• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: Lad of Luscious Locks

Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
It isn't that much, they gave Torreira 70k/week after one good season in Italy.
PSG would probably offer 150k/week :lol:.

Last edited:

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
It's normal.
for a 5 year deal and no add ons hopefully, it's a good deal. Don't need to worry about it for another 3 years then

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
CIES rates him as 2nd most valuable young player, 70 millions.

If Arsenal didn't make new contract to that kind of talent, people would complain later why we lose him for cheap if he blooms and gets interest from big clubs. It's good to secure clear assets.
One of the problems of the previous regime was giving young players big contracts too early and then not being able to shift them, there's no guarantee Guendouzi will become a top player.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

One of the problems of the previous regime was giving young players big contracts too early and then not being able to shift them, there's no guarantee Guendouzi will become a top player.

How many times Arsenal player has been 2nd in that CIES ranking? I guess not many in recent years.

How many players under 20 have played regularly in Arsenal in recent years like Guendouzi this year?

I think he is worth 20-30 million minimum now even if he somewhat flops.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
How many times Arsenal player has been 2nd in that CIES ranking? I guess not many in recent years.

How many players under 20 have played regularly in Arsenal in recent years like Guendouzi this year?

I think he is worth 20-30 million minimum now even if he somewhat flops.

Iwobi was the last one to play that much as a 19/20 year old. He hasn’t progressed much since his debut.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I though we signed him for 5 years in the first place, but according to the article he has only 3 years on his contract, so extending him is a no-brainer really, 75k/week is Elneny/Iwobi territory.
Still can't understand how the **** Carl Jenkinson got 50k/week in 2015(!) for being our 3rd choice(!!) RB(!!!), absolute mental. Hope Wenger writes a chapter about that in his book!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Iwobi was the last one to play that much as a 19/20 year old. He hasn’t progressed much since his debut.

Yeah. He is still worth quite much, isn't he HG? 25 million according to Transfermarkt.

I though we signed him for 5 years in the first place, but according to the article he has only 3 years on his contract, so extending him is a no-brainer really, 75k/week is Elneny/Iwobi territory.
Still can't understand how the **** Carl Jenkinson got 50k/week in 2015(!) for being our 3rd choice(!!) RB(!!!), absolute mental. Hope Wenger writes a chapter about that in his book!

We don't want to let him go to the last 2 years of contract. I think he wants a raise also and is happy to get playing time in a big club.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I love that he offers a way of playing out of a press from deep. However he needs to make sure that the risky pass through the lines is on. There was a moment yesterday where he tried to play it forward to someone but the recipient wasn't expecting the pass and the opposition got to it. This was in our own half.
Theres a lot in our team who aren't expecting a pass. No reading of the game at all. Prime Kos was very good and whilst Guendouzi shouldn't be reckless, his team mates should be told to raise their game so we do inadvertently lower standards and revert to sideways passing.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He has a huge amount of potential, even if he’s not there yet. Better than any of our youngsters so far.

But progression isn’t guaranteed, or necessarily linear.

Ive been a critique but I have no problem with a biggish long term contract for him

The stuff he is missing is stuff that does come with just playing in a well organized team

The question is if Emery is the right man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom