• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Elneny should be sold and one of Chambers or Bielik should take his place in the squad. Both of them have had good loans and offer cover for defensive midfield and central defence. I am leaning towards selling Chambers as I'm not sure we need a £20m player as 5th choice midfield/6th choice central defender.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
The good news for us is that this adds a few million to his value. I still don't think he's the answer and I would prefer Bielik gets given a shot as Elneny replacement. We should definitely be able to get at least £20m from a team like Everton

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Elneny should be sold and one of Chambers or Bielik should take his place in the squad. Both of them have had good loans and offer cover for defensive midfield and central defence. I am leaning towards selling Chambers as I'm not sure we need a £20m player as 5th choice midfield/6th choice central defender.
No. Willock should take his place.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Did anybody actually watch him at Fulham? He performed brilliantly in central midfield for them. I think he has something to offer here. Good physical presence who is very capable technically.

Surprised so many are eager to sell him. I wanna see what he can do here under Emery. Unless we get a big offer we should be looking to keep him IMO, he’s still young.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Did anybody actually watch him at Fulham? He performed brilliantly in central midfield for them. I think he has something to offer here. Good physical presence who is very capable technically.

Surprised so many are eager to sell him. I wanna see what he can do here under Emery. Unless we get a big offer we should be looking to keep him IMO, he’s still young.

Poor mans Eric Dier. More useful than El Nenny, not challenging Xhaka or Holding, who are ironically 2 players who we need to upgrade on as first team starters. Take the money and run. Chambers isn't a player who we would regret selling years down the line.

say yes

forum master baiter

Half of this forum don’t even watch Arsenal’s games. Bit hopeful to expect they’ve been tuning into Fulham.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He is exactly the same profile as Bielik, but selling Chambers could result in more money for us. Keeping one of them is important because we wouldn't be in a position anymore where we have to play Monreal at CB or Elneny as DMC. Solid DMC who is able to provide cover for CB's is something we could use here, and I'm happy with either Bielik or Chambers for the role.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
g towards selling Chambers as I'm not sure we need a £20m player as 5th choice midfield/6th choice central defender.
I'm not exactly sure who are those 4 CB's/ midfielders. Sokratis and Holding are better CB's, Torreira would be favourite for DMC so it doesn't look that grim for Chambers here in either role. That's only 3 players for 2 positions who should be in front of him and we play 50+ games.
We won't be in a position where we can replace Elneny, Koscielny and Monreal in one summer, and all 3 of them need to go.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Poor mans Eric Dier. More useful than El Nenny, not challenging Xhaka or Holding, who are ironically 2 players who we need to upgrade on as first team starters. Take the money and run. Chambers isn't a player who we would regret selling years down the line.

Technically, he ****s on Eric Dier from a great height. It’s an interesting comparison as they play in the same positions but Chambers has a higher ceiling IMO. Chambers’ versatility could be an asset too when I think about it.

He is exactly the same profile as Bielik, but selling Chambers could result in more money for us. Keeping one of them is important because we wouldn't be in a position anymore where we have to play Monreal at CB or Elneny as DMC. Solid DMC who is able to provide cover for CB's is something we could use here, and I'm happy with either Bielik or Chambers for the role.

Bielik’s development hasn’t been very convincing, sadly. I like the player but he’s not played at the same level as Chambers. Like you say, if Elneny is moved on, which he most likely will be, Chambers would be a lovely (homegrown) squad replacement.

You can’t have a squad of 25 world class players, but you can improve on the less talented squaddies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Bielik’s development hasn’t been very convincing, sadly. I like the player but he’s not played at the same level as Chambers. Like you say, if Elneny is moved on, which he most likely will be, Chambers would be a lovely (homegrown) squad replacement.
I would say Bielik is more talented of the two bud he had too many injury problems, and yes, not tested in PL. As I've said, I'm happy with keeping either of them, would prefer Bielik as money from Chambers could be reinvested in attack and Bielik's salary is something that we can take for a squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom