• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players you’re glad we didn’t sign

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Alexis to a new contract. Got absolutely killed on here ~2 years ago for saying we should take the money and run (as the monetary value of the incremental increased chance of getting to the CL was far exceeded by that of his presumptive transfer fee).

That said, I thought Mkhi swap was good business / Mourinho was just misusing him. Whoops.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
M'Villa: Decent player, but he would have started every game for us. And he was never starter quality

Morata: OK player. Stat-padded a lot at Juventus. Giroud is much better than him

Malcom: Nothing player

Nigel Reo Coker: I was sold on him back then, but glad we didn't sign him.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Balotelli a few years back

Remy and Benteke, I'm sure I read Remy/Henry comparisons at some point.

I'm sure there is a lot of other filth that we have been linked with that slips the mind, these days we seem to be connected with anyone.

The amount of current players we could have added to the list is quite a concern :lol:

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You don’t have to defend him man he was a legit good player! Think he made a f*cking terrible move to the PL like you say and rather than kicking on here he clearly wanted to get away.

Maybe if we’d have signed him when Flamini and Gilberto left history may have been different. Who knows?

We’ve done him no favours whatsoever though, it’s actually painful when he’s in the side because Simeone clearly doesn’t know how to use him. He’d rather stick Saul and Koke on the wings and play narrow.

Lemar needs a possession based side and freedom to make runs. I’d actually consider bringing him here because his game suits us so much better, he’s still very young and I reckon he’d be gettable at a knock down price soon.

He’s probably not worth 80M but if Arsenal had bought him think he’d be a hell of a lot better than he’s showing now. Another quality attacking player misused by Atletico.

I agree. I think Lemar just made the wrong move, and his price was because he was one of the last key players of that great Monaco team to be sold.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Balotelli is a bonafide talent, though.

Still only 28, would you believe it?

Agreed, but you add Balotelli into our mix especially when Sanchez was here and you could be asking for trouble.

Its always the baggage he brings and there is a reason he is playing in the farmers league after multiple opportunities to be elsewhere.

Edit; now contemplating Balotelli/Sanchez fight could have been amazing to watch..

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No, I wouldn’t. **** me! He should be in his prime, but I think of him as obviously over the hill.
Go figure. He can do it all.

I still admire him. I'd have taken him when he left $ity.

Forgotten all about him, absolutely shocking player. :lol:

Villa massively overpaid for him in the end.
It's the damn sweatbands. If an athlete wears a sweatband, he's legit.

Steffi Graf
Steff%20Grafjpg

Nadal:
3259.jpg

Federer:
5b5841169b191a30008b4704-750-500.jpg

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Oh no he was considered a serious talent at one point. He had a ridiculous record for Brazil’s youth teams too. Inter signed him thinking he was the next big thing.. turns out he wasn’t all that good. Sort of like Keirrison.

Just looked him up, Brazil u17 he was 7games 8goals, however his club career consisted of 58 games total and hes now retired at 31.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Had to look this guy up. The way they deal with him at 0:20 :lol:

Its like the defenders are truly baffled by it like a man is creating fire in front of them for the first time, I say this as a purely amateur footballer but surely just run beside him and time a header, its a very limited trick he's got going on there and to be fair he can't exactly cross it with his head, just run along until he has to bring it down :lol:

If he genuinely created a career out of this and a move to Inter Milan that's incredible, I understand he must have had some other abilities but a gimmick goes a long way in marketing..

Latest posts+

Top Bottom