• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Petr Cech: Retiring at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Anybody blaming Cech after tonight is an idiot. Cech didn't fail us tonight. If anything the rest of the team failed him. Yeah, he may not be a true club legend and all that but this guy is a top pro who has won more than the rest of the sorry buch of losers combined. Cech deserved a better finish to his magnificent career. But don't think our players even care. Spineless joggers.
Cech was not the only one to fail. But calling that, a magnificent performance is also stupidity.
What the hell does he deserve for talking about taking a position with Chelsea just before a cup final? The guy deserves absolutely nothing.

blaze_of_glory

Cech was not the only one to fail. But calling that, a magnificent performance is also stupidity.
What the hell does he deserve for talking about taking a position with Chelsea just before a cup final? The guy deserves absolutely nothing.
Didn't Chelsea release that info? I'm not sure Cech did anything wrong there.

I'm not bothered by him playing today. He got us to the final, and we would have lost today with Leno playing regardless.

Polar Bear

Cech was good, made many good saves and also his kicking was on point and not sloppy. He was the best player for us. And I swear I knew it, Cech is a gentleman, he ain't some trash person who would let in goals on purpose. I know he conceded 4 but nothing was his fault, he did a lot of good saves.

100% would have lost with Leno or Martinez, or whoever else in goal. We were hardly creating anything.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Didn't Chelsea release that info? I'm not sure Cech did anything wrong there.

I'm not bothered by him playing today. He got us to the final, and we would have lost today with Leno playing regardless.
Would they have released such info without speaking a single word with Cech? If you are playing against a club in a final, you don't go and negotiate with them for next job.
Watch Cech's reaction time to the first goal. The guy is 37. There was a reason why Leno replaced him in PL. In the fourth goal too, why was he waving his hands upwards in the air when the ball was going to his left?

blaze_of_glory

Would they have released such info without speaking a single word with Cech? If you are playing against a club in a final, you don't go and negotiate with them for next job.
Watch Cech's reaction time to the first goal. The guy is 37. There was a reason why Leno replaced him in PL. In the fourth goal too, why was he waving his hands upwards in the air when the ball was going to his left?
Well yeah, Leno is clearly better. But we'd still have lost today I think. Don't think Cech was the reason for this result.

As for the other stuff, who knows .

Impact

Established Member
Consummate professional etc but the point was that Leno is a better player and should have started. Cech made some good saves but there wasn't one save that Leno couldn't make. However there were points were I wondered if a 'keeper quicker on their feet i.e. Leno gets into a better position to make a save for Giroud's and Pedro's goals.

No room for sentimentality in Finals, ultimately.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
So long Cech. Can't really put too much blame on him for tonight but I'm glad this situation is over and done with. Hope it doesn't come up again with another player anytime soon.

Will be remembered for one or two decent seasons here but not much beyond that.

FinnGooner

Established Member

I didn't say his performance was magnificent, I said he's had a magnificent career. A career that imo deserved a better ending. If not the win, he certainly deserved better effort form his team mates. And actually, his performance wasn't bad either. The only player on the Arsenal team who can say that.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I didn't say his performance was magnificent, I said he's had a magnificent career. A career that imo deserved a better ending. If not the win, he certainly deserved better effort form his team mates. And actually, his performance wasn't bad either. The only player on the Arsenal team who can say that.
His career was good. But didn't deserve a better ending. He was thrown out of Chelsea because they didn't see him good enough anymore. We took him and made him our main keeper. He joined our team only because he wanted to stay in London for family reasons. We don't need such players. We badly needed players who love the badge.
And his performance yesterday was as bad as the rest of the squad. Watch the replays of the first and last goals yesterday.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This is a man who deserves to be treated in a dignified manner and shown respect.

Yes, he may not have been the best with us, and beyond his peak years, but as a person, as a character, he showed complete respect to the club and its supporters.

Its the same ****ing **** that Eboue was subjected to while with us.

While Cech will not go down as a legend, but rather a worthy player to wear the shirt. He represents the type of character I want to see at Arsenal football club, in addition to playing ability.

Go well Petr, thank you for everything.

Last edited:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thought he had a rubbish game but i agree with the above. Model pro who deserves respect.

Good luck, Petr. An absolute gentleman of the game you have always remained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom