• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
He rates Arshavin though. Bizarre post. Clearly hasn't recovered from 2012 or so.. Also believes this is FIFA and we can just sign players willy-nilly,.
Arshavin is definitely a more talented footballer than ramsey. Ramsey is gerrard/lampard at best, but he is nowhere near the level of iniesta, modric, scholes, xavi, zidane, kdb, silva, cazorla........they may be good athletes but **** footballers.

I didn’t believe it’s fifa, I don’t think signing one/two of the below young talents is not achievable. All I do is to recommend a shortlist. I do not mean we can sign all of them like how you do in fifa. Depending on the position we are after, it will be good if we get one/two of these players.
JK Augustin, Saint-Maximin, Aouar, Chukwueze, Cuisance, Ndombele, Tonali, Upamecano, De Ligt, Bellanova, Reguilon, Plizzari

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arshavin is definitely a more talented footballer than ramsey. Ramsey is gerrard/lampard at best, but he is nowhere near the level of iniesta, modric, scholes, xavi, zidane, kdb, silva, cazorla........they may be good athletes but **** footballers.

I didn’t believe it’s fifa, I don’t think signing one/two of the below young talents is not achievable. All I do is to recommend a shortlist. I do not mean we can sign all of them like how you do in fifa. Depending on the position we are after, it will be good if we get one/two of these players.
JK Augustin, Saint-Maximin, Aouar, Chukwueze, Cuisance, Ndombele, Tonali, Upamecano, De Ligt, Bellanova, Reguilon, Plizzari
LOL at the fact you think Arshavin was better than Lampard and Gerrard
Name one thing Arshavin actually achieved in his career.. Other than dominating Liverpool with 4 goals once off he was an extremely frustrating player.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
LOL at the fact you think Arshavin was better than Lampard and Gerrard
Name one thing Arshavin actually achieved in his career.. Other than dominating Liverpool with 4 goals once off he was an extremely frustrating player.
They play in different position so you can’t really compare. But he is a much better footballer.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They play in different position so you can’t really compare. But he is a much better footballer.
Sorry but there is no way in hell Arshavin is a better footballer than either of those two. Both Gerrard and Lampard routinely dug their teams out of mountains of **** through their individual performances. Both are considered by most of the football community to be great players. The same can't be said of Arshavin. Honestly have no idea where you get this from. Admittedly Andre was a lot better than what was made of him by Arsenal fans but better than Frank and Stevie G, you're having a laugh mate,.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Sorry but there is no way in hell Arshavin is a better footballer than either of those two. Both Gerrard and Lampard routinely dug their teams out of mountains of **** through their individual performances. Both are considered by most of the football community to be great players. The same can't be said of Arshavin. Honestly have no idea where you get this from. Admittedly Andre was a lot better than what was made of him by Arsenal fans but better than Frank and Stevie G, you're having a laugh mate,.
They are great athletes, good strength, stamina, work rate, tackling, long shot and leadership.
But they are far from great on the ball, play ugly football, poor decision making, and flair.
Just look at the spainish midfielders, they play with their brain and their positioning, dribbling and close control are top class.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
They are great athletes, good strength, stamina, work rate, tackling, long shot and leadership.
But they are far from great on the ball, play ugly football, poor decision making, and flair.
Just look at the spainish midfielders, they play with their brain and their positioning, dribbling and close control are top class.
My god. More than one way to skin a cat, buddy... So in your definition of a great footballer one must have all those attributes? Bit ridiculous considering there are maybe ten players in the world like that. And everyone else doesn't make the grade because their style of football isn't the same? Bizarre logic. But I am not going to entertain this any longer. If you truly feel Arshavin is a better player then kudos to you. We'll have to agree to disagree because that is the boldest statement I've read on here in a good long while.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Raul about Ramsey's contract situation

RS: Well, that's a good question. I'm glad you asked. Although I normally don't like to personalise - and let me start by saying this - not only do we have the highest respect and esteem for Aaron, we also think he is a great professional and a great football player. For circumstances, whatever it was, we went to the last year of contract. That's a problem. When you go to the last year of contract of a player because of the way this is designed, there are a lot of clubs who can get that player for free. Now, that player has a market value. A strong market value, in Aaron's case. So, any club can project... the total investment of a player is always an addition of two factors: the salary you are going to pay him and the transfer fee you are going to pay for him. Now if you take out one of those two, and with Aaron arriving to the last year of contract, one of them was pretty much zero, you can really build up on the other one very, very much. Now, we have to be responsible on how we manage the club. One of the key things for me - and I've seen that happening in other clubs - one of the key things is to keep the rationality in the salary balance of the team. Because of our circumstances, because of not renewing Aaron on time we were in a situation in which Aaron had incredible offers building up on the salary. He was really keen on staying with us, he was ready to make the effort but at the end of the whole process we had to be responsible for ourselves and protect the interests of Arsenal. We realised we were going to cause an imbalance that would have been very harmful for the team’s sake in the medium and longer term.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/raul-and-vinai-ramseys-contract-situation

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Interesting because we are about to offer Laca and Auba 250 k each if reports are to be believed.

It's defensive nonsense from them really.

It's clear the prior leadership should have extended his contract way earlier/quicker. If you only start talks in late 2017/early 2018, it's pretty clear the player is going to wait at least for the end of the 17/18 season and very likely he'll go into his last year as leverage. If you don't see that as a club you're an idiot. It's no wonder some clubs try to renew every 2 years despite someone still having 3 seasons to go.

Also, it's pretty much been confirmed by various sources that Ramsey wanted a nice raise, but that contrary to some purporting he wanted to take Arsenal to the cleaners and get close to Özil in wages, he "only" wanted to get to the regions of Auba, Laca and Mkhi.

Then Emery decided he didn't fit his "way of football", club said ok we're not giving him a new contract then, then Emery noticed he needed him, though, but the ****show had already been aired. Just look at the shambolic back- and forthtracking Arsenal's PR did in the Ramsey contract case.

Of course they now have to come out and make excuses for why everyone, old and new leadership, ****ed up over almost a 3 year period. And the easiest way is to blame the player for wanting too much money. The only one who could aim for similar wages with his next extension is Bellerin but the guy's under contract for another 4 seasons, so with Welbeck and Cech gone I don't see how 180 to 200k for Ramsey would've destroyed the squad wage balance.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Basically they’ve sh*t the bed with this, didn’t renew early enough and didn’t sell in summer 2018 like they should have.

They can’t come out and say Ramsey had excessive wage demands because all the stories that have come out have been contrary to this.

Basically they have to suggest the club can’t afford it when we know that’s partially due to 530k of our wage budget being given to Mkhitaryan and Özil last January.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Ramsey and his agent have played an absolute blinder.

He's leaving for a bigger club, with a huge pay rise, whilst not having the fans turn on him, with the club taking the blame for his departure.

I can't help but commend them for the way they've played the club.

These guys really thinkf Ramsey was gonna choose Arsenal over Juventus for 400k p/w. I wish i could be that naïve life woild be easier.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He wasn’t exactly playing amazing football during the period where his salary would traditionally have been renewed you know?

This season was his best season since his breakout one. I don’t blame the club too much in this situation.
Agreed. Think recency bias is at play with a lot of the "we're letting him go for free" posts every time he scores. He's been class this season, but it's easy to forget that he was just as disappointing as the rest in 15/16 and the subsequent years.

Good player who you'd ideally like to keep, but not someone who you'd throw ridiculous wages at.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Time to move. Ramsey is at a super club now.

Arsenal are maybe at least 100 years away from being a super club.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Agreed. Think recency bias is at play with a lot of the "we're letting him go for free" posts every time he scores. He's been class this season, but it's easy to forget that he was just as disappointing as the rest in 15/16 and the subsequent years.

Good player who you'd ideally like to keep, but not someone who you'd throw ridiculous wages at.

Class this season? If I remember correctly he was basically utter ****e in the autumn or even later, which is why Emery didn't play him much.

Maybe someone can find some stats from the first half of the season? He was very good later of course, until his injury which happens every year.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Basically they’ve sh*t the bed with this, didn’t renew early enough and didn’t sell in summer 2018 like they should have.

They can’t come out and say Ramsey had excessive wage demands because all the stories that have come out have been contrary to this.

Basically they have to suggest the club can’t afford it when we know that’s partially due to 530k of our wage budget being given to Mkhitaryan and Özil last January.

He's an average player whom we didn't want to throw insane money at. Luckily we withdrew whatever offer we had, bloke had 5 good performances this season and ended up getting injured as per.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
This season was typical Ramsey, played a couple of blinders, had some stinkers and got injured in the crucial time for the Club.

He just can’t be the focal point of the team and thus doesn’t command a massive overinflated salary he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom