get linked to many players who are on the edge of being a top top player but don't look likely to ever reach the heights.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Remy, Ayew brothers, Zaha, Samba, Koulibaly, M'Villa, Benteke, Lukaku and Moratta.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
There are 3 perennial candidates who came up on each transfer period: Alexander Frey was supposed to fill the big gap that we had in barren years with Almunia; Obafemi Martins and Salomon Kalou always were our targets

@albakos gonna come for you

That's true. He was an immense captain at Marseille and I wanted him here. He had a trial here as a youngster, but couldn't make it due to a passport issue. We wer efacing the prospect of having a very young Song or Denilson to play in DM, so Cana would definitely be better :)
Plus to that, he wasn't too bad as captain in his year at Sunderland. He just became disillusioned with life at Sunderland (who wouldn't after spending life in sunny Marseille) and listening to the genius of Steve Bruce.

Giroud12

Michu, forgot about him. What happened to that guy. Just like Bony. City got conned on that one :lol:

Immediately after leaving Swansea, Michu joined Asturian amateurs UP Langreo.[32] On 19 August 2016 he returned to his first club Oviedo, signing a one-year deal.

On 25 July 2017, Michu officially announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 31.

Jesus christ dodged a bullet there :lol::lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That's true. He was an immense captain at Marseille and I wanted him here. He had a trial here as a youngster, but couldn't make it due to a passport issue. We wer efacing the prospect of having a very young Song or Denilson to play in DM, so Cana would definitely be better :)
Plus to that, he wasn't too bad as captain in his year at Sunderland. He just became disillusioned with life at Sunderland (who wouldn't after spending life in sunny Marseille) and listening to the genius of Steve Bruce.

You don’t have to defend him man he was a legit good player! Think he made a f*cking terrible move to the PL like you say and rather than kicking on here he clearly wanted to get away.

Maybe if we’d have signed him when Flamini and Gilberto left history may have been different. Who knows?

Thomas Lemar imagine end up spending 80M on this guy. 3 goals 6 assists with A. Madrid this season after spending 65M pounds in him:lol:

We’ve done him no favours whatsoever though, it’s actually painful when he’s in the side because Simeone clearly doesn’t know how to use him. He’d rather stick Saul and Koke on the wings and play narrow.

Lemar needs a possession based side and freedom to make runs. I’d actually consider bringing him here because his game suits us so much better, he’s still very young and I reckon he’d be gettable at a knock down price soon.

He’s probably not worth 80M but if Arsenal had bought him think he’d be a hell of a lot better than he’s showing now. Another quality attacking player misused by Atletico.

benjamin86

Established Member
For what it's worth I wanted Cana here in the summer of 2008 but as it turned out later on, he didn't quite make a great impression in the PL.
Same, thought he might add a bit of nastyness and grit to a soft team. At Sunderland he was played out of position a bunch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Schneiderlin is the big one for me, was questioning him when he was still at Southampton but everyone and their mothers were convinced he was the missing piece of the puzzle. I think @Rex Banner was one of others who also wasn't high on him.

Besides that Samba is a good one fairly one dimensional limited CB. Marvin Martin, I mean what has even happened to him?
Ganso.
Bernard (tho he'd probably get a game for us now).
Remy a more one dimensional less prolific and no where near as good of movement version of Auba.
Khedira, for me Madrid got rid at exactly the right time and he wouldn't have been worth it.
Rooney in 2013, Fergie already realised he was finished by leaving him out of the game vs Madrid.
Jovetic, can't remember if he was ever properly linked but by god we really dodged a bullet. Actually you could make a list of strikers between 2013 and 2018 who people were wishlisting and file them under "glad we didn't sign". Most of them came with a "at least he's better than Giroud" as justification for signing them. 95% of them weren't.

And finally Morata. I still remember the debate I had with some guy on here (think it was that Big Blud guy whatever happened to him) talking about how Morata just wasn't a prolific striker. Pointing out to his 7 goals in 34 games. But I was assured that he'd end up becoming a prolific striker and was definitely better than Giroud. Think people even threw in some RvP comparisons. But from day one I was never sold on him.

Tir Na Nog

The thing with Schneiderlin is that Wenger knew him since he was a teenager if there was any moment that Wenger felt he was good enough for Arsenal he'd have snapped him much earlier than his big move to Man United. Alarm bells should ring when Wenger knows about a player for so long but doesn't go for him, it doesn't mean that he thinks he's rubbish or anything like that it just means that there's possibly one or two aspects of the players game where he feels they just can't make the step up and will hold them back.

Tir Na Nog

Diame, Malouda, Jackson Martinez, Luiz Gustavo

Luiz Gustavo is an excellent one, the signing that we absolutely HAD to make back in 2013. **** me what a bullet dodged. I mean we all should have saw it coming from the fact that Pep walked in the doors of Bayern Munich and instantly told him to pack his bags. It also goes to show how underrated Arteta was back then, because all the holding players we got linked to weren't fit to lace his boots.

Jackson Martinez the man responsible for the 28 vs 29 debate, in the end the question marks were right. A 29 year old still playing in the Portuguese league says it all. Didn't stop Simeone from signing him tho..... or Cerci for that matter.

Looking back on it it's kinda funny how people used to get so wound up that we weren't going for so many "flavour of the month" players and used it as a stick to beat Wenger with yeah the majority faded into obscurity. It just goes to show, what do we know?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Schneiderlin is the big one for me, was questioning him when he was still at Southampton but everyone and their mothers were convinced he was the missing piece of the puzzle. I think @Rex Banner was one of others who also wasn't high on him.

Besides that Samba is a good one fairly one dimensional limited CB. Marvin Martin, I mean what has even happened to him?
Ganso.
Bernard (tho he'd probably get a game for us now).
Remy a more one dimensional less prolific and no where near as good of movement version of Auba.
Khedira, for me Madrid got rid at exactly the right time and he wouldn't have been worth it.
Rooney in 2013, Fergie already realised he was finished by leaving him out of the game vs Madrid.
Jovetic, can't remember if he was ever properly linked but by god we really dodged a bullet. Actually you could make a list of strikers between 2013 and 2018 who people were wishlisting and file them under "glad we didn't sign". Most of them came with a "at least he's better than Giroud" as justification for signing them. 95% of them weren't.

And finally Morata. I still remember the debate I had with some guy on here (think it was that Big Blud guy whatever happened to him) talking about how Morata just wasn't a prolific striker. Pointing out to his 7 goals in 34 games. But I was assured that he'd end up becoming a prolific striker and was definitely better than Giroud. Think people even threw in some RvP comparisons. But from day one I was never sold on him.

Khedira has done alright at Juve, him and Cazorla would have been filth together but yeah the rest of those are f*cking atrocious.

Remy’s been a complete non-entity for Crystal Palace, Las Palmas and Getafe ffs.

Another name that deserves mention is Steven Caulker. Absolutely atrocious defender who got hyped because he was English. Utter ****.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Michu, forgot about him. What happened to that guy. Just like Bony. City got conned on that one :lol:

Wow I completely forgot that Bony even exists :lol: had half a good season for Swansea and City were so desperate for a striker who wasn't Aguero they thought Bony was the answer

Latest posts+

Top Bottom