• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Finances

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It only looks bad because our new commercial deals haven’t kicked in and they have for all the others (plus no champions league money). You can add £50m in commercial revenue to that figure with the new sponsorship/kit deals. If we make top 4 add another £20-30m. Doesn’t look so bad then does it?

It doesn't, but that still doesn't excuse that prick Gazidis.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Glad to see we are not getting totally ripped off here. Liverpool though :eek:

Tottenham spending the same amount as us despite not signing anyone :lol: The lengths they go to with their obsession. Did they even sell anyone for big money this season?

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Tottenham spending the same amount as us despite not signing anyone :lol: The lengths they go to with their obsession. Did they even sell anyone for big money this season?

Can't think of anyone. Probably a large chunk went to Kane's agent when he signed the new contract (in crayon, I believe)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

How did they manage that :lol: They spent more than many clubs who did buy players!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

This is why we have to be in the CL to try and keep up with the rest. Individual mistakes have cost us big time.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
So Champions League football is worth about €30m euros more than what it was when we were last in it. A quarter final run is worth €50m more than winning the Europa.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can anyone explain why we get less money than Chelsea when their opponents in UEL were quite easy and not interesting? I thought it mattered to TV money.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Can anyone explain why we get less money than Chelsea when their opponents in UEL were quite easy and not interesting? I thought it mattered to TV money.

They get more money based on the coefficients and being in it through winning the FA Cup. Finishing 6th gets a smaller share.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
None of this explains why our budget should be peanuts. And shows its not the end of the world if you dont get CL for signing players. The money difference isnt terrible, you just can't attract as many players so have to be clever in the market

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

None of this explains why our budget should be peanuts. And shows its not the end of the world if you dont get CL for signing players. The money difference isnt terrible, you just can't attract as many players so have to be clever in the market
Exactly afew years ago you got 60m for winning the cl, its the only the last 2-3 years where it has rocketed. We should have 100m available if we win the EL

scytheavatar

Established Member

r0ceong1aux21.jpg

Except our budget is not peanuts. We have Europa league players on Champions league wages.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
r0ceong1aux21.jpg

Except our budget is not peanuts. We have Europa league players on Champions league wages.
:eek: Need to get rid of Mkhy and Özil asap, will make a huge difference to budget (as well as overpaid players like Welbeck, Cech and Lichsteiner leaving).

We have a chance this summer to clear almost £1million in wages per week with everyone expected leaving as well as the two I mentioned.
A lot of the players we sign need to be of younger ilk (and therefore on lower wages) with the prospect of increasing in value. I think I saw an article recently saying that will be Edu's target to be fair.

On the other hand though we do need a few players of actual quality in the lineup. I hope we get the balance right and understand sometimes you gotta invest money to make money.

field442

Trusted ⭐
Interesting.

With the new TV deal that came in this season the difference between the two competitions is even worse. We're getting €40m for our EL campaign if we win on Wednesday, Man Utd got €93m for making the quarter finals in the CL this year. When we were last in it we got €64m. We're missing out on a potential €53m in revenue and that's without factoring in better ticket sales and pricier tickets. For a model like ours that's massive.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom