• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Walter Kannemann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Another Brazilian league link. He's 28 though, so he'd have to be proper good for this move to be worth it.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
all I know is that he is a really aggressive. what is his nickname? The Rock, Wall? something like that

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't think this website really reliable let's see if Brazilian media report something soon

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
lefty, experienced, brazilian league. makes sense. cheap.
Djene on top, back 3 there is

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
all I know is that he is a really aggressive. what is his nickname? The Rock, Wall? something like that

Apparently it's The Viking.

All the reports I manged to get here in Brazil are quoting The Mail, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Will ask my gremista friend about him and if there are any rumours.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What you mean there is no risk? We have a budget and we’re signing a 28 year old from South America.

We’ll be relying on him to adjust very quickly, which is asking for a lot from a South American defender just coming to Europe. Very risky signing.

I said hardly any risk, not no risk. It’s £10m at the end of the day, if it doesn’t work out then it’s better than signing another Mustafi for 35m.

We have to be very careful with the money we spend on CB’s. I don’t want a Mustafi situation again. I’d rather sign 3 players at 10m and only one of them be good enough than one flop for 35m.

The time we should be signing someone like Koulibaly/VVD is when we get to the Liverpool level of needed that last one or two to complete the jigsaw. So until then, for me, signing 10m CB’s trying to find one good enough is fantastic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I said hardly any risk, not no risk. It’s £10m at the end of the day, if it doesn’t work out then it’s better than signing another Mustafi for 35m.

We have to be very careful with the money we spend on CB’s. I don’t want a Mustafi situation again. I’d rather sign 3 players at 10m and only one of them be good enough than one flop for 35m.

The time we should be signing someone like Koulibaly/VVD is when we get to the Liverpool level of needed that last one or two to complete the jigsaw. So until then, for me, signing 10m CB’s trying to find one good enough is fantastic.
West Han are signing guys like Diop and here you are happy to accept some 30 year old from South America who at the least will need a season to adjust.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Wow these links are plain depressing. Its not even second or third rate players right now its these random brazilians and south americans as well as league 1 players.

Let's hope this is media speculation based on what Ornstein claimed about our transfer budget

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
West Han are signing guys like Diop and here you are happy to accept some 30 year old from South America who at the least will need a season to adjust.

First of all he’s only just turned 28.

Second of all “guys like Diop” not sure what you’re getting at there. They paid 20-25m for him didn’t they?

And thirdly let me pose a question to you. We can’t fire our whole budget on one defender that’s say 30-40m. So what do you expect exactly? We have Holding and Mavropanos as the young defenders.

We have to find players like this who could potentially be good at 10m. Any player signed, unless they’re like an Auba, are relatively unknown.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
First of all he’s only just turned 28.

Second of all “guys like Diop” not sure what you’re getting at there. They paid 20-25m for him didn’t they?

And thirdly let me pose a question to you. We can’t fire our whole budget on one defender that’s say 30-40m. So what do you expect exactly? We have Holding and Mavropanos as the young defenders.

We have to find players like this who could potentially be good at 10m. Any player signed, unless they’re like an Auba, are relatively unknown.
There's signing unknown players and theres this. At least our usual left field transfer targets or links are of a younger age.

What is the chance this guy comes to England from that farmer league and actually plays better than the likes of Holding/Sokratis/Koscielny? Extremely unlikely and therefore a silly transfer given he is 28 years old. Unless he's randomly been amazing this season idk

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's signing unknown players and theres this. At least our usual left field transfer targets or links are of a younger age.

What is the chance this guy comes to England from that farmer league and actually plays better than the likes of Holding/Sokratis/Koscielny? Extremely unlikely and therefore a silly transfer given he is 28 years old. Unless he's randomly been amazing this season idk

Maybe we are purely looking at him as more solid backup than Mustafi? Because realistically until we get CL football we can’t buy the level we need to take the defence up a gear.

I think the way the teams so unbalanced leaves our defenders exposed anyway, not always all down to the personal.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Maybe we are purely looking at him as more solid backup than Mustafi? Because realistically until we get CL football we can’t buy the level we need to take the defence up a gear.

I think the way the teams so unbalanced leaves our defenders exposed anyway, not always all down to the personal.
It's true that we are unbalanced yeh. I would like this guy over Mustafi as a backup to our starters, but as our only CB signing it would be extremely depressing and make me question even watching football anymore.

Realistically I only see us signing one CB this summer. We need quality not quantity. We have other pressing issues like LB, the wings and replacing Rambo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For what it's worth, those who follow the Brasilian league seem to regard him as one of the top 3 centre backs in South America if not the best. Just putting that out there.
You know what’s telling though? Argentina have absolutely suffered at CB over the years and this guy has never been close to the team.

Also, pushing 30 and still in South America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom