• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mario Hermoso

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hermoso is class on the ball for a defender, that’s what has stood out to me when I’ve seen him. If Emery wants to go possession based for £18M he’s probably the best value out there, that’s why there’s the elite clubs after him.

I do worry he’s a little bit too similar to what we have already in terms of CBs though. I think you need a brick sh*thouse type next to him as a stopper and we’d have to get that next year.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hermoso is class on the ball for a defender, that’s what has stood out to me when I’ve seen him. If Emery wants to go possession based for £18M he’s probably the best value out there, that’s why there’s the elite clubs after him.

I do worry he’s a little bit too similar to what we have already in terms of CBs though. I think you need a brick sh*thouse type next to him as a stopper and we’d have to get that next year.

His long-ball accuracy is something like 50%. Sprays them around for fun. I don't know if he adds the pace and height that we lack, in fact he probably doesn't, so that's not ideal. Someone like Konate would add that in buckets.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
His long-ball accuracy is something like 50%. Sprays them around for fun. I don't know if he adds the pace and height that we lack, in fact he probably doesn't, so that's not ideal. Someone like Konate would add that in buckets.

Sounds like a good Xhaka replacement tbh

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s good in the air but like you say he’s not built like a Van Dijk or Koulibaly. I think a player in that mould would be the final stone in the gauntlet so to speak. Doubt we’d be able to get that now as well as Hermoso.

Hermoso would be very cheap and someone who’d help us play a winning style of football. All for it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He’s good in the air but like you say he’s not built like a Van Dijk or Koulibaly. I think a player in that mould would be the final stone in the gauntlet so to speak. Doubt we’d be able to get that now as well as Hermoso.

Hermoso would be very cheap and someone who’d help us play a winning style of football. All for it.

A VVD or Koulibaly alone would basically lift us to another league

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Very good player, would obviously help the possession game loads with his passing and being left-footed too. Solid defender as well, good tackler and very dynamic.

Should be a no-brainer for that money.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Heard his name often in Bayern and Real Madrid forums.

Many Real Fans would have been happy, if he would be their third choice some time ago.
Really improved in the last seasons, left foot. Could be a good deal for this money.

Reading that his passing stats are not actually all that. But this is probably the player Emery wanted so we have to back him no matter what!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Heard his name often in Bayern and Real Madrid forums.

Many Real Fans would have been happy, if he would be their third choice some time ago.
Really improved in the last seasons, left foot. Could be a good deal for this money.

Their fault for letting him leave first time round.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
We seem getting linked with many CB if we that hermoso and Saliba would be great can't see us signing tow unless we going to sell many of our CB

Depends on the outgoings. Mustafi will be gone if they can shift him and Koscielny might end up leaving if we win the Europa. Chambers could be sold as well. We'll need to sign two if those three leave.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Depends on the outgoings. Mustafi will be gone if they can shift him and Koscielny might end up leaving if we win the Europa. Chambers could be sold as well. We'll need to sign two if those three leave.
Also mavropanos need a loan next season 100% sure we selling Chambers and mustafi if good offer comes in not sure about kosh

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I like what I've read about him and seen from him on Youtube.

It's also important we sign a left-footed CB who is good on the ball. Our entire stock is right-footed, as well as all players we're linked to bar Umtiti.

Think this would be a good acquisition, especially as one of two signings (perhaps the other should be more physically imposing though, like Tah).

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
The nicest thing about him is that, unlike Mustafai, he stays on his foot, and don't like to commit to silly tackles

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Suppose in theory someone like Hermoso could be the technical foundation of the defence, while someone like Saliba could be the physical presence, one on the left side and one on the right. Get in both for about 40m, probably better use of resources than one Manolas.

Dj_sds -

I like what I've read about him and seen from him on Youtube.

It's also important we sign a left-footed CB who is good on the ball. Our entire stock is right-footed, as well as all players we're linked to bar Umtiti.

Think this would be a good acquisition, especially as one of two signings (perhaps the other should be more physically imposing though, like Tah).

I could be wrong, but isnt holding left footed?

Latest posts

Top Bottom