• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
What’s “very clear” to me is his wage is influencing a hell of a lot of opinions. If he wasn’t a world class talent I too would be annoyed, but having seen what Özil can do, and what he’s capable of, I’m happy to have him around.

You are happy to have him around, even though his salary prevented us from keeping Ramsey and will prevent us from signing top class players?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I want to bin Mustafi who costs us matches and points on a regular basis.
I want to bin Xhaka who costs us matches and points on a regular basis.
I want to bin Mhiki because he is inconsistent.
I want to bin Özil because he barely contributes away from home and has 3 assists to his name this season. People want to surround him with wingers because apparently he can create, yet he has been given a free role behind two clinical strikers and has given them nothing. They have to supply each other. He also goes missing when you really need any kind of contribution. He may as well not have been on the pitch away at Valencia.

We have the resources to replaced the 4 players mentioned literally through player sales.
I agree with most of what you have said but it is unrealistic to expect us to bin all those 1st team players and replace them! We are not City, we are not United. We do not have the finances to do it!
I don't care about your reasoning for wanting to bin, it is irrelevant, we quite simply can't do it!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You are happy to have him around, even though his salary prevented us from keeping Ramsey and will prevent us from signing top class players?
His Salary didn't prevent us from keeping Ramsey. Don't be ridiculous. Where do you get that from?
We gave an offer after Özil got his contract. Why would the club do that if they knew they could not afford it. Ramsey's head was already turned. Put yourself in his shoes. He has been here for how long? The Italian league is absolutely ideal for him and I am sure he knows that.
It is far more likely that he was going to decline the offer anyway so we retracted to save face. Ramsey simply isn't worth the huge wages in the EPL, but in Italy he may just be!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His form just before he signed his new contract was almost worth the 350k. You can’t argue with the timing, it was exquisite. I never had a problem with his salary as long as he produced the performances. He was always going to be getting more than he was worth but then what does it matter? He’d have been just another player getting more than he’s worth among loads of others. It comes down to consistency and quality.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Emery prefers playing with a double pivot and a more attack minded midfielder in front. The only reason Özil has been playing the last few weeks is because Ramsey got injured and we couldn’t sign someone like Nkunku in January.
How good is Nkunku though? I asked elsewhere and no one has an answer. Cheap, not wanted by PSG, not linked to any other top club. Linked with Rennes.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I don't think Özil's in physical decline--I believe it's just who he's always been. His mentality is in decline, if anything. I dunno. He's rather gash at the moment though.
giphy.gif

avalonhse

I love Wenger, but anyone has mistakes.

IMO The biggest mistake he ever made is not selling fabregas, rvp or henry or not buying in 2015.

It is his decision in 2013 of buying Özil for €50mil, instead of higuain for €40mil . The latter cost us several years of finding a goal machine until Auba came.

The first has given us a trouble to no end. Simply put, our squad quality does not deserve to have Özil talent. He is a luxury we can not utilize at fullest.

Jae

I love Wenger, but anyone has mistakes.

IMO The biggest mistake he ever made is not selling fabregas, rvp or henry or not buying in 2015.

It is his decision in 2013 of buying Özil for €50mil, instead of higuain for €40mil . The latter cost us several years of finding a goal machine until Auba came.

The first has given us a trouble to no end. Simply put, our squad quality does not deserve to have Özil talent. He is a luxury we can not utilize at fullest.

His biggest mistake was not buying Fabregas back when he had the chance, all because of Özil.

Jae

We had Santi. Ramsey after his best form ever. Wilshere. But all because of Özil? :lol:

Besides Chelsea Cesc hasn't outperformed Özil either.

Wenger said himself that he didn't sign Fabregas because we had Özil. Don't see how that's even up for debate.

He was a revelation that 14/15 season and was a big reason why they won the title, he was outstanding. He did far more for Chelsea in his time there than Özil has ever done for us.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Wenger said himself that he didn't sign Fabregas because we had Özil. Don't see how that's even up for debate.

He was a revelation that 14/15 season and was a big reason why they won the title, he was outstanding. He did far more for Chelsea in his time there than Özil has ever done for us.

No he didn't, stop making sh!t up. They have similar numbers. Cesc played for a far more complete team at Chelsea as well.

He basically had what, one good season for them? First one. In his second year, they finished 10th. 3rd year, he was a sub, albeit a good one. Average in his last full season, before ending up at Monaco in his 5th.

Jae

Come on dude, that isn't true. Özil produced top numbers while we had Giroud up top to finish off. Cesc was feeding who again???

Just my opinion buddy! As Furious said, we had prime Cazorla, Ramsey and Sanchez playing for us at that time as well so it's a moot point really.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A quick Google and you'll find quotes from Fabregas stating Wenger didnt have room for him in the squad.

Same as Özil for us then yeah?
Wenger also said there is more to the story, Cesc had apparently set up a deal with Chelsea long before. We’ll never know.

Reactions: Jae

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
A quick Google and you'll find quotes from Fabregas stating Wenger didnt have room for him in the squad.

Same as Özil for us then yeah?

Was referring to the "he did far more than Özil" part.

So it wasn't all because of Özil then? But the squad. Good then.

This season's been Özil's only bad one.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Just my opinion buddy! .
But is this opinion based on facts or are you simply making that statement because Chelsea won the league that season?
Özil nearly smashed the assist record in the EPL. If it wasn't for Giroud going on a 15 game goal drought, he would have...
I think most agree Özil has been in decline in the last 12 months but to state he hasn't done anything for Arsenal is a bit of an exaggeration. We've won trophies since Özil has been here and while I wouldn't use that as a yard stick to measure (or beat) Cesc with, it is still noteworthy.

I'm just as disillusioned by the current Özil on his current wages but we can't erase the past to fit the rhetoric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom