• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripe Banana

I thought I'd look at his stats in the league against ozils. They're both pretty dire.

Iwobi - played 25, 3 goals, 6 assists
Özil - played 24, 5 goals, 2 assists

This translates to:

Iwobi - 0.09 goals per game, 0.17 assists per game
Özil - 0.21 assists per game, 0.09 assists per game

Verdict: they both suck - but given that iwobi probably earns less than 1/5 of what Özil does, let's get rid of Özil and let iwobi hang around as a squad player if no one wants him.
Wonder if those that constantly make excuses for Özil would make the same excuses for Iwobi

IchirotoV2

I thought I'd look at his stats in the league against ozils. They're both pretty dire.

Iwobi - played 25, 3 goals, 6 assists
Özil - played 24, 5 goals, 2 assists

This translates to:

Iwobi - 0.09 goals per game, 0.17 assists per game
Özil - 0.21 assists per game, 0.09 assists per game

Verdict: they both suck - but given that iwobi probably earns less than 1/5 of what Özil does, let's get rid of Özil and let iwobi hang around as a squad player if no one wants him. He reminds me a bit of players like Giroud, Almunia, etc. An average player who tries his best. Its not his fault he's first choice for arsenal. He probably knows himself he isn't good enough. Lets just get an upgrade and keep him around for squad depth
Do you have a comparison of times dispossessed, number of misplaced passes and goals/shots on target?

It would be interesting to see

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Scapegoat and Mustafi should never ever be used in the same sentence.

There was a game recently, sometime in March or April can’t remember where we dropped
Mustafi and our defence was still a shambles making mistakes.

Not saying Mustafi isn’t **** but our other CB’s don’t do themselves any glory either. Look at Koscielny, considered one of the best by Arsenal fans but he’s been a mainstay in so many bad defences. Can’t be that good then.

Last edited:

Jae

There was a game recently, sometime in March or April can’t remember where we dropped
Mustafi and our defence was still a shambles making a mistake.

Not saying Mustafi isn’t **** but our other CB’s don’t do themselves any glory either. Look at Koscielny, considered one of the best by Arsenal fans but he’s been a mainstay in so many bad defences. Can’t be that good then.

You could say that about our entire defence, as well as players like Xhaka.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I dunno with this guy. I mean, if I was manager, there's still quite a bit I could do with him but if it's wide player or bust then I think we should sell. But I'd like to see how he does in a midfield role. I don't think he's particularly a great defender, but I think with his body strength, all-round dribbling ability and his ability to pass when he's not in the final 3rd :)lol:) could still be very useful.

I just think Emery won't want to touch that idea and that would be a disappointment - so it's probably better we sell as he does not have the output we need from a wide-forward. Shame, because I actually think Iwobi is a good player.

Zaza

He clearly doesn't like playing out wide anymore and it's starting to show.
I would keep him. He gets unnecessary stick for a player so young.
He started off the season well but as usual he faded off. This is something he can sort out as he gets older.
So many of these young wingers we get linked to aren't better than Iwobi(i.e Sarr, Cengiz, etc).

GDeep™

League is very weak
He started off the season well but as usual he faded off. This is something he can sort out as he gets older.
So many of these young wingers we get linked to aren't better than Iwobi(i.e Sarr, Cengiz, etc).
Don’t know what his level is but Sarr looks interesting, can play both both wide spots and through the middle too. Very quick and direct.

Not seen a enough though to make a judgement.

Gunner-Union

Don’t know what his level is but Sarr looks interesting, can play both both wide spots and through the middle too. Very quick and direct.

Not seen a enough though to make a judgement.

Same here I’ve not seen much but heard he is very direct and has blistering pace which sounds great and what we need atm. Any idea on his price?

OSBK

Established Member

There is a string of wingers and am's that we are not linked with and not playing in the top 6 that are miles better than iwobi. How about jota? He has been electric this season and would fit nicely into our system. This whole wenger thing of hang into them because you never know is dragging us down, that mindset has to go or jenks will be here when he is 40. Iwobi is not a young kid, he is the same as amn and has alot of chances to show his worth and keeps coming up short.

Alkane

Not good enough. Had ample time to prove himself, at points thought he could’ve made it here but his end product is non existent, midtable PL at best

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Obviously not because Iwobi doesn’t have a track record to fall back on.

Don’t know why you’re so hard on this.
How does that logic work though? The guy who much more is expected of, gets the easier ride? Why? It's like you got two kids, one is an A student and the other tries his hardest but just isn't that smart. Come exams day, the A student sh!ts the bed and ends up getting the same score as his dumb brother...

Who's arse you going to kick? What, you're going to give the A student a pass because he done well once upon a time? That's backward as ****.

Last edited:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Keep , there's a few more gears in there . Good start to the season and faded a bit but that's due to someone still developing who isn't as mature mentally as others . He'll get there and if he makes a concerted effort fixing his technique in front of goal then he will be an interesting prospect.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

That has to be a joke. Iwobi is far inferior to both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom