• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel Umtiti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d take the gamble regardless, the other CB links aren’t filling me with confidence at all.

If he gets on the field he’s quality, that’s enough for me.

Alkane

Yes it would be a bit of a gamble, but I would take the risk if the reported fees of £40m are true. Upgrading from Mustafi to a CB like Umtiti for a net £20m would be great

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
But they were loaded in attacking areas. Barcelona's defence is hardly that good they can afford to flog someone dirt cheap if he is particularly good. Think there must be an issue there.
I think they need to get rid of Umtiti if they buying de Ligt. Umtiti won't be staying there to be backup still 40M isn't really cheap.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Barca are buying de Ligt, and they already bought Jean-Clair Tobido.

With Pique, Lengent, and Umtiti they will have 5CBs, they will need to sell someone if they plan on buying de Ligt and Greizmann.

Umtiti wasn't starting at the end of the season, and has voiced his displeasure at not starting. Makes sense to try to sell him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I am not a big fan of spending so much on an injury prone player, especially for CB position. The chemistry between CB's is very important. Kosc and Mert strived in partnership. Even last season, we were somewhat weaker when Holding started. It took some time for him to establish a partnership with Sokratis. But then Holding got injured. We should try our best to play a consistent CB pairing throughout PL. A rare injury is fine. But regularly injury prone players must be avoided at any cost. Given our budget, this is the kind of gamble we should be avoiding.

Jae

40 million Euros is too much for him anyway. They paid 25 for him two years ago, he has injury problems and he is set to become their 4th/5th choice CB. We shouldn't be paying a penny over 30m and even that's pushing it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
40 million Euros is too much for him anyway. They paid 25 for him two years ago, he has injury problems and he is set to become their 4th/5th choice CB. We shouldn't be paying a penny over 30m and even that's pushing it.
No i think they paid 50M for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom