• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Walter Kannemann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

West Han are signing guys like Diop and here you are happy to accept some 30 year old from South America who at the least will need a season to adjust.
Diop is poverty, let's not act like he's a good defender though.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He's been linked to Atletico Madrid as a Godin replacement.

Atletico Madrid will have the almost impossible task of trying to replace Diego Godin in the summer, should the Uruguayan join Inter on a free as expected, but one name that has been linked to Los Rojiblancos is Gremio centre-back Walter Kannemann.

The 27-year-old, nicknamed the 'Viking' in his home nation of Argentina, has already played under Diego Simeone as they were together at San Lorenzo.

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/02/07/5c5c796de2704e65838b456b.html

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I like this one. :lol:

Here's one showcasing his tackling abilities.

Gremio drew Libertad (Paraguay) in the Copa Libertadores Round of 16, which begins July 23. Wonder if he'll still be there?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He’s one of the best defenders in the PL, only 22, been excellent this season.
Holding is better and even Dunk who you listed above is a superior defender. I'm not mesmerized by him being a physical specimen, he's error prone and particularly costed them against us.

With that being said, the potential is obviously there but I could name more than 20 defenders in the PL who have been superior, let's not kid ourselves.

Reactions: roz

Aevi

Hale End FC
He's so aggressive and constantly goes to ground in the clips I've seen, it gives me serious Mustafi vibes.

That honestly concerns me more than his age and league.

BobP

Memri Fan
Why are we being linked to these ****ing farmers?

Just sign Kelly if we're broke and be done with it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I said hardly any risk, not no risk. It’s £10m at the end of the day, if it doesn’t work out then it’s better than signing another Mustafi for 35m.

We have to be very careful with the money we spend on CB’s. I don’t want a Mustafi situation again. I’d rather sign 3 players at 10m and only one of them be good enough than one flop for 35m.

The time we should be signing someone like Koulibaly/VVD is when we get to the Liverpool level of needed that last one or two to complete the jigsaw. So until then, for me, signing 10m CB’s trying to find one good enough is fantastic.

Its these 10mil stop gap signings that we have made in the past few years that have been a problem, Welbeck, Perez, Gabriel, Elneny etc, like others have said he will probably need a season to get going and by then he has no resale value and I imagine will get a 3yr contract.

Getting a bit fed up with players who are just there as cover and not much else. I also genuinely wonder how good Mustafi would be in the Brazilian league, I imagine he would be a top 3 defender over there as well..

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Does he know English?

He might be a very good defender but could struggle if he cannot communicate ala Gabriel

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Does he know English?

He might be a very good defender but could struggle if he cannot communicate ala Gabriel

I know players peak around 27-28 and some are late ie Drogba, but to be 28 and still in the Brazilian league is slightly worrying, 5 caps for Argentina and a quick look at his club history he hasn't played as many career games as I would have expected, his career appearances seem quite low in total.

Just think he would be a waste of a signing and not the right fit for a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom