• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Europa League Final: Chelsea v Arsenal | May 29, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Who will win the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The season objective was to get back into the CL, so it's a failure. There are different ways you can fail of course. We didn't fail spectacularly, we got close, so there's that. But the intangibles, the feeling of it all, I don't see it, I don't see what Emery is building.

You don't get anywhere by changing your manager for no reason (apart from Chelsea, they get everywhere by doing that), but I don't see what Emery has done to deserve a second season, so f*ck it, bring someone else in.
Emery is building what Kronke allows him to build. As far as the manager is concerned we went up from 6th to 5th.Winning the EL wasn't on the cards.

You want to improve Arsenal? Campaign against Kronke. it wasn't Wenger's fault. It isn't Emery's fault.

stiiphunn

Established Member
We’ll be back again one day. With or without Emery. We’re too big and have too much pedigree to stay down forever. We’ve suffered for lots of shocking transfer windows but the club seems to be smarter in the transfer window now.

Advice to you and everyone, stay off Twitter and places like r/soccer where we’ll be memed.

We take the p*ss out of AM but at the end of the day we’re all Arsenal fans and we’re all hurting after this.
I like the optimism. I’m just not sure that we’ll ever be a real top club again. It’s not even the squad I’m worried about. It’s **** but it can be fixed. I’m more worried about the lack of vision at this club. I don’t know where we go from this. I expect absolutely nothing this summer. Good luck to Emery next season. He’s going to need a lot of it.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
well, we will always be known as the club with ambitious fans, who weren't satisfied with just qualifying for CL, challenging occasionally for the title, winning FA cups and always finishing above Sp**s.

Then we go and let Ramsey leave on a free.

I doubt the footballing gods will have sympathy with the fans......

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
We can blame the ref for not giving the penalty, letting Chelsea get away with murder etc

Individual mistakes

But chelski wasnt even good and we failed to even try to win

Chelsea did bare minimum which was still enough to win tonight. Shameful.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
He's playing the way he's told to. This is the system our team plays now, just get the ball wide and blindly cross.

No point in Özil being here tbh, but he's playing in the set up as instructed.
I've been saying it all season. We've regressed under Emery. Our football is the most uninspiring it has been in a generation. The dude's attacking philosophy is basically have our fullbacks try to cross into the box. As for defence, there is no real structure. It's just throwing more and more bodies at the issue and hoping that it works out.

Check

Looked like a pre-season match. What a f*cking disgrace. No one was even close to his normal level. Chelsea was **** as well, but at least they have Hazard.

Looking forward to the squad overhaul this summer.

Manberg

Predator
I truly believe that the decision to give Özil a £350k a week contract and let Ramsey go for free killed our club for the next 3 or 4 years.

As a self sufficient club where the owner doesn’t spend a penny, to have an average player on £350k a week is self destructive,

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
We’ll be back again one day. With or without Emery. We’re too big and have too much pedigree to stay down forever. We’ve suffered for lots of shocking transfer windows but the club seems to be smarter in the transfer window now.

We will lose the linking to the Top 4 more and more if we continue like this. There is no ambition in this club at the moment and it doesn't look like it will change.

"We're too big" isn't argument. Hamburg said this from year to year and now they are playing their second season in the 2. Bundesliga.

At the moment every club in the PL has money now. It's only a question of time until other clubs will pass us.

CJJ

Established Member
The season objective was to get back into the CL, so it's a failure. There are different ways you can fail of course. We didn't fail spectacularly, we got close, so there's that. But the intangibles, the feeling of it all, I don't see it, I don't see what Emery is building.

You don't get anywhere by changing your manager for no reason (apart from Chelsea, they get everywhere by doing that), but I don't see what Emery has done to deserve a second season, so f*ck it, bring someone else in.
Sorry dude but no. People who looked at our squad prior to this season did not expect us to get into the top4.
Those who did, was being unreasonable. We would have to overperform and other teams underperform, to get into the top4 until we increase the quality of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom