• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Technical Director Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Heh, yeah. Why would someone with the highest power, even over the head coach, would base his judgements mostly over something related to power or friendships? He doesn't need more power, he cannot buy the club.

Of course if Sven did not respect him enough that is good reason to not choose him, because in professional football you have to respect those who are above you. And this is related to friendship in a way.
Yeah and if Sven despite his obvious expertise couldn't land a role even at a well resourced Bundesliga club let alone at foreign clubs. There could be stuff that we don't obviously know of.

Fallout

Mislintat got banned from his own training ground while at Dortmund, so yes it's highly likely that he was a diva, egomaniac, control freak, narcissist weirdo.

So what? Recommendations from our internal scouting team led to the purchases of Mustafi, Xhaka, and Lucas Perez for 70 million in one window. As far as I'm concerned, nobody in that office deserves any respect, let alone a promotion. Our newly promoted head of recruitment, Cagigao, who was formerly our main scout for La Liga, recommended Mustafi and Perez to this club ... let that sink in.

One summer with Mislintat at the helm and we signed 3 players who quickly established themselves as key players, plus 1 player who looks really promising, and the single flop out of the bunch (Lich) was signed on a free transfer.

Sometimes the ends justify the means.

I don't know anything about Edu's work with BR or his contacts, so I have no realistic expectations of his ability, but replacing Mislintat after the summer we just had was an unnecessary risk and totally irresponsible, especially when you consider our laughable performance in the January window (and the fact that we didnt even have a replacement lined up!).

They should have given Sven the stupid promotion and, if it didnt work out, sacked him. In the grand scheme of things, it would cost nothing in comparison to the steals we are obtaining in the transfer market.

Last edited:

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Mislintat got banned from his own training ground while at Dortmund, so yes it's highly likely that he was a diva, egomaniac, control freak, narcissist weirdo.

So what? Recommendations from our internal scouting team led to the purchases of Mustafi, Xhaka, and Lucas Perez for 70 million in one window. As far as I'm concerned, nobody in that office deserves any respect, let alone a promotion. Our newly promoted head of recruitment, Cagigao, who was formerly our main scout for La Liga, recommended Mustafi and Perez to this club ... let that sink in.

One summer with Mislintat at the helm and we signed 3 players who quickly established themselves as key players, plus 1 player who looks really promising, and the single flop out of the bunch (Lich) was signed on a free transfer.

I don't know anything about Edu's work with BR or his contacts, so I have no realistic expectations of his ability, but replacing Mislintat after the summer we just had was an unnecessary risk and totally irresponsible, especially when you consider our laughable performance in the January window (and the fact that we didnt even have a replacement lined up!).

They should have given Sven the stupid promotion and, if it didnt work out, sacked him. In the grand scheme of things, it would cost nothing in comparison to the steals we are obtaining in the transfer market.

Mislintat helped Arsenal get ex-Dortmund players and some other good ones. But do we know Guendouzi was his, or Torreira (many knew him)? Emery played against Douzi in PSG. Anyway it's not the main point here.

The main point is that the guys in charge at Arsenal know what they need for the role. They know Mislintat. We don't know either of these. Mislintat is out, and he got a role at a club which is possibly at 2nd Bundesliga next season.

We don't want Arsenal to be in Championship I hope? So let's hope the guys in charge find a guy who fits the job description at Arsenal level. I respect Mislintat a lot and would have hoped we can keep him, but accept the facts.

Last edited:

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser

When the rumours of this promotion thing came up I had a feeling it was a bad idea. If it didn't happen Sven would have to go.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Was that confirmed? AFAIK it was just Arsenal bloggers on twitter who made that assumption.
Even if they weren't they were not the players that wenger wanted wenger wanted Manolas Kante and vardy the club f**ked up all these deals imagine if we end up with these 3 guys that season instead of xhaka Perez and mustafi.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Even if they weren't they were not the players that wenger wanted wenger wanted Manolas Kante and vardy the club f**ked up all these deals imagine if we end up with these 3 guys that season instead of xhaka Perez and mustafi.
Lucas Perez was a clear panic signing, the scouts told Wenger he was more suited to a bottom 10 club but there were no other options with a few days left in the window. West Ham bid £40m for Lacazette earlier in the window, the club should've just gone for him after Vardy said no instead of wasting the rest of the summer.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Lucas Perez was a clear panic signing, the scouts told Wenger he was more suited to a bottom 10 club but there were no other options with a few days left in the window. West Ham bid £40m for Lacazette earlier in the window, the club should've just gone for him after Vardy said no instead of wasting the rest of the summer.
Yes same with Manolas Roma asked for 40M euros but instead we spend 35M pounds on mustafi I don't understand this club:lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I commented months ago on a picture of Sven. I posted that he looked like the type of guy that would contort his body in an attempt to gobble himself. Everything I've read about him since has reinforced that observation.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
“Edu going to Arsenal? My condolences Arsenal” – Brazilian slammed as being ‘subservient’

While both the Brazilian and the English media continue to report that Edu Gaspar could be taking a role at Arsenal this summer, the former midfielder is having a hard time with the national team.

Gaspar is currently a ‘national team coordinator’. He’s basically an extension to the manager’s job, sorting problems with players, schedules and that kind of stuff.

Now with all the controversy around Neymar in the past few days, Gaspar has been giving interviews and clarifying the national team’s stance on the situation.

It turns out that Neymar was injured in a friendly against Qatar last night, and in the dressing room, where there was supposed to be only people from the team, his father turned up.

This is not something new in Brazil. During the 2018 World Cup, families weren’t allowed to stay at the same hotel as the national team. Except for Neymar’s father, of course.

Neymar Santos Sr. has also been getting a lot of exposure lately, as he’s been speaking to TV shows to explain the player’s defence of a rape allegation.

Interviewed by the local media last night, Edu Gaspar has taken responsibility for allowing Neymar’s father to enter the dressing room: “I was watching the game from the tribune and was informed that Neymar’s father was near the locker room. Obviously I authorised it. For him to have his father close in a time like this. I authorised Neymar’s father to enter the locker room to accompany the athlete.” (via Globo Esporte).

The quotes didn’t go down well with journalists who are more critical about the national team. ESPN’s Mauro Cezar Pereira went heavy on Gaspar, recalling the time when the coordinator protected Neymar by saying ‘it’s hard to be him’.

“The CBF president should not be there. There it’s the technical staff, doctors, players, professionals who are directly connected to that context,” Mauro Cezar said on ESPN Brasil.

“Obviously he [Neymar’s father] shouldn’t be there. This is what? A mess. Who is the boss of this thing? Edu Gaspar? Edu Gaspar is going to Arsenal? My condolences, Arsenal.”

“It’s not easy being Neymar?’ That’s Edu Gaspar. That’s Tite, the coach. These guys are subservient, bow to Neymar, to the father of Neymar, whoever it is. This situation is ridiculous. It’s ridiculous.”
Now it makes sense why Sanllehi wanted Edu rather than Mislintat.

HomeSteak

Established Member
Not much he can do there. Neymar is whining *****, it's the same at PSG. You are better off just letting him be

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
“Edu going to Arsenal? My condolences Arsenal” – Brazilian slammed as being ‘subservient’

Now it makes sense why Sanllehi wanted Edu rather than Mislintat.

Yeah, because he’s experienced in having to handle all sorts of issues with playing staff. Mislintat would be off in a village in the arse-end of nowhere praying with the latest 16 year old Nigerian sensation while Özil is having a meltdown.

Neymar is a **** and is surrounded by ****s. It would cause more aggro not letting his dad in the dressing room.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Yeah, because he’s experienced in having to handle all sorts of issues with playing staff. Mislintat would be off in a village in the arse-end of nowhere praying with the latest 16 year old Nigerian sensation while Özil is having a meltdown.

Neymar is a **** and is surrounded by ****s. It would cause more aggro not letting his dad in the dressing room.
Well it looks like Edu won't do much about Özil either because "it would cause more problems" if Edu does anything that might upset him.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
:lol: Edu getting the blame for that.

The federation, media & players built Neymar up to be a god in 2014. They set him apart.

Where was Edu then? With the Iran team wasn't he?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
:lol: Edu getting the blame for that.

The federation, media & players built Neymar up to be a god in 2014. They set him apart.

Where was Edu then? With the Iran team wasn't he?

It's basically because him and Tite are yes man. Tite has put a side a lot of the good will he built before he got the Brasil because both of them are letting a lot of **** slide on Neymar's part.

I'll spare everyone the CBF are **** speech, but truth be told I feel like he'll be another Leonardo. A well spoken, good looking former player who talks the talk, but doesn't really walk the walk.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
It's basically because him and Tite are yes man. Tite has put a side a lot of the good will he built before he got the Brasil because both of them are letting a lot of **** slide on Neymar's part.

I'll spare everyone the CBF are **** speech, but truth be told I feel like he'll be another Leonardo. A well spoken, good looking former player who talks the talk, but doesn't really walk the walk.
but even tho all brazil problems off the pitch they are preforming well on the pitch also Brazil for first time they got talented players in every position.

El Duderino

With the above in mind, unless we get REALLY lucky with recruitment (coaching and player) and sales, I do think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

We have no one with proper ambition or proactiveness required to rebuild this club in a post Wenger scenario. Raul strikes me very much like a guy who'll be about the bottom financial line because Kroenke told him that's his job.

Basically we'd need someone like Wenger (as in, someone who cares about the club) as our DoF. Maybe even the man himself, though I feel there needs to be a couple more years of distance to say the least before he's back at the club in any capacity.

I do feel like we lost big on Mislintat, the man worked the long game and that is kinda what we need to be doing with the reported money we have at our disposal.

Last edited:

El Duderino

but even tho all brazil problems off the pitch they are preforming well on the pitch also Brazil for first time they got talented players in every position.

Tite is fighting for his job right now. He NEEDS to win Copa América and that's a bad thing.

Renato Augusto is being thought of for the Neymar spot, now that Jr. is injured. Basically because he's a leader and would tell people off, something that Tite is not willing to do right now.

We have a great generation coming up we we're wasting valueable tournie time playing a 36 year-old Dani Alves and others that will not be here for the next world cup, instead of giving Fabinho, etc., time to experience life at the Seleção.

We should be doing everything we can to have a competent team WITHOUT Neymar, so that when he plays, it's great. The dude's is a really good footballer. But when he doesn't we should be able to collectively step up.

This is the mess that was 2006 all over again. It's Party FC up in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom