• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can you explain why would they choose Edu or for example Monchi, if it was power play only based on power factors?

Especially Monchi would have been a power figure here I think.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Well I think Sven's personality and working style might have been big factor why Raul and others didn't give him the position.

You can say it's 100% power play from Raul, I can tell you it's very likely not only that. Likely some part but how big, we probably never know. I think not very big.

You can go into ad hominem, but that tells more about you.

You know that 100% can be used as a figure of speech, meaning that something is highly probable, while not meaning 100% exactly as in maths, right?

The "Mislintat is hard to work with because of his character" BS has been refuted multiple times.

Right...the ad hominem pitchfork:lol:

drippin

You know that 100% can be used as a figure of speech, meaning that something is highly probable, while not meaning 100% exactly as in maths, right?

The "Mislintat is hard to work with because of his character" BS has been refuted multiple times.

Right...the ad hominem pitchfork:lol:

Yeah sure, and I say it's probably like 2-20% of the decision. Big logical difference, and no need to start calling names.

I have read Mislintat likes to work alone, and Arsenal wants a guy like Edu, who I imagine likes to work with many people. Anyway these are hearsay, no matter. Thanks for the exchange.

Toby

Can you explain why would they choose Edu or for example Monchi, if it was power play only to get more power?

Monchi would've been part of the spanish clique, Edu doesn't really have a massive reputation so that he could come in and play the big man here.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Mislintat was brought by Gazidis to handle not only scouting but planning of the squad for the future as well. That’s why he was part of the team that interviewed 8 or so managers, including Emery. That’s also the reason why Mislintat left Dortmund in the first place, for a chance of having more control of the squad planning.

The moment Gazidis left was also the moment Raul put Mislintat out of the game, that is not speculation, the rumours of Mislintat’s departure started around the time Gazidis was officially out of Arsenal. Was Sanllehi’s pride touched when Mislintat was having too much of a say? Most likely. Whatever the reason, let’s hope Edu works out for us because as it stands Raul Sanllehi is an even bigger idiot than Gazidis.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Mislintat was part of the panel because he was going to have to work with Emery when it came to squad building and recruitment. There was even a statDNA bloke on the panel ffs. He left because a techincal director meant he wouldn't be in charge of recruitment. The head of recruitment reports to the technical director who with the manager decides what areas need strengthening and the best solutions available from the info the head of recruitment provides. Appointing a technical director took away responsibility from Mislintat. That's why he left (and because he wasn't going to get the technical director role).

drippin

Mislintat was part of the panel because he was going to have to work with Emery when it came to squad building and recruitment. There was even a statDNA bloke on the panel ffs. He left because a techincal director meant he wouldn't be in charge of recruitment. The head of recruitment reports to the technical director who with the manager decides what areas need strengthening and the best solutions available from the info the head of recruitment provides. Appointing a technical director took away responsibility from Mislintat. That's why he left (and because he wasn't going to get the technical director role).

He got his role still. Stuttgart might drop to 2. Bundesliga next year. It's not a bad place to work at for sure, but interesting that no top clubs wanted him to that role when available.

Anyway I'm thankful for his service, and also happy that we have people in charge who can make these kind of tough decisions whatever the total reasons were. We could have lost him to a rival also.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
By all accounts as Head of Recruitment Mislintat was Chief Scout and Chief Squadplanner which is exactly the Technical Director job. Would've been a simple internal technicality to give Sven that title and a raise. This whole thing 100% was a power play by Raul about influence in the club.

There's a lot more to it than that. The new technical director will oversee the scouting department, but will also coordinate a philosophy through every level of the club, from the first team to the academy. As You Are My Arsenal described it:

To understand why a Technical Director is so important to this evolution, it is important to understand what their role within a club hierarchy is. While the Director of Football (Raul Sanllehi in the case of Arsenal) is at the top of the pyramid, with a final say on issues such as whether a manager will be backed or not, and who will be hired or relieved of their duties, a Technical Director slots somewhere in between that figurehead and the Manager/Head Coach of the team. A Technical Director typically is involved in the recruitment of players, often in collaboration with the Head Coach, as well as the managing of the scouting department and how they are deployed.

Not so much concerned with the financial side of the equation, a Technical Director instead provides a list of viable options to the club that fit the recruitment needs. Given his or her (ideally) close working relationship with the Head Coach, this person may also be tasked with helping to shape the general philosophy of the on-pitch team, as well as ensuring the Head Coach has whatever support he requires. This includes coordinating with the physio staff and facilities managers to align with the Head Coach’s needs.

Given the breadth of responsibility this role can carry, it is clear to see why Arsenal are interested in filling the newly-created vacancy in an timely fashion. As the glue that ties the pitchside staff to the executive staff up in the private boxes, the Technical Director is essential to a modern, continental structure of a football club. Whomever the club ultimately select for the role should have a strong voice in determining the club’s future direction.

Toby

So if the new TD does all football stuff, and Venkatesham financial stuff, Sanllehi is...the negotiator:lol:

Also, this is mostly the stuff Mislintat was supposed to do as Head of Recruitment.

Toby

He got his role still. Stuttgart might drop to 2. Bundesliga next year. It's not a bad place to work at for sure, but interesting that no top clubs wanted him to that role when available.

There were no jobs available, especially in Germany.

drippin

There were no jobs available, especially in Germany.

Yeah, and no one deemed him good enough to replace current one, or get him some kind of other role. He is very good headscout, but hasn't got experience with that much more yet, which would be needed at Arsenal in this role.

drippin

Also when looking at Slartibartfast message, it seems Raul is at the top in any case. He needed no power play to get Sven under him, Sven was already below him and so will be Edu or anyone it seems. So the reasons were likely something else.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

Anyway I'm thankful for his service, and also happy that we have people in charge who can make these kind of tough decisions whatever the total reasons were. We could have lost him to a rival also.
Yep. There's more to it just Raul being a tw*t.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So if the new TD does all football stuff, and Venkatesham financial stuff, Sanllehi is...the negotiator:lol:

Also, this is mostly the stuff Mislintat was supposed to do as Head of Recruitment.

Cagigao is doing the work Mislintat did as head of recruitment. Sven was not implementing a philosophy, coordinating various levels of operations from the first team to the academy, advising the head coach on football matters, etc. It's the part of the job that requires the new technical director to ensure continuity between all levels of the club in which Sanllehi apparently thought Mislintat fell short. Also -- and you can choose to believe or not believe it -- there were reports that Sven wasn't keen on working with the scouting network and rarely talked to any of the scouts he was overseeing.

In any case, I understand that you're a big fan of Sven Mislintat. But for whatever the reasons, he is gone. He's not coming back. Maybe you hold a grudge against Sanllehi for what happened. I don't know. But you seem unwilling to give anyone at the club a chance.

drippin

Cagigao is doing the work Mislintat did as head of recruitment. Sven was not implementing a philosophy, coordinating various levels of operations from the first team to the academy, advising the head coach on football matters, etc. It's the part of the job that requires the new technical director to ensure continuity between all levels of the club in which Sanllehi apparently thought Mislintat fell short. Also -- and you can choose to believe or not believe it -- there were reports that Sven wasn't keen on working with the scouting network and rarely talked to any of the scouts he was overseeing.

In any case, I understand that you're a big fan of Sven Mislintat. But for whatever the reasons, he is gone. He's not coming back. Maybe you hold a grudge against Sanllehi for what happened. I don't know. But you seem unwilling to give anyone at the club a chance.

And suggesting that one of the highest wielding power persons at the club is so petty that his only reason not to choose Sven was power play, when he didn't even have to do any power play in the beginning. :lol:

If I understood correctly Raul answers directly to owners? Even Emery has nothing on him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
And suggesting that one of the highest wielding power persons at the club is so petty that his only reason not to choose Sven was power play, when he didn't even have to do any power play in the beginning. :lol:

If I understood correctly Raul answers directly to owners? Even Emery has nothing on him.
Yeah, and he was part of a very successful Barcelona office.

It's not okay to judge somebody for being fat.

drippin

Yeah, and he was part of a very successful Barcelona office.

It's not okay to judge somebody for being fat.

Heh, yeah. Why would someone with the highest power, even over the head coach, would base his judgements mostly over something related to power or friendships? He doesn't need more power, he cannot buy the club.

Of course if Sven did not respect him enough that is good reason to not choose him, because in professional football you have to respect those who are above you. And this is related to friendship in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom