• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Djené Dakonam

say yes

forum master baiter
Unai never played 3 at back when he was at Sevilla if he got the available players he'll go to his favourite formation 433
Yeah agree, if we don’t get any wingers and we keep Lacazette that means it’ll likely still be 5-3-2 as that’s what best suits our personnel.

Agree with you both. Unai would definitely prefer a 433 but at the same time we’ve got: (a) literally no wingers; (b) wingbacks rather than proper fullbacks; and (c) two top CFs.

352 makes sense with this current squad / budget. Can definitely see Unai using it for another year and then moving to a 433 when the squad is more balanced. This signing makes completely sense in that regard.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree with you both. Unai would definitely prefer a 433 but at the same time we’ve got: (a) literally no wingers; (b) wingbacks rather than proper fullbacks; and (c) two top CFs.

352 makes sense with this current squad / budget. Can definitely see Unai using it for another year and then moving to a 433 when the squad is more balanced. This signing makes completely sense in that regard.
I don't think I'll take another season of 3412 it's just too boring and lack creativity I want us to sign some wingers to give us chance to attacking football

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't think I'll take another season of 3412 it's just too boring and lack creativity I want us to sign some wingers to give us chance to attacking football

It’s pretty bleak but if we manage to sh*thouse our way into the CL I can get behind it for another year.

It works in big games but it’s grim watching against the cannon fodder.

say yes

forum master baiter

I agree but if we’ve actually got no money I can understand going down the 352 route. It’s much cheaper than buying some proper wingers.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It’s pretty bleak but if we manage to sh*thouse our way into the CL I can get behind it for another year.

It works in big games but it’s grim watching against the cannon fodder.
I agree but if we’ve actually got no money I can understand going down the 352 route. It’s much cheaper than buying some proper wingers.
With bellerin holding getting fit if we manage to buy winger we'll play most of games wit 433.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

With bellerin holding getting fit if we manage to buy winger we'll play most of games wit 433.

I wonder if he’ll just go spine though, B2B, defender and a back up striker with a Nketiah loan.

Then we can go full back and winger in 2020 and start playing Nelson and ESR first team as well.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
4231 most likely. Same way Emery has been playing pretty much everywhere else

Cool thing about Emery's 4-2-3-1 is that if he gets the players he wants it becomes flexible and easily transforms to a 4-3-3 by pushing the wingers up and dropping the No. 10 into the center of the midfield. Then it can go into a 4-4-2 in the defensive end by dropping the wingers back and moving the No. 10 up with the striker. Certainly not something that would be easy to do with some of the current players.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Cool thing about Emery's 4-2-3-1 is that if he gets the players he wants it becomes flexible and easily transforms to a 4-3-3 by pushing the wingers up and dropping the No. 10 into the center of the midfield. Then it can go into a 4-4-2 in the defensive end by dropping the wingers back and moving the No. 10 up with the striker. Certainly not something that would be easy to do with some of the current players.
He did it at the start of the season with Ramsey at 10 but then he had to sacrifice Laca to the bench which wouldn’t be feasible in the long the run. That’s why we’ll probably see one of the strikers leave this summer so he can go back to that set up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hope we’re not paying 30-35M for him, guy is 28 soon.

You only pay that for someone at that age who you can more or less guarantee to perform.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Lewis Dunk. Can’t think he’ll cost more than 30-35M.

Good one, okay, although haven't seen him much myself. But surely you're wrong about his price.

Brighton stayed in EPL and want to in the future. No need to sell important player for cheap who is HG (?), has contract until 2023 and has two full seasons in EPL at 27 years old as CB.

You can compare him to someone like Stones maybe, although he was much younger. Anyone else? Maguire is different as Hull wasn't in EPL. Prices have gone up especially in EPL.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom